I'm proposing.... I need help

MRLKAD

I'm proposing on MY FIRST cruise. Alot of very big events for me. I wanna pop the question on the ship. I have heard about a really awesome event planner for the Carnival cruises..... I could REALLY use your help hahaha. My cruise is at the end of September which so happens to be the month of both of our birthdays.... She thinks we are doing the cruise for our birthday... PERFECT diversion I know right... in reality I'm popping the question.. my brother and his wife are coming.. her best friend and her boyfriend are coming.. so it's really gonna be a big deal.. I'm trying to talk to her mother and have her mother and her husband come.. so PLEASE... I need some help planning this. I never been on a cruise before therefore I don't even know how to begin to do this :)

We had one last week. During the welcome aboard show the CD picked two couples from the audience to compete in a game. After the game he told the one girl it wasn’t really random and the guy had something important to say. And he did it there on stage.

Make sure that she would like a public proposal, and if so, there are a lot of options. Try to find a copy of the Fun Times for ideas in entertainment, shows, restaurants, etc. If you think she'd prefer something more quiet you could always find a quiet place out on deck at night under the stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She wants it to be legendary hahahaha.. as do I it's my first cruise I'm kinda sketched out about it... she has been on SEVERAL .. I just want her to NEVER forget it and be a 100% shock to her.. I wanna do something really special for her she is a SUPER hard working nurse and she deserves that ABSOLUTE world.. so I'm trying to go above and beyond for her special night.. I got us a couples massage booked and paid for our first day out at sea.. I have 3 exscusions planned..

good luck. we got engaged on our first iirc....after karaoke asked if she wanted to go for a walk up on deck under the stars. nope. headache, tired, etc (it was also the last night of the cruise-so do it the first couple nights when excitement is the highest) went back to the cabin. did it there. she still jokes about how she ruined her engagement. couple cruises later we got marries on carnival. worked out I guess ;)

anyway, are you looking for ideas? if you want to make a spectacle do it in the dining room. talk to the maitre d before hand. I'm sure they'd be glad to get the wireless mic out. Durin show would be cool. if you can find the CD and talk to him that day you might be able to have him call you and her up to stage or something crazy....Maybe go up on karaoke night and sing her a ballad or maybe a song special to you both , then call her down after the song- maybe tell the person running it you'll need an extra couple minutes)

just a couple ideas anyway, Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but either way good luck and have fun, and make sure to post back after the cruise, we want to know the details!!

Ok, your plan sounds awesome. One idea if you want it less public but public is to pick a specialty restaurant you know she will like, book it for everyone, then on the way there or afterward, stop by one of the many photographers taking pictures (perhaps on a formal night). Figure out a way to get them in on this and have them start asking questions. Where are you from (to you and your soon to be fiancé)? Are you married? No, boyfriend and girlfriend? And so on. Then they can say something like "Ok, one more pose, get down on one knee and act like you are proposing," and that's when the ring comes out when you are down on one knee. BONUS: You have great pictures of the proposal and her reaction too - for purchase of course.

Otherwise, I like the idea of having the cruise director come up with something really cool for you.

I shocked the he$$ out of my wife with the proposal because I decided to do it somewhere totally unexpected. Pre-kids, we went out for breakfast (and not church, haha) every Sunday morning for a nice leisurely 3 hour meal at the coffee shop where we just sat, drank coffee, read the papers and talked. Bam, stunned the bleep out of her as she would have never suspected that. But it was one of our favorite places and times of the week.

I'd seek out the cruise director asap when you get on ship and see what they can do. I'm sure they live for this sort of thing. Me, I'd like a beach and romance... but I've been married almost 36 years. Lol

I second this...the CD could be a big help! Congrats, I'm sure you will do a great job.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

She wants it Legendary.... LOL.... Two suggestion;

1) Propose during the CD Morning show. Fill him/her in on your plan and he can help. He can call you 2 up on stage, etc. People can attend in the morning so it will be easy to get everyone there. Plus it will be on video for your memories because its shown throughout the day on "repeat" on one of the Carnival channels

