Shore excursion price increases pre-embarkation

Just a head’s up to you all, in case you are new to cruising RCL like we are. In addition, we are finding in certain ports we prefer to book through the cruise line.

The cruise line can, of course, choose to increase their pricing but as cruisers I wanted to let you all know what I learned this morning.

A week ago, over 30 days precuise, I used Cruise Planner to book and prepay our shore excursions. Glad I did. Checked on the bookings this morning just to verify one port in particular, and noticed it had increased by $15pp.

Upon review, all the excursion prices had increased. For 3 excursions for 2 people, I’d saved $88 by booking over 30 days out. What!

Clearly a policy for RCL, so I am putting it out to you all in the forum. In case you all were unaware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is just about when the excursion sail ended. I did get a few good deals during the sale. Now they are back up to regular price. To the OP, if this is your first RCI cruise how are you sure that this is "Clearly a policy for RCL, so I am putting it out to you all in the forum."

Just a head’s up to you all, in case you are new to cruising RCL like we are. In addition, we are finding in certain ports we prefer to book through the cruise line.

The cruise line can, of course, choose to increase their pricing but as cruisers I wanted to let you all know what I learned this morning.

A week ago, over 30 days precuise, I used Cruise Planner to book and prepay our shore excursions. Glad I did. Checked on the bookings this morning just to verify one port in particular, and noticed it had increased by $15pp.

Upon review, all the excursion prices had increased. For 3 excursions for 2 people, I’d saved $88 by booking over 30 days out. What!

Clearly a policy for RCL, so I am putting it out to you all in the forum. In case you all were unaware.

On my last cruise I cancelled my early booking and rebooked close to sailing date because there was a excursion sale so I saved money. Like everything else watch the price.

That is just about when the excursion sail ended. I did get a few good deals during the sale. Now they are back up to regular price. To the OP, if this is your first RCI cruise how are you sure that this is "Clearly a policy for RCL, so I am putting it out to you all in the forum."

Sorry it’s our third Royal Caribbean cruise, but thank you for the correction.

The sale makes perfect sense as a reason not a policy, thanks.