Trivia Themes

atj1971

Harry Potter trivia has been the most popular trivia contest on my cruises, drawing SRO crowds, and is highly competitive. I’ve seen 4 people/groups tied with 20 out of 20, then go to a fourth tie breaker to determine a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have just finished the 6th book. After I have read Number7, I will watch the movies. Four of them can be rented on U-Verse, I have two taped, and hope to find the one that missing.

I cannot wait to see how the films portray the characters in the books!

Can they possibly be as good as the books? If anyone had told me I would flip out over Harry Potter books as a senior citizen, I would have laughed. But I have enjoyed them immensely.

And God willing, I will be at that Trivia on the Sunshine. Just to play and be around other fans of Harry Potter.

Amber-My Dh is finally reading the books after seeing the movies, another senior, and he too is loving them. I read the books when they came out, and the movies are not as good. Good, but not as good. check your local symphony-there is a 7 year tour of symphonies showing the movie while the symphonies perform the music, I am waiting for book 4 with the symphony as they are expensive, but a once in a lifetime thing. (three more years to go-hope I live that long)

urban trivia is what threw DH and I off, we were thinking about Tupac- those kinds of urban legends, not it's more like did what bank accept a check written on the side of a cow. I saw at Walgreens, an urban trivia game, I should have bought it-I've got 41 more days to go before our next cruise!

not so great about music from the 80's, or one hit wonders, would really love rock from the 60's.. Oh, and on the legend two years ago, they did a trivia game on broadway shows. we were in Alaska, it was a tie between two people, and this guy won it before they played the first note. think that one was rigged.:confused:

Man I would LOVE for them to have a Broadway musical themed trivia on our next cruise. :)

The last cruise we were on there was Game of Thrones trivia and I felt *so* bad for the poor host. He was a Spanish guy who'd never seen the shows and had quite a heavy accent. He would try to pronounce things and not understand what he was pronouncing so people would keep asking him to repeat the question (because they couldn't understand with his accent) or rudely correcting him (when he mispronounced things). After the third or fourth time somebody asked him to repeat the question, you could tell the crowd (and the area where they were having the trivia was absolutely bloody packed) was starting to turn. The further we got through the questions, the more annoyed people became because there was a lot of "Can you repeat that? I didn't understand with your accent." going on and "It's pronounced DRUH-CAR-UHS, not drack-uhr-us." and things like that.

I have just finished the 6th book. After I have read Number7, I will watch the movies. Four of them can be rented on U-Verse, I have two taped, and hope to find the one that missing.

I cannot wait to see how the films portray the characters in the books!

Can they possibly be as good as the books? If anyone had told me I would flip out over Harry Potter books as a senior citizen, I would have laughed. But I have enjoyed them immensely.

And God willing, I will be at that Trivia on the Sunshine. Just to play and be around other fans of Harry Potter.

I'm glad you are enjoying the books - my family does too. I almost never find a movie based on a book to be as good as the book, but they are totally different mediums so it is hard to compare. We have watched (and re-watched) the movies and enjoyed them. Some casting choices I feel were spot on and others I questioned, but if you watch with an open mind I think you will enjoy them.

Amber-My Dh is finally reading the books after seeing the movies, another senior, and he too is loving them. I read the books when they came out, and the movies are not as good. Good, but not as good. check your local symphony-there is a 7 year tour of symphonies showing the movie while the symphonies perform the music, I am waiting for book 4 with the symphony as they are expensive, but a once in a lifetime thing. (three more years to go-hope I live that long)

urban trivia is what threw DH and I off, we were thinking about Tupac- those kinds of urban legends, not it's more like did what bank accept a check written on the side of a cow. I saw at Walgreens, an urban trivia game, I should have bought it-I've got 41 more days to go before our next cruise!

not so great about music from the 80's, or one hit wonders, would really love rock from the 60's.. Oh, and on the legend two years ago, they did a trivia game on broadway shows. we were in Alaska, it was a tie between two people, and this guy won it before they played the first note. think that one was rigged.:confused:

I know your husband is enjoying the books! I am thinking.......Could she not write just a few more books about Harry ? (Just her as the author, not co-authors )

We are on the Sunshine in June. My daughter, who is a math coach in our public school system is also on the last book. Now she is a Harry Potter fan!

