Notes from a short cruise to Hamburg

Host Hattie

Hi,

During the 4 days we were there it was allocated to a family group (I think), a very impressive chocolate cake arrived on the last night.

I should have checked the table number as it seemed a great location.

This was our table (number 200). The chocolate cake was fantastic - what would normally be something sickly sweet if bought from a shop in the UK was delicious.

Miniature Wunderland is a short stroll from the town hall where the coach drops you off. On the way you can go up 76m in a lift in the spire of St Nikolai that also has a memorial exhibition to the bombings - http://www.hamburg-travel.com/attractions/culture-in-hamburg/culture-from-a-to-z/st.-nikolai-memorial/

DJ

This was our table (number 200). The chocolate cake was fantastic - what would normally be something sickly sweet if bought from a shop in the UK was delicious.

Miniature Wunderland is a short stroll from the town hall where the coach drops you off. On the way you can go up 76m in a lift in the spire of St Nikolai that also has a memorial exhibition to the bombings - http://www.hamburg-travel.com/attractions/culture-in-hamburg/culture-from-a-to-z/st.-nikolai-memorial/

DJ

I hope you enjoyed the trip, we were on 202, almost next to you !

Host Hattie, Glad you are enjoying QV, May I ask what the guest compliment is like?

(we have had very mixed "short trip" experiences)

We're home now unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

There were quite a few groups of friends and family groups on board. So a nice mix of ages, some Germans finishing their South American trip and some just onboard for one of the 2 day trips.

We're home now unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

There were quite a few groups of friends and family groups on board. So a nice mix of ages, some Germans finishing their South American trip and some just onboard for one of the 2 day trips.

I only asked as was curious to see what the guest compliment was like, we have experienced stag parties, hen do's, full on booze cruisers on some of our shorter trips so i was interested to see if that was the case for you. I'm not trying to be contentious merely curious.

I didn't see anything which would suggest any of that was going on. We didn't go to the pub or the Yacht Club particularly late in the evening so I suppose it might have been a bit more lively but we certainly didn't experience any noise in the corridors or anything rowdy.

The worse thing I saw were a few Gentlemen of a certain age wearing invisible jackets in the Commodore Club.