Celebrity Smartphone App

Z'Loth

Just for fun, I decided to pull up the Celebrity smartphone application.

Short version: It has potential.

Long version: If I'm reading this application correctly, it will work with the following ships:

• Celebrity Constellation
  • Celebrity Equinox
  • Celebrity Reflection

Supposedly, it will work with the ship's WiFi even if you are not subscribed to the ship's WiFi package. I don't know, I'm just playing around with it at home. I would find it a supplement to the daily ship newsletter, but not replace it.

• Menus are included for some restaurants
  • Ship decks... if you could figure out where to click
  • Ship time is displayed at the top..... in teeny tiny print.

Dislikes:

• Needs more user experience (UX) testing. It's only 1.6.
  • Wish there was more customization. Maybe I don't want to know what is being served in the specialty restaurants
  • I had no idea that I could touch on the ship to bring up deck plans.
  • It would be nice if I could click on a icon on the ship deck view to bring up details
  • Pictures of the food being served, or some more details.
  • Very hard to figure out how to switch ships. You have to bring up the list of days of that cruise, then, without selecting a day, click on "Change Ship/Dates" at the bottom.
  • Can't turn off pictures of the activities.

Other

• It would be nice if you could see the current ship speed and position on the app.
  • Search for where your cabin is located.

Used the app on our recent cruise on the Connie and it worked great. We used primarily it to check the lunch & dinner menus and occasionally when out of the cabin to check the start time of a event.

It worked when not logged into wi-fi.

Asked the IT manager onboard Eclipse about this app rolling out to more ships. Requires MAJOR upgrades onboard. Ships will be added as they come out of dry dock. Will be several years before the entire fleet is covered.

I downloaded the Royal app at home didn't see any messaging icon in the app? Just maybe the royal app would work on its sister Celebrity ships for messaging??? the apps look very similar...would be nice!

I downloaded the Royal app at home didn't see any messaging icon in the app? Just maybe the royal app would work on its sister Celebrity ships for messaging??? the apps look very similar...would be nice!

OK its a totally different app called Royal IQ...Darn!

• 2 weeks later...
Asked the IT manager onboard Eclipse about this app rolling out to more ships. Requires MAJOR upgrades onboard. Ships will be added as they come out of dry dock. Will be several years before the entire fleet is covered.
I will be sailing on the Summit in November 2019, after the edgeification. Hopefully it will have messaging and work on the Summit by that point in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I've been poking around it too for a few weeks and agree that it has potential. The menus are the most positive thing about it. Like to plan specialty restaurants on nights when I'm not thrilled with the day's menu.

Problems I've had are that it shows the current sailing and 1 or 2 of the next sailings. But sometimes it doesn't show them all until I close it down and go back in. Then they magically all appear. Also, even after closing the app, it mysteriously keeps opening when I unlock my screen until I reboot my phone. Very annoying. And I have Samsung S8 with the new Android Oreo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

If sailing on Royal, you can and should download the Royal IQ app before you get to the dock, so you have it on your phone. But it will not work until you are on board the ship (sometimes it works in the waiting area).

In terms of its messaging capabilities, you need to pay per device (I think about $8 now) for the communications package. However, we were recently on Anthem of the Seas, and were able to use iMessaging thru the app without charge. From what I've read on the Royal board, the Royal IQ app allows (perhaps not intentionally) wi-fi based text messaging to "slip through." No one knows how long this will last!

We find that good old fashioned Post-it Notes work very well. :D

Just for fun' date=' I decided to pull up the Celebrity smartphone application.

Other

[list']

[*]It would be nice if you could see the current ship speed and position on the app.

[*]

While in the Calendar Page, you can touch the Ship icon and it will show you the ships graphic position.

I can’t get the app to even appear in the U.K., I hope they extend it soon

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yea, I've tried to get it but no luck so far! On Connie in 11 days would of been interesting.Dianne

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you trying to get the Celebrity App from the AppStore (and getting inundated with Kardasian apps when you type in 'Celebrity' in the search field) the easiest way is to Google "Celebrity Cruise App," and you should get taken to the right spot.

Am on Connie atm. Have used the app on a daily basis to look at menus, check out where the entertainment is happening. All in all a useful addition. My joy gripe is keeping track of what day we are on so think a useful addition would be a date alongside the day.

Am on Connie atm. Have used the app on a daily basis to look at menus, check out where the entertainment is happening. All in all a useful addition. My joy gripe is keeping track of what day we are on so think a useful addition would be a date alongside the day.

Argh. Such a Royal Caribbean thing to use day one, day two, etc. Guests don't think in those terms (especially on a long cruise). At least I don't. So much better to use dates; even just the day of the week would be an improvement.

On the NCL app , you had to pay for messaging and could link up to other friend and family who also paid for the messaging. It was great. Is it free on this app? I did downloaded it and have been playing with it for the last month. I notice it has a"More to Come" statement and I assume once you board, it updates everything to coincide with the cruise you are on. I am hoping that is the case. ( Shows, schedule of events, alert you when an event you want to do is coming up, weather, menus of day etc) Maybe it's wishful thinking.