CB -- 6 ships at St. Thomas same day ?

arabrab

We're going to be on the Caribbean Princess at the end of March (spring break) and looking at the info it appears that there will be six ships in St. Thomas on March 27th. I have a few questions: with this many ships there, might CB have to tender us in? Would there be a practical advantage in taking a ship sponsored tour vs. arranging one on our own? (We're interested in beach, snorkeling, and similar activities rather than any shopping.) We'd normally book on our own, but if there might be problems getting off the ship or getting back on again then we might make a different choice.

Thanks,

Barb

I've been on the CB twice and both times we docked and there were always many ships in port with us. As far as doing tours on your own, it's easy to do, the only thing is the traffic in the late afternoon - plan on being back to the ship early.

There are two theories on CB...becuase it is a bigger ship it gets priority on parking.....when I was on it, it meant we got to pull in first and out last, BUT it might be easier to just drop anchor. I do think that Princess would try their best to dock though, they will only tender if it is really necessary.

for St. Thomas...try going thru the ship and going on the St. John Trunk Bay excursion, you will NOT be sorry. Beautiful beach, good snorkeling, and easy travelling!

Princess usually docks their large ships there. They seem to pay for the privilidge to do so. I have always docked with Princess when in a Grand Class ship in St. Thomas.

On a side note, the Star Princess docked there (Haversite) when the Queen Mary tendered once...... I would hate to tender off of Queen Mary.

Believe the Queen Mary has the same "problem" the Norway had -- i.e., her draft prohibits her from docking at the pier at Havensite.

Now that I think about it - I think you are right.

It seems whenever I am in St. Thomas - there is always a Disney ship, a Voyager class RCCL ship and a Grand class ship docked at Haversite.

We were on the CB for Thanksgiving and we didn't have to tender in....

Don't go to Megan's Bay. It'll be like Coney Island on the 4th of July. Take the St. John's excursion (or just go on your own- its no big deal)- the beach there is magnificent.

Cruise calendar shows you at sea on the 27th and in St. Thomas on the 28th Here are the ships with you:

LineShipPortDateArriveDepartWebcam Carnival Cruise LinesCarnival TriumphSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands3/28/20068:00 AM6:00 PM Holland America LineZuiderdamSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands3/28/20068:00 AM11:00 PMPort Port Princess CruisesCaribbean PrincessSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands3/28/20067:00 AM6:00 PMShip Ship Port Port Royal CaribbeanNavigator Of The SeasSt. Thomas, US Virgin Islands3/28/20068:00 AM6:00 PM

You are the First ship in so you will be in port, not tendering:cool:

Archived