On one of my cruises they had in the main show room a geography trivia. Pictures of places were shown and there were at least 30 places. I got all but 2 but the place was packed and many got all correct. It was fun and different.

We go to most of the trivia's. We enjoy them immensely. I will always remember the many fellow cruisers we met while playing on the same team. Whenever we saw them out and about the ship or on shore, it was fun to see familiar,friendly faces.

We do not do well on name that song trivia.unless it is the 5o's or 60's. Ditto TV shows. Sports except for football.

We do OK with history, pop culture ( I read People magazine), movies, general knowledge.

We do very well with political questions. Mythology.

We just have a lot of fun win or lose.

Wish they would do a Lord of the Rings Trilogy quiz!

Might be surprised. We found that the trivia was obscure. Lot's of people with expertise in the categories.

You’re highly underestimating my deep knowledge of useless Friends trivia lol

A Lord of the Rings would be a great trivia game! Right now I am in a southern writers book club, and I think I could do well in that category, that and work is about all I do these days, and wait for our next cruise:o

the true and false ones are way to easy to change on the page-I wish they were yes and No answers. (do folks really cheat on this-all for a plastic ship?)

A Lord of the Rings would be a great trivia game! Right now I am in a southern writers book club, and I think I could do well in that category, that and work is about all I do these days, and wait for our next cruise:o

the true and false ones are way to easy to change on the page-I wish they were yes and No answers. (do folks really cheat on this-all for a plastic ship?)

The Lord of the Ring Films have been on TV so often that even if people have not read the books, they are are familiar with them.

I also enjoyed the Gender battle. The women against the men, usually held at night. Sometimes people say the funniest things when guessing. It is all in good fun, and often hilarious.

I’m praying for Friends trivia on my upcoming cruise. I know for a fact that I would finally win a ship on a stick

They had this on Elation in Nov & January. Some easy questions, then questions like, name all three of the triplets that Phoebe carried for her brother and his wife. Brush up before you go!:D:D:D:D:D:D

[quote name=AmberTeka;55635746

I also enjoyed the Gender battle. The women against the men' date=' usually held at night. Sometimes people say the funniest things when guessing. It is all in good fun, and often hilarious.[/quote]

Me too.

One time we were playing that game and I happened to be the team captain for the women. The question put to me was "Name the movie that has this for a tagline: 'There can be only one.' ". I guess the host didn't expect me to know it but I didn't even have to poll the women. I've seen that movie 84,000 times as it's one of my favorites. :D

They had this on Elation in Nov & January. Some easy questions, then questions like, name all three of the triplets that Phoebe carried for her brother and his wife. Brush up before you go!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Easy. Chandler, Frank Jr Jr and Leslie

Me too.

One time we were playing that game and I happened to be the team captain for the women. The question put to me was "Name the movie that has this for a tagline: 'There can be only one.' ". I guess the host didn't expect me to know it but I didn't even have to poll the women. I've seen that movie 84,000 times as it's one of my favorites. :D

I would have gotten that one right off, too. Huge fan of the movies and tv series, as well as the music (Queen was a great choice).

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On one of my cruises they had in the main show room a geography trivia. Pictures of places were shown and there were at least 30 places. I got all but 2 but the place was packed and many got all correct. It was fun and different.

Last summer on the Sunshine, we went for the 80s music trivia, but stuck around for geography. The host asked if anyone playing was a teacher. My two friends and I are all teachers, but I teach geography! Needless to say, I was relieved when I won:')

• 1 year later...

I look forward to every one but, let me start off by saying my wife dislikes trivia till it starts. Then she gets into it. We aced the 50s and 60s music. Totally excited we knew every one, we tied with another and also won the tie breaker. It was the Baby Elephant Walk by Henry Mancini 1961.

History places with projected pictures was different and fun. Brain teasers are also fun. They had one time The Big Bang Theory. It was excellent. The only problem with going to all the trivia you can. You then find out how much you spent on the cruise to find out how little you know. Always a lot of fun no matter what you get. At least on Carnival you can get the ship on a stick, medal on a lanyard or something nice as a souvenir. On all the other cruise lines. Zip and next to nothing. Nice pen you won got there. 😕 On Celebrity they are now doing an archery game. You get nothing if you win. They say it is only to test your skill, yet they keep score and the names.

What bothers me is the 6 together & others using the iphones for the answers.