Free drink change.

crusinpsychRN

Why in the world they just don’t give the free drink coupons, gold or platinum, to use ANY time of board is beyond me. Just stupid.

Especially since, in my observations, it appears that the majority of cruisers do purchase Cheers, making those coupons useless. It’s a pointless “perk”, in my opinion.

You can now take your free drink coupon to guest services and they will give you a coupon good for any place on the ship at any time. That stupid only in the MDR at breakfast or brunch has to go. Who really wants a drink at breakfast?

This I why Carnival is so much fun. Get a coupon, than you need to go to guest services to get another coupon, which makes the lines at GS even longer. This of course promotes FTTF and gives you are reason to buy it.

My free items are loaded on my card. When it is swiped, I tell them which coupon to use.

People are mixing up the 2 coupons. Platinum/Diamond receive a coupon for a drink in the MDR for brunch, breakfast or lunch. This isn't the same coupon that is for Gold after 5 pm on the last day. I believe the OP is talking about the Platinum/Diamond coupon since they make reference to only using in the MDR. The Gold coupon could be used in any bar it just needed to be used after 5pm on the last day. I don't know if that's changed or not since I don't believe that's the coupon the OP is referencing. JMHO

No matter what your VIFP level, you can use the coupon anywhere after 5pm on the last day.

Just off Miracle and this was the case.

The question you responded to was from a Gold cardholder whose coupon says after 5 PM on last day.

The Platinum/Diamond coupon is good as b'fast or lunch in MDR only.

Which one were you referring to?