"real" iced tea on Carnival?

JCinATL

I hate the iced tea onboard. I’ll make my own

1. Brew two tea bags in one mug

(Add sweetener of choice at this point or before adding teabags)

2. Pour over a full cup of ice.

I’ll get tea and the cup of ice then get my food. By the time I return to the table the tea is brewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I only drink unsweetened iced tea. Grew up that way. I have lived in eastern NC most of my life. I want to taste the tea, not sugar. With that said the tea on board a Carnival ship is terrible. I find that I have to drink beer for the whole cruise. I guess that thinks could be worse.

As a southerner, I was thrilled to see that iced tea is one of the "free" drinks on Carnival, because that's really all I want to drink all day.

But it just occurred to me - does Carnival serve real iced tea, made from tea bags? Or do they serve the fake stuff they have up north that comes from the coke machine and tastes like bad lemonade?

Also from the south and wondered this as well. Thanks for asking. I’m sad to see all the answers though yuck

Someone mentioned getting a pot of tea from room service and making tea, which you can do, but the pots from room service reek of coffee.

If you don't mind the coffee thing, then that suggestion will work and would be easier.

But the tea is not all that bad.

Seriously

But the tea is not all that bad.

Seriously

No - it's actually WORSE!

Seriously if you are a true Southerner who loves and respects the nectar of the gods, just know that stuff on board is nasty. I had Cheers so I found plenty of other things to drink thankfully........

I haven't gone on my cruise yet, but I hear there's honest tea in the coffee cafe? I'm getting cheers so I think I'll grab one of those. I can't sustain multiple glasses of real sweet tea anymore, but it could give you the tea taste and you can add more sweetness if you want. But I'm a newbie, so who knows.

I love discussions about iced tea, and the whole ragin' sweet vs unsweet debate. No matter which way you go with with iced tea in this world, the Lido deck tea isn't exactly the real thing. I just bring my own bags and brew it myself as others above have commented. There are tea bags available even. I liked the comment about ordering tea service the first day and keeping the pot in the room all week -- had not thought of that one. I bring a large insulated mug to keep ice in my room.

I was sorta cogitating sun tea on my last cruise but I figured I'd get a mason jar all set up on the fore deck and then get in trouble for broken glass so i never actually put that in motion. Took a nap instead, I think. Yeah, those naps. Not enough iced tea, I expect. Drink less tea, take more naps. It works out.

As a Southerner who loves her iced tea, I was considering foregoing the Bubbles program for the next cruise and just drinking the tea onboard. This thread just convinced me to buy Bubbles again.

My first cruise I decided against buying Bubbles for myself because I don't really drink much soda and I thought I would just drink the ice tea on the ship. Nope one sip and off to the bar to buy a soda I went.

I will order ice tea from the main dining room it is way better than the tea on the lido deck.

I love discussions about iced tea, and the whole ragin' sweet vs unsweet debate. No matter which way you go with with iced tea in this world, the Lido deck tea isn't exactly the real thing. I just bring my own bags and brew it myself as others above have commented. There are tea bags available even. I liked the comment about ordering tea service the first day and keeping the pot in the room all week -- had not thought of that one. I bring a large insulated mug to keep ice in my room.

I was sorta cogitating sun tea on my last cruise but I figured I'd get a mason jar all set up on the fore deck and then get in trouble for broken glass so i never actually put that in motion. Took a nap instead, I think. Yeah, those naps. Not enough iced tea, I expect. Drink less tea, take more naps. It works out.

Naps for the win:D

If you want to make sun tea though, I would try to find a plastic quart container vs. bringing a mason jar. Most mayonnaise jars will fit a regular refill and band if you don't want to buy anything (and have an old mayonnaise jar;))

My first cruise I decided against buying Bubbles for myself because I don't really drink much soda and I thought I would just drink the ice tea on the ship. Nope one sip and off to the bar to buy a soda I went.

I will order ice tea from the main dining room it is way better than the tea on the lido deck.

I wonder if they actually use a different tea in the different areas, or if the taste difference is more the container you are drinking from (glass vs. plastic). I would think it would all be sourced the same, but the atmosphere in MDR can make most things seem nicer.