Around Cape Horn... 1 cruise or 2?

Wavelet

We would like to take the 30 day cruise around Cape Horn. (I asked this forum for opinions on this a couple days ago. Thanks for all the feedback.)

My new question is this- we can take this as a 30 day cruise or as a 14 day(Buenos Aires-Santiago) and a 16 day (Santiago-LA). The cost difference is about $200pp increase for the 2 segments. Would we be able to get double OBC (shareholder, Military and any Princess promo being given at that time)? Double OBC would more than offset the additional cost. We’ve done b2b cruises before but they started/ended in FLL. This is slightly different. Thank you in advance for your input.

We would like to take the 30 day cruise around Cape Horn. (I asked this forum for opinions on this a couple days ago. Thanks for all the feedback.)

My new question is this- we can take this as a 30 day cruise or as a 14 day(Buenos Aires-Santiago) and a 16 day (Santiago-LA). The cost difference is about $200pp increase for the 2 segments. Would we be able to get double OBC (shareholder, Military and any Princess promo being given at that time)? Double OBC would more than offset the additional cost. We’ve done b2b cruises before but they started/ended in FLL. This is slightly different. Thank you in advance for your input.

I would book as two cruises. In that way you can most likely to take advantage of any promos that may appear.

If you book as a single cruise you get shareholder and military OBC one time, total $500*, plus whatever promo OBC is being offered for the 30 day cruise. You do not receive more on the 2nd leg.

If you book as two cruises you receive the shareholder and military OBC for both bookings, total $1,000*, plus whatever promo OBC is being offered.

Net out the fare minus OBC's.

Also want to add that if you are using FCD's to book, in all cabin cats. you will receive more by booking as two cruises.

*assumes only one person is receiving the military OBC.

Edited by sknight

We booked a 49 day FLL to LA cruise as one. I must have been drinking too much! LOL I don't know what I was thinking. I should have booked it as three separate cruises. On a previous SA cruise from BA to LA I booked as two separate cruises. Sure enough a week before the second cruise we got an excellent upgrade offer to a mini suite. I took it. The staff helped us move to the mini suite in Valparaiso. I doubt very seriously we would have gotten that offer if we had booked the cruise as one cruise in that the first half was sold out. I doubt we will get a like upgrade offer on the 49 day day cruise.

Sounds like you are better with two cruises rather than one. The 16 day cruise should get you about the same as the 30 day. So the 14 day with Shareholder, Military and FCC will be another $700 or so.

Thanks, Paul!