Any pictures of the TV's on the Pride? More so the input and AUX jacks?

LongHill44

they disable the remote, there is an HDMI input on the TV, there is a work around on you tube

Correct, just look for the menu buttons on the TV, not the remote. If the ports are accessible, then simply plug in, and use the TV menu buttons to the select the input you are plugged into!...

Never had a problem, unless the cruise line put the TV 2 inches or less from the wall.!!

Correct, just look for the menu buttons on the TV, not the remote. If the ports are accessible, then simply plug in, and use the TV menu buttons to the select the input you are plugged into!...

Never had a problem, unless the cruise line put the TV 2 inches or less from the wall.!!

this will NOT work, there is one more fix needed for this to work, watch the video

Carnival disables the input jacks - except in the suites.

I think this was mentioned in an earlier thread of yours

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2603173

yes, I remember that but someone started a new thread today about hooking up a video game on a different ship and some mentioned that their TVs did in fact have the input jacks. This was not the Pride though.

So I am trying to see if anyone has been on the Pride recently

Some have reported that the Pride just recently were furnished with flat screen TVs so we were wondering what kind of inputs the TVs have.

Thanks

Carnival's website states:

"Connecting Personal Devices to Stateroom TV's

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

Carnival's website states:

Guests are not permitted to connect Digital Cameras/Camcorders, DVDs/VCRs, USB sticks, iPods, Nintendo/X-Box Play units with the television in the staterooms; all connection ports are disabled."

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2789/~/stateroom-television-programming

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it will end all of this and people can enjoy the cruise that they paid for.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for posting this. Hopefully it will end all of this and people can enjoy the cruise that they paid for.

Oh please stop it.

It seems hundreds and maybe thousands have hooked up their cameras, camcorders, phones and yes video games up to numerous TVs on numerous ships.

Now do you know if the Pride TVs have any inputs or AUXs or not. We need to focus on the question. What's good and right for you may not be for the other posters on this board.

Why does this continue to be a question. Clearly you are told by Carnival that is it not permitted.

this is the third time, the fix is on youtube, OK here if the mods don't take it down

AWESOME! There are also some other great clips on YouTube that shows you how easily it is to hook up the TV to a camera, laptop, phone or video games. It is a great way to also watch some movies on through your laptop or video game on the TV.

It you look, they are using the Ethernet cord to stream in their promotions and the few basic cable channels they show. Someone on YouTube mentioned that you may even be able to get online with that. But that can't be true.

It's amazing. I love these boards, so many helpful people!

(Not even sure I will even bring a video game but a few of the other families are so.....)

Oh please stop it.

It seems hundreds and maybe thousands have hooked up their cameras, camcorders, phones and yes video games up to numerous TVs on numerous ships.

Now do you know if the Pride TVs have any inputs or AUXs or not. We need to focus on the question. What's good and right for you may not be for the other posters on this board.

So you're condoning that people break the rules Carnival has put in place? They obviously have stated that no devices are permitted to be hooked up to the TV's for a reason. Maybe it was for safety? Who knows, but rules are rules. Maybe if everyone followed the rules, there wouldn't be any complaints at all!

Just so you know they have both types of TVs in Pride cabins, flat screen and the old CRT models. We had a flat screen in our balcony cabin and our friends in the next cabin did not. They are replacing the old ones as needed, not all at once.

So you're condoning that people break the rules Carnival has put in place? They obviously have stated that no devices are permitted to be hooked up to the TV's for a reason. Maybe it was for safety? Who knows, but rules are rules. Maybe if everyone followed the rules, there wouldn't be any complaints at all!

WHAT? :rolleyes:

All I am saying is it appears thousands of people have done it with no harm to the cruise lines or anyone else. And Carnival should embrace it, I am not so sure everyone wants to watch 3 channels and a 24-hour Carnival infomercial.

And I'll let you in on a secret, some may call what these cruise lines do unfair and borderline economic discrimination because in the suites, with the same exact TV, you are allowed to hook up your devices but not in the cheaper cabins. IS THAT FAIR?

Pros of cruise lines allowing devices on TV's:

Cameras- Edit pictures from the ship to share with others

Camcorders- Edit video from the trip to share with others and enjoy them on the TV

Laptops- Edit pictures and videos, watch movies, do work or play games

Video game- Play video games, watch movies

DVD player- watch movies

And I am sure there are so much more. Is anything above evil or harmful? NO, it is just making the cruiser's experience that much more enjoyable! Why is that a bad thing?

All I am saying is it appears thousands of people have done it with no harm to the cruise lines or anyone else. And Carnival should embrace it, I am not so sure everyone wants to watch 3 channels and a 24-hour Carnival infomercial.

And I'll let you in on a secret, some may call what these cruise lines do unfair and borderline economic discrimination because in the suites, with the same exact TV, you are allowed to hook up your devices but not in the cheaper cabins. IS THAT FAIR?

Pros of cruise lines allowing devices on TV's:

Cameras- Edit pictures from the ship to share with others

Camcorders- Edit video from the trip to share with others and enjoy them on the TV

Laptops- Edit pictures and videos, watch movies, do work or play games

Video game- Play video games, watch movies

DVD player- watch movies

And I am sure there are so much more. Is anything above evil or harmful? NO, it is just making the cruiser's experience that much more enjoyable! Why is that a bad thing?

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Carnival set the rules, not me. And they set the rules for a reason. Just like the laws in our country...laws or rules are not meant to be broken, regardless of how we feel about them. Maybe Carnival considers it a fire hazard by having additional items plugged into the TVs? Maybe that's why there's only only electrical outlet in each cabin. Who knows why they made this rule? But it's there for a reason.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. Carnival set the rules, not me. And they set the rules for a reason. Just like the laws in our country...laws or rules are not meant to be broken, regardless of how we feel about them. Maybe Carnival considers it a fire hazard by having additional items plugged into the TVs? Maybe that's why there's only only electrical outlet in each cabin. Who knows why they made this rule? But it's there for a reason.

My guess the rule is in place to protect CCL from any claims, so if someone's $1000 game system gets fried while hooked up to the TV they don't have to worry about reimbursing it. If this was a fire hazard issue then game systems would be seized when the luggage is checked the way that flat irons are.

I think the electrical system on the ship is slightly different, and the fear is that the current draw could be too great, if allowed. Someone with the technical answer can explain this better.

However, I wish they would allow it. Think of it. All those people paying to go on a cruise, but instead staying in their rooms. That means, less people in lines, and bars, and faster service for everyone else, that knows how to socialize. Kids will be locked in the rooms, and not roaming around in packs, causing havoc. I see it as a win win for most.

I think the electrical system on the ship is slightly different, and the fear is that the current draw could be too great, if allowed. Someone with the technical answer can explain this better.

However, I wish they would allow it. Think of it. All those people paying to go on a cruise, but instead staying in their rooms. That means, less people in lines, and bars, and faster service for everyone else, that knows how to socialize. Kids will be locked in the rooms, and not roaming around in packs, causing havoc. I see it as a win win for most.

You have a great point in which I totally agree

We don't bring anything to hook up to the TV (we could if we wanted to) but it is a valid question and I'm curious to know too...why is it allowed in the suites and not other cabins? If for safety reasons or to avoid device liability wouldn't it be the same ship-wide?

if you have Directv you can download as many shows as you like. We bring a 15' HDMI cable we use in hotels as well. There is no fire hazard hooking up an HDMI cable. How many do you have plugged into your home TV?