Notes from a short cruise to Hamburg

Host Hattie

Thanks, for the info. Not a captain I have heard of. I am on board on 8th April so not long to wait.
He's leaving tomorrow, he did tell us who was taking over but I didn't quite catch the name, sorry.

(bolding by me)

I'm glad you are having a good time! Just a quick question if you don't mind, as it will be the first time we'll be disembarking in Hamburg-Steinwerder cruise center after our QM cruise: Does Cunard always offer the complimentary shuttle to "Rathaus"? As it is a Sunday when we will be disembarking, as well as Steinwerder not being the liveliest and most accessible spot in the city, we'll either have to use a public shuttle to the station which we'll have to pre-book or use that Cunard shuttle you mentioned if there's space for a suitcase.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I didn't notice any disembarking passengers using it but we were quite late catching it. I didn't see a copy of the Hamburg landing information so I don't know what arrangements were made, sorry.

I would think it's always available for continuing passengers at Steinwerder as it's so far from anywhere useful.

Day 4 part 2

The time had come to pack, we watched the rest of Murder on the Orient Express, the sound was very poor, I am not sure if it was the television or the film itself.

We went to the Commodore Club for one last time to watch the sunset. Canapes made an appearance.

We were only 4 for our final dinner, the other couple were at The Verandah. Show times tonight were 7 & 8.30, we gave it a miss. The 4Ds were singing in the Queens Room but it was absolutely packed so we had a couple of drinks in the chart room with the other couple from our table. I plucked up the courage to try my star sign cocktail, I had been a bit reluctant because of the Guinness but it was a pleasant surprise.

IMG_20180326_222518.thumb.jpg.e1f1c0b7be13c149339a4c57cb7d64f9.jpg

Edited by Host Hattie

The "4 D's" were very good again in the Queens Room and as Hattie reported the room was packed. In addition the dance floor was full of people either dancing or singing along with the group. I'm sure these guys will be back on board the fleet in the future - they attracted a strong following.

Disembarkation was pretty faultless, no big queues straight off and to the CPS parking bays to recover our vehicle.

One of the calmest cruises we have ever done - thoroughly enjoyed it once again.

Disembarkation Information

[ATTACH]417901[/ATTACH][ATTACH]417902[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your review which was most helpful as I will be sailing QV on 8th April. For some reason your photos never displayed on my Galaxy tab :(:(:(😣

Thank you for your review which was most helpful as I will be sailing QV on 8th April. For some reason your photos never displayed on my Galaxy tab :(:(:([emoji21]

Sorry about the photos, is anyone else having the same problem ?

I was posting and viewing on my Android phone via the CC app

My pleasure, glad you enjoyed them.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Hi Hattie,

Who dines in that sort of private area on the left as you enter the Club dinning room. Is it reserved for special purposes?

Hi Hattie,

Who dines in that sort of private area on the left as you enter the Club dinning room. Is it reserved for special purposes?

Hi,

During the 4 days we were there it was allocated to a family group (I think), a very impressive chocolate cake arrived on the last night.

I should have checked the table number as it seemed a great location.

What were the excursions that Cunard offered in Hamburg?

Thank you.

Here you are,

Medieval Lueneburg was $60, Snapshot of Hamburg $75, Luebeck & Niederegger $60 & Hamburg Highlights & Miniature Wonderland $78.

IMG_20180329_173545.thumb.jpg.fc5f96958f6d52748c3fb01db39ad07d.jpg

Edited by Host Hattie

Thanks for taking the time to post all the images. I can't wait to try Cunard for the first time next year. I am already impressed by the customer service, the best that I have ever experienced.
My pleasure, I'm glad it was useful.