2) When the Captain introduces his staff in the Atrium.....there is usually a large crowd. Another perfect time to ask the question!! CD coordinates the event and hands over Mic to Captain for the introductions.... When he is done....He can call you over and you can pop the question!! I'm sure you could coordinate a video of the event with the Photography staff

My dream is to get engaged and eventually married on a cruise

My ideal proposal would be at night out on the promenade deck. There’s something about being out there with the blue lights I love

Have chocolate covered strawberries and champagne (if not doing cheers) delivered to your room the night you do it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, your plan sounds awesome. One idea if you want it less public but public is to pick a specialty restaurant you know she will like, book it for everyone, then on the way there or afterward, stop by one of the many photographers taking pictures (perhaps on a formal night). Figure out a way to get them in on this and have them start asking questions. Where are you from (to you and your soon to be fiancé)? Are you married? No, boyfriend and girlfriend? And so on. Then they can say something like "Ok, one more pose, get down on one knee and act like you are proposing," and that's when the ring comes out when you are down on one knee. BONUS: You have great pictures of the proposal and her reaction too - for purchase of course.

winner!!! wish I would've been that creative!

omg if I could get the captain in on it the would be NOTHING better.. captain of the ship in on my proposal OMG I would be mindblown

In my opinion this would be the biggest surprise factor....cause she would have no clue until the Captain called you over and handed you the Mic.... or the CD....could make it more dramatic by stating we are giving out a bottle of Champagne randomly and he calls your name.... This way when you go get it....shes not putting 1 and 1 together which she might when you are walking over to the Captain to make the announcement/pop the question. Then you have the champagne to celebrate with!!

Update... I messaged my CD over fb... he blocked me from messaging him... but kept me on his friends list.. kinda upset bout that I thought they were cool and liked doing this stuff :/ kinda bummed out... so there goes that idea...

you might have to just go introduce yourself once on board. you could also work it in at the hairy chest contest? I know gross. or even during a trivia game. I like the idea of the pictures myself.

I just asked my DH how he would do it, he said in one of the nice restaurants. You can hire a photographer to be with you during a set time period,

but DH says if you keep asking all these folks to go, she might think something is going on before you even get down on bended knee. good luck, and God bless you both..

This is off the wall and not what you specifically asked for. However, it might be nice to propose at one of the ports, on the beach or at a resort.

If you propose on a beach, etc., you will be able to go back to where you proposed on your 5th, 10th, 25th etc. proposal anniversary. I feel sure the port will have wedding/event planners who could make your proposal unforgettable and arrange for a photographer, toasts, etc. It could even be done in a secluded area where only you and your guests are present. You want the marriage to last forever. You might want to celebrate your proposal forever.

Are you flying to Florida the day before the cruise? If so, a proposal the night before the cruise might give you the entire cruise as an engagement party. You could still have an awe inspiring engagement dinner on the ship with all your friends & family to celebrate after you sail. Also, no worries about possible missed ports or weather delays.

I have friends who had their ceremony on a new, beautiful ship. The ship is now old, tired, way past it's prime and not fit for a romantic anniversary visit. Ships come and go. The couple is still going strong.

At any rate, congrats. You seem like one nice fella. How ever you propose, the "yes" will be the highlight.

I like the captain idea a lot too. That would be great. I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure the CD gets hassled by lots of people. You may want to call Carnival headquarters and tell them what you have in mind. Maybe the PR department. They will likely help you get in touch with the CD in advance. Or just approach him on board asap. I think so long as you have a plan a, b and c, you're golden. Good luck!

And this is kind of funny because I like parties and seem outgoing but am really introverted. On the Escape the past two years, I found myself trying hard to avoid the cruise director who both years was a jolly guy that seemed like he wanted to talk whenever I passed him on deck.

How about designing your own proposal wine label? It is flat and easy to slip in your suitcase. Once onboard, you could probably make arrangements at the steakhouse to peel and stick it on the front of your favorite wine or champagne. Go to dinner there, order a bottle of wine, the waiter/waitress can bring it out and show it to you first for your approval. You inspect the label then show it to your girlfriend to see if she approves. Proposal made and the steakhouse is public but not as overwhelmingly public as the main dining room. Every year, for your anniversary you can make up a new wine label to celebrate. Good luck-however you propose!