Live from the infinity

ghstudio

We had an excellent day yesterday passing through the Panama Canal...weather was perfect...helipad was open to all who wanted to be there. The only negative was that celebrity brought on a tour guide to guide us through the history and sites along the canal, but the sound system on the ship is so poor or was so badly adjusted that we couldn’t hear her. Instead of playing her commentary in the elite breakfast where we went for a quick bite, they were playing opera music instead of the commentary.

I really am pleased with the improvement I’ve seen in seasoning of meals. We have had some Indian dishes that were actually quite spicy. That’s a change from previous cruises where the only seasoning used in the kitchen seemed to be salt. As far as nits, aqua has always had their three dips for bread....And now that’s been added to the main dining room as well. It’s a nit, but it’s a positive touch.

Yes, there is a Seder tonight for Passover which was only “announced” by a notice on the message board that’s pretty much hidden near guest services. On the other hand, the catholic mass is listed in the daily events sheet. We have run into a number of Jewish folks who had no idea there was a Seder...and were very surprised when we mentioned it in the course of cocktail talk. It just seems strange that celebrity would go to the trouble and expense of having Jewish clergy on board and putting together a traditional Seder, and then not let all of their Jewish guests know about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, there is a Seder tonight for Passover which was only “announced” by a notice on the message board that’s pretty much hidden near guest services. On the other hand, the catholic mass is listed in the daily events sheet. We have run into a number of Jewish folks who had no idea there was a Seder...and were very surprised when we mentioned it in the course of cocktail talk. It just seems strange that celebrity would go to the trouble and expense of having Jewish clergy on board and putting together a traditional Seder, and then not let all of their Jewish guests know about it.

Ah yes, dear old Celebrity being consistently inconsistent. You might want to call that to the attention of GR in the hopes that they will learn something and not make the same mistake again.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for letting us know about the select dining. Glad they added a chef special. I can't wait for the Martini Bar!!! That has been our favorite place before dinner. Have a great cruise.

Hello,

I see you cruised on infinity May 18.

I've only seen poor reviews of the overall condition of the ship. Can you tell me honestly what it's like.

Travelling from Scotland to celebrate DH 65th birthday so it's kinda special. Hope it good? Many thanks.

Thank you very much ghstudio for this Infinity review. We will be boarding in early June! Your comments and suggestions are really appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love to hear from you regarding the Infinity ...we go July.

Enjoy.

We were on Infinity on 2 May cruise. The ship got a small makeover for the last 3 days of our cruise because the Celebrity President was coming on board. They were drilling and painting and rearranging chairs bringing plants on board all for a 6 hour inspection. For 2 days deck 12 was closed off and for 1 port day the solarium was closed - never known this to happen. (This obviously won't affect you but it really annoyed me!) Nothing spoilt our holiday but the furnishings are looking drab and old, our settee in our room needed recovering and springs replaced and 2 couples that I spoke to got locked out on their balconies.

On the plus side, I thought the food everywhere was very good and we had our best waiter and assistant we've ever had.