COMPLETELY PO'd at RCCL!

I dunno....pretty clear difference to me between getting around the rules to break the rules (e.g. sharing a drink package) and taking advantage of the rules by following the rules (e.g. splitting up adults to get two bottles of wine per person).

With all due respect, you are being a bit of a jerk with this comment. As I remember, when the wine policy started, it was "one bottle per adult per stateroom, up to two bottles." So if you had one adult in each stateroom you got one bottle per stateroom. They have since changed it. The old Drink Package one person in the stateroom could purchase it. A GREAT deal for many. However too many people shared packages against the rules and then came on CC and bragged proudly about it. Giving factual information is fine. Bragging about how to get around the rules will cause a change of the rules. Your response, in my opinion, is "jerky" because unlimited food is always available in the MDR. So no rules being broken.

I tend to get jerky with thick headed people. Following the rules is not breaking or getting around the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I dunno....pretty clear difference to me between getting around the rules to break the rules (e.g. sharing a drink package) and taking advantage of the rules by following the rules (e.g. splitting up adults to get two bottles of wine per person).

I personally could care less about the wine and how many he brought on board. I find it hilarious that he was taking advantage of the rules...which I agree is different than breaking them...and he ended up getting burned...sort of, because really nothing changed other than he had to wait for is refund to be processed. So making that big of a deal and screaming over deserving an OBC is laughable to me.

With that said, yes there is a difference between breaking the rules...drink card sharing...and taking advantage of their policies...this wine situation. But, just because people are using this wine policy to their advantage by splitting rooms with adults and kids does not mean that it can't/won't lead to a policy change in the future (thus affecting those who are not taking advantage of it) if RCCI feels that it is effecting their bottom line significantly. And one only has to look to the refundable/non-refundable booking changes that came down last year. Many people were booking up multiple rooms (particularly suites) on multiple different sailings with the intention of just canceling the bookings on the sailings they didn't want in the future and keeping the one they actually were going to take. These people were not breaking the rules, merely taking advantage of RCCI's booking policies. However, RCCI felt it was effecting their business model enough that they changed the rules...drawing the ire of many on these boards who were not taking advantage of the system. So any and all things are in play with policy changes that RCCI feels effects their bottom line...regardless if its a breaking or taking advantage of current policies.

You just said it yourself, the rule is 2 bottles of wine per cabin, (provided at least one Pax is over 21).

So OP is following the rule, not breaking the rule.

And RCCL does not need me to tell them that Mrs Jones booked to an inside on deck 6 forward will be sleeping with Mr Jones in his balcony cabin on deck 7 aft. I think they’re on to that.

The point is, he is complaining about not getting his way, when he changed bookings to do this.

Not that he can legally do it.