Tracy Arm round-trip excursion available on Eurodam?

crunchii

I have a question for anyone going on 7-day Alaska Cruise on Eurodam from Seattle this year. Does your cruise have the Tracy Arm excursion in Juneau? I know the one that leaves from the ship isn't offered on Eurodam, but is the 7-hour round-trip one from Juneau available?

I'll be doing this cruise next year, and they already have the excursions available to book, but I don't see the Tracy Arm excursion, and I'm wondering if it's just not out yet or not going to be offered. There are many other missing tours too, mainly flightseeing and helicopter type tours, so I'm hoping it'll eventually show up, but if it's not going to be offered, I want to go ahead and book another tour.

Thank you in advance for your information!

I have a question for anyone going on 7-day Alaska Cruise on Eurodam from Seattle this year. Does your cruise have the Tracy Arm excursion in Juneau? I know the one that leaves from the ship isn't offered on Eurodam, but is the 7-hour round-trip one from Juneau available?

I'll be doing this cruise next year, and they already have the excursions available to book, but I don't see the Tracy Arm excursion, and I'm wondering if it's just not out yet or not going to be offered. There are many other missing tours too, mainly flightseeing and helicopter type tours, so I'm hoping it'll eventually show up, but if it's not going to be offered, I want to go ahead and book another tour.

Thank you in advance for your information!

In my opinion, a 7 hour, round trip Juneau tour of Tracy Arm is not enough time. I would never consider this.

Looks like a great tour! But unfortunately, our ship won't get to Juneau until 1 pm, so that won't be an option for us :(

Those 1 pm arrivals are frustrating. My first cruise had a 2-10 pm in Juneau. I made sure not to do that again.

We'll be in Juneau for 9 hours, so there is enough time...? Are you saying that it takes so long to get there from Juneau and back that we'll spend less time in the actual fjord?

Bingo- time is everything. It won't just be less time in the fjord, it will be little if any time for wildlife and a fast boat zipping point to point. Big difference. Again, I won't consider this option for my preferences.

Bingo- time is everything. It won't just be less time in the fjord, it will be little if any time for wildlife and a fast boat zipping point to point. Big difference. Again, I won't consider this option for my preferences.

OK... so you're saying that do this tour if it's more than 7 hours. If not, don't bother?

We'll probably still do this tour anyway, but thank you for warning me that it'll be rushed. :)

I still don't know whether this tour is going to be offered on our cruise or not though... Does anyone have the answer to my original question?

There's no way to know what will be offered next year. For all we know, the excursion we're taking from Nieuw Amsterdam, where Allen Marine meets the ship as it is passing the Tracy Arm Inlet, may be offered on Eurodam next year.

OK... so you're saying that do this tour if it's more than 7 hours. If not, don't bother?

?

Not exactly. :) The main problem is your port time. It is NOT the right schedule. The better opportunity with partial port times is to have Tracy Arm on the itinerary AND the add on ship excursion, not a round trip Juneau option. Round trip Juneau- is grossly superior with a full port day- at the least 8-7p

Allen Marine is who HAL uses for Tracy Arm excursions. Their web site states that if you are NOT traveling by cruise ship, then you can book direct with them.

I am surprised you are even seeing excursions for next year. I didn't see our one way Tracy Arm excursion offered until middle of October for an August sail date.

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam in June of 2019 and I just booked the Allen Marine Tracy Arm excursion that leaves from the ship. I know this is early but the TA excursion is one of the main reasons we booked this ship.

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam in June of 2019 and I just booked the Allen Marine Tracy Arm excursion that leaves from the ship. I know this is early but the TA excursion is one of the main reasons we booked this ship.

That is great news. I had only read that my sailing did the excursion and booked my cruise based on that also. Seemed like I was checking HAL everyday waiting for it to post.

I remember that it was posted about a week after all the other excursions were posted - I was initially quiet concerned and then relieved. Regardless, we booked the Tracy Arm excursion for our upcoming cruise on 10/17/2017. Those cruising to Alaska for whom the excursion (and really: any excursions) can be booked now are quite fortunate.