Cancelled Excursion

whitsmom

It says explore Totem Bight State Historical Park (11-acre) with 14 totem poles and onsite Clan house). So I assume that we will be walking this part.

I would try to get this clarified if you can. I wouldn't recommend the tour based on my tour but if you do get off at Totem Bight and can spend time there, it would probably be worth it.

It was a sail by when we went.

I would try to get this clarified if you can. I wouldn't recommend the tour based on my tour but if you do get off at Totem Bight and can spend time there, it would probably be worth it.

It was a sail by when we went.

I will look into this more. Thanks for the heads up!

It says explore Totem Bight State Historical Park (11-acre) with 14 totem poles and onsite Clan house). So I assume that we will be walking this part.

Can you post the tour link. Problem with this, I'll speculate is cost. Likely way up there for what you get. The boat ride isn't that great in my opinion. And it's less than $10pp to tour Totem Bight- with the benefit of being on your own time. I also find just driving and remaining land side at Settler's Cove. Again the huge benefit of maximizing your time and interests.

We (4 couples) just decided to book the Lighthouse, Totems, and Eagles tour (Tongass National Forest, Totem Bight State Historical Park and Guard Island Lighthouse).

We are going the 3rd week of July, which is supposed to be the salmon season which means lots of bears. Who knows, we may see bears anyway!

You can get to Totem Bight by local bus for only a few dollars and spend as much time as you wish there instead of spending a lot more bucks for a tour. As far as eagles, just look around. They are almost everywhere in AK.

DON

You can get to Totem Bight by local bus for only a few dollars and spend as much time as you wish there instead of spending a lot more bucks for a tour. As far as eagles, just look around. They are almost everywhere in AK.

DON

This is true. I always see a ton in Juneau. You just have to look up.