Balloons

Simbar

We will be cruising on the Carnival Miracle the week of my daughter's birthday. I was planning on bringing a few decorations for our cabin for the day of her birthday (she will be 11). I thought about bringing a few balloons to blow up/tape to the wall or ceiling, but I was wondering if there was anywhere available on the ship to have them filled with heilium?

If not, c'est la vie, some crepe paper streamers and balloons on the floor will still be a surprise for her.:D

We will be cruising on the Carnival Miracle the week of my daughter's birthday. I was planning on bringing a few decorations for our cabin for the day of her birthday (she will be 11). I thought about bringing a few balloons to blow up/tape to the wall or ceiling, but I was wondering if there was anywhere available on the ship to have them filled with heilium?

If not, c'est la vie, some crepe paper streamers and balloons on the floor will still be a surprise for her.:D

Just a thought use the fun shop, let them surprise her by decorating ur cabin in birthday regalia. You can also include cookies and or cake if u would like. U can pre-order before ur sailing and let them know exactly when u need the room decorated. It's easier than lugging on the extra items anyway. Good luck, safe travels and happy cruisin"

I ordered the birthday room decorations through the Fun shops for my son’s birthday. It was an amazing surprise! They hang a lot of decorations and the door display was the best part! He received so many birthday wishes.

I included the chocolate chip cookies. They are the same cookies sold in the coffee shop, they are large and soft - huge hit with the kids.

I also recommend ordering a birthday cake prior to sailing. I had the cake delivered to our table the evening of his birthday. The cake was delicious. They do run out of cakes! A friend of mine asked for one on the last sea day and they were sold out.

I had brought a special #8 candle with me and they had no problem using it in the main dining room.

I don't believe the ships have tanks of helium for filling balloons. I looked through the list of prohibited items on Carnival's F.A.Q. section, but did not see any specific mention of helium filled balloons being prohibited. It might be good idea to call Carnival first if you plan on bringing your own. Keep in mind that you're not allowed to tape anything to the doors, walls or ceiling of your cabin, since tape can damage the surfaces and possibly leave a sticky residue. Your best bet would be to get some magnetic hooks to put on the walls and tie string from one hook to another. Then you could hang your balloons and decorations from the string.

I don't know if things have changed, but on a cruise about 12 years ago my friend bought her mother some balloons from the Fun Shop onboard, and they came inflated with helium... I just checked and I don't see any decorations with balloons on the site now, hence my comment that things may have changed.

Another suggestion- perhaps once onboard, find the staff member who does the animal balloons- there's always one walking around the dining room at most dinners- and ask if they'd make something special for your little one. For a few bucks I'm sure they'd be willing... you could then get them to give them to your room steward.

I ordered the birthday room decorations through the Fun shops for my son’s birthday. It was an amazing surprise! They hang a lot of decorations and the door display was the best part! He received so many birthday wishes.

I included the chocolate chip cookies. They are the same cookies sold in the coffee shop, they are large and soft - huge hit with the kids.

I also recommend ordering a birthday cake prior to sailing. I had the cake delivered to our table the evening of his birthday. The cake was delicious. They do run out of cakes! A friend of mine asked for one on the last sea day and they were sold out.

I had brought a special #8 candle with me and they had no problem using it in the main dining room.

I called the fun shops today and they said they didn't do anything on the outside/door area for the Anniversary decorating package. [emoji20] what a bummer.