Panorama

cruiser2019

I am waiting to see how it gets to Long Beach. Rumor has it no European cruises. I am also waiting to see if the interiors will be fitted in Europe or perhaps in Asia? A trans-Pacific cruise would be interesting.

Ye there’s no European sailings for this one which is too bad for us in the U.K. but means we can justify a Caribbean! When they normally have new ships they’re cheap but horizon is coming out more expensive than RCI for us. Anyone sailed the harmony of the seas to compare? I’m looking at that and symphony also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Panorama itinerary will be 7 day cruises that go to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta

That’s disappointing. We took this itinerary on our honeymoon over 30 years ago and with the exception of Cabo, I would never step foot in either of the other 2 ports. Very dirty and poor. Kids begging at the port. Mothers sitting on steps pinching their babies to make them cry so people give them money.

Sorry but I’ll stick to the Caribbean

Ye there’s no European sailings for this one which is too bad for us in the U.K. but means we can justify a Caribbean! When they normally have new ships they’re cheap but horizon is coming out more expensive than RCI for us. Anyone sailed the harmony of the seas to compare? I’m looking at that and symphony also.

Sailed Vista, Allure, and Harmony. We did not like the Vista, you don't have to look too far to find its shortcoming. Oasis class on the other hand is a hands down winner. Awesome experience! The ship is the destination with Oasis class and well worth it.

That’s disappointing. We took this itinerary on our honeymoon over 30 years ago and with the exception of Cabo, I would never step foot in either of the other 2 ports. Very dirty and poor. Kids begging at the port. Mothers sitting on steps pinching their babies to make them cry so people give them money.

Plenty of other ships to chose from if you want the Caribbean. There's no need to be disappointed plenty of mega ships sailing the Caribbean as well. Just FYI, beggers are everywhere. Even in the Caribbean. :)

Lots has changed in 30 years. Think in February we saw one beggar near the Mazatlan Woolworths.

We stick to the West Coast. Our one Caribbean cruise 5 years ago was one too many for us. Too many aggressive, don’t understand the word ‘no’ vendors.

Lots has changed in 30 years. Think in February we saw one beggar near the Mazatlan Woolworths.

We stick to the West Coast. Our one Caribbean cruise 5 years ago was one too many for us. Too many aggressive, don’t understand the word ‘no’ vendors.

I agree...just got back from another Mexican Riviera Cruise and all the locals we met were very nice and helpful. The vendors on the beach are not at all aggressive and a quick No, Gracias was all it took.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So what are your thoughts between horizon / panorama or harmony / symphony of the seas?

If you are interested in the Caribbean, you can take the Panorama out of the mix. It will not be doing the Carib, as others have stated.

The Horizon and Symphony are both new ships this year, the Harmony is a couple years old. I have sailed on both lines and like them both. I was on the Vista for 33 days (sister to Horizon) and I enjoyed the different free eating venues. The theater not so much.

I also just sailed the Allure in Dec. (sister to Symphony), and their entertainment is so much better than Carnival. Their Broadway production will be Hairspray.

I would check pricing and itineraries and then make a decision.

Sailed Vista, Allure, and Harmony. We did not like the Vista, you don't have to look too far to find its shortcoming. Oasis class on the other hand is a hands down winner. Awesome experience! The ship is the destination with Oasis class and well worth it.

Agree totally Oasis class kills the Vista class.

Is it totally Oasis- I guess meaning all three ships in the class or is it totally kills? What is the difference between kills and totally kills???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The difference Jimbo is you probably haven't lived in Cali. Totally awesome dude! LOL What is going to be killer and totally awesome is Virgin Voyages. Can't wait!

The difference Jimbo is you probably haven't lived in Cali. Totally awesome dude! LOL What is going to be killer and totally awesome is Virgin Voyages. Can't wait!

I would be shocked if a virgin cruise is comparable to a Carnival from a pricing perspective.

I would be shocked if a virgin cruise is comparable to a Carnival from a pricing perspective.

Yes agree, it will be interesting to see what price point they fall into after the first few years. Probably similar to Disney.

Edited by skiingj