Question for those who purchase alcohol at the funshops

prestige809

The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation for cruise durations 5 days and less; for cruise durations 6 days and more, alcohol will be delivered to guest staterooms after 7:00pm, the evening prior to debarkation (some exceptions may apply).

Cruises of 5 nights or less, you will have to pick it up on the morning of debarkation. Cruises of 6 nights and longer, they will deliver it to your stateroom the evening before debarkation. I think. The cut-off may be 7 days. Certainly someone will remember for sure.

• 1 month later...

How are the bottles packaged for carry-out? Especially if you buy quite a bit? I will have a folding luggage cart and not sure if I need to bring small Home Depot boxes to put the bottles in. DH says they will be in boxes. What I remember from the last time we did alcohol carry-off were the two-bottle cardboard boxes with handles. Not sure how easy those will be to strap to a luggage cart.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

From our experience, if they are boxed at time of purchase they will arrive in a box. If they are simply wrapped in a paper/plastic combo and not boxed at time of purchase, they will arrive in that original packaging as you turned it in.

From our experience, if they are boxed at time of purchase they will arrive in a box. If they are simply wrapped in a paper/plastic combo and not boxed at time of purchase, they will arrive in that original packaging as you turned it in.

Thank you for your response.

Even if purchased through the Fun Shops? I know they offer the 2-for and 4-for. Didn't know how those might be boxed up. I assume your items were purchased in port? I'm hoping to find some Tortuga rum in Nassau for DH as well, so need to be able carry those. I'm a planner, DH not so much...

Our Fun Shop Purchase was in a box. Our bottle from Tropicante (Mahuhual -Costa Maya) and our bottles from John Wattling (Nassau, Bahamas) were wrapped in paper packaging and we carried them to the ship. The Dufry shops and some others will box if delivering to ship for you. It has also been our experience that shorter cruises you have to pick up your liquor on disembarkation morning from a set location. Bring your paper receipr from when you turned in the bottles for those you carried onboard. They will match your folio number from your sign and sail as well as your room number and name when picking up.

Not sure where you are sailing out of, and if other ports are the same, but if you go out of Galveston you are deeply restricted on how much alcohol you can take off the ship. My numbers may be wrong but it seems like it was 2 bottles if you were a Texas resident and 4 bottles if you lived anywhere else. Feel free to correct me if my numbers are wrong or if the rules have changed over the past few years.

Not sure where you are sailing out of, and if other ports are the same, but if you go out of Galveston you are deeply restricted on how much alcohol you can take off the ship. My numbers may be wrong but it seems like it was 2 bottles if you were a Texas resident and 4 bottles if you lived anywhere else. Feel free to correct me if my numbers are wrong or if the rules have changed over the past few years.

Are you USMC, or just like snack cakes?

We will be going out of Port Canaveral on the Liberty. I won't have DH with me so have to be prepared to be able to drag everything off in addition to my laptop bag and carry-on. Hoping to be able to get everything on the luggage cart, depending on how the bottles are boxed. When we came back through Miami I think we had 6 to 8 bottles.

Will probably have that much, or more, depending on how good the specials are. The Sheridan's sounds very intriguing and hoping to be able to give that a taste test.

Does anyone know if I bought 4 bottles of Sheridan Liquor would I have a problem bringing them off the ship. Its my husband and I, so can we each claim two bottles? And if possible, could we claim even more than that?

This is a link to the duty free allowance that Carnival has listed on their website. Each person is allowed one liter each. After that, they will charge a duty. With that said, when we have come back through the Florida ports, we have always been honest on our customs form and with the agent and have always been waived through with no additional charge. But as DevilDawg said, Galveston and New York (maybe) seem to have more restrictions. I have not cruised out of Galveston and we did not bring back alcohol in NY.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1370

Which port?

Long Beach. And I have heard that they have specials on the ship where you can get 4 bottles in a pack. We know for sure we want to buy 4 bottles for a gift, but we may want to also buy a bottle for ourselves. If we do end up having to pay taxes when we get off the ship, does anyone know about how much it is? Under $10, or are we talking a lot of money?