Who Works On Each Ship????

ushcruiser

Let's start a message on who the Cruise Director is, his assistant and name all of the cruise staff and what they contributed to the enjoyment of the cruise. Also, list if these staff are staying on current cruise or if they are changing ships. Thanks for everyone's input and will be interested to see where all of the Princess staff are right now.

This is a good idea, although this might be tough since crew change ships all the time. But, here's a start:

Sapphire Princess (current as of 9/26/05):

Captain: Paul Wright

Cruise Director: Billy Hygate

Deputy Cruise Director: Scott

Other Cruise Staff: Sam, Liam and Jason

I think it is a great idea. We are going on our third cruise and while we would not pick our cruise depending on the CD staff, I would be curious to know if one from our other cruises was on the ship.

Tim Donovan (I think that is his name) was the CD on our first cruise on the Grand. He did a great job, and was quite an entertainer himself. Does anyone know which ship he is on now?

Sandi

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s the poop on Dawn Princess, but this will be changing mid-January –

Cruise Director – Gavin Chandler

Assistant Senior Cruise Director – Jen Glancey

Assistant Cruise Directors – Gavin, Erin, Ania and Rachel

Captain – Niccolo Barramaorioens (I don’t know how to spell the last name)

Matre’D – Luigi M. (I don’t remember his last name)

On second thought, I don’t think I’m much help since I don’t remember anyone’s names. But as Largin says, these rosters change almost monthly and if Princess gets an itch and decides to transship someone (as happened to one of the cruise staff on Dawn Princess) it could change in the middle of a cruise.

Well let me tell you that I am in the cruise staff dept, I am a senior assistant cruise director and we never really know where we are going until the last minute, contracts change and vary all the time so you never know who you are going to be working with. We usually all work 6 month contracts, the actual cruise directors usually only do 4 months depending on their rotations, but we all move around from ship to ship and work with different people all the time, so its very rare that you will find exactly the same team together again. In answer to which cruise director is taking out the Crown I think it could possibly be James Lay but I am not sure!!! Let me know if you have any more questions.:) :)

Thats funny you should say that, Chris is one of my favorites to work with aswell, I have worked 3 contracts with him and learnt so much from him, he really is a true proffessional and very personable aswell!! I heard he was on the Island last, but he only does small contracts here and there so i am not sure where he is but I need to email him any way to invite him to my wedding so I will let you know what ship he is on next as soon as I find out!!! Take care xx:)

Thank you for checking in with us - we appreciate your input.

We sailed on the Golden about 5 yrs ago with Alistar Greener (I may not be spelling this correct -sorry) He was the BEST CD we've ever had - we enjoyed him so much. Is he still with Princess - haven't run into him or heard anything of him for a very long time.

THANKS

Yes Alastair Greener is still with Princess, I believe he was last on the Sea Princess, but he may be going on the Diamond next aswell, I am really not that sure as I said the rotations change around so much, but yeah Alastair is also great, I worked with him on the Sapphire twice last year. Its so nice to read everyones comments and reviews on cruise critic, I dont get much time when i am on a ship, but I am home on vacation now so I like to check in with cruise critic every now and then, its good to get some feed back. Oh and thanks for the congrats, I am getting married next year... met my fiancee on the Carribean Princess in July 2004.... (the love boat.....) We are both heading out to the Star next week for the next 6 months so if anyone has any plans to go there then come say hi to us!!!!

The last cruise we were on was October/November on the Tahitian Princess the Cruise director was Dan Gibbons. His morning show was quite funny. As many questions there are about who will be the Cruise Director I would think this would be a good thread to keep going.

Well let me tell you that I am in the cruise staff dept, I am a senior assistant cruise director and we never really know where we are going until the last minute, contracts change and vary all the time so you never know who you are going to be working with. We usually all work 6 month contracts, the actual cruise directors usually only do 4 months depending on their rotations, but we all move around from ship to ship and work with different people all the time, so its very rare that you will find exactly the same team together again. In answer to which cruise director is taking out the Crown I think it could possibly be James Lay but I am not sure!!! Let me know if you have any more questions.:) :)

Do you know who will be the CD on The Diamond April 14 2006,Sydney to SF ?

Thank you Claire....Kruisey:)

Yes Alastair Greener is still with Princess, I believe he was last on the Sea Princess, but he may be going on the Diamond next aswell, I am really not that sure as I said the rotations change around so much, but yeah Alastair is also great, I worked with him on the Sapphire twice last year. Its so nice to read everyones comments and reviews on cruise critic, I dont get much time when i am on a ship, but I am home on vacation now so I like to check in with cruise critic every now and then, its good to get some feed back. Oh and thanks for the congrats, I am getting married next year... met my fiancee on the Carribean Princess in July 2004.... (the love boat.....) We are both heading out to the Star next week for the next 6 months so if anyone has any plans to go there then come say hi to us!!!!

Hi cruisinclaire,

We will be on the Star on the January 22nd sailing. I assuming that means you will be on the ship working. Where would we find you?

I don't know if you can make it, but on the 22nd we will be meeting at the Wheelhouse Bar at 10:15pm. Would love to meet you. We have a great CC group lined up so far. Hopefully everyone will make it.

So, do you know who will be the CD and staff on the Star this week? Congratulations on your engagement and thanks for the info.

We had Mike Lee on the Grand 6 years ago. Anyone know if he is still with the company? Funny that out of 4 cruises, 3 have had southern US Cruise Directors (2 from South Carolina, not sure where Mike was from).

Hey thats so cool

Yes I will just be starting that day on the 22nd, so lots for me to do that day, safety inductions etc... but will deffinatly try and pop to the wheelhouse around that time to say Hi, I know the welcome aboard show is around the same time so I have to be in the start of that but will pop in after as I am sure you wont be rushing off anywhere!!! If not I am sure you will find me at some point... I am the senior assistant cruise director so I will be all over involved in all the cruise staff activities so just come say HI and introduce yoursleves!!! See you next week take care xxxx:)

cruisinclaire,

Congratulations on your engagement. I hope all the plans for your wedding go well. Have fun back at work too. I don't know if you remember but I was the one going to Devon for Christmas. Had a great time and it was absolutely beautiful there. Hoping to get back there in October. What are the spots to go to there? Enjoy your last week of vacation.

giggster11

hi clare, i to will be joining the Star on the 22nd Jan as Cruise Staff, itll be my second contract i was on the Sun for 6 months from June to Nov , and im looking forward to gettin back out there!

look forward to meeting you on the 22nd!

Dave

Hi Claire.. First my best wishes to you on your upcoming marriage!! How nice to see you posting on these boards. Do not know if you remember us, we sailed with you on the Sapphire this past November, and on the Golden for fall foliage in 2003. Neil gave our CC group a wonderful get together in the Wake Bar one evening. I did write to Princess headquarters to tell them how great the Sapphire Cruise staff was and they did send me back a thank you letter for letting them know how much they like to hear from passengers with their input. Hope to sail with you again in the future. All the best, Anita

Archived