Caribe C731

Maisiemaisie

I moved from C210 which is a forward balcony on the caribe deck on the Ruby Princess to C731 aft, hoping I made the right decision. Has anyone stayed in that cabin? How was the noise and the balcony? Any pictures to share. I did search and found nothing. Sailing in November 2018.

TIA

We have not been in those particular cabins, but spent more then our share of time in Caribe Deck cabins both fore and aft. It is a matter of personal preference and somewhat of a trade off. The aft cabin puts you a lot closer to the food venues which suits folks that do not want to walk. But aft cabins increase the chances of vibration due to the props and cavitation (this varies depending on the speed of the ship). Personally we would be very happy with either location :). As to the cabins near the bow, besides being very far from the Lido....some folks do not like forward cabins because of the risk of ship movement in rough waters. If the ship were to get into some long swells and started to pitch, you would certainly feel this more up front. On the other hand, we like forward cabins because they are far from most of the heavy machinery, engines, props, and tend to be quiet (except when they are using the bow thrusters entering or leaving ports.

Hank

We have not been in those particular cabins, but spent more then our share of time in Caribe Deck cabins both fore and aft. It is a matter of personal preference and somewhat of a trade off. The aft cabin puts you a lot closer to the food venues which suits folks that do not want to walk. But aft cabins increase the chances of vibration due to the props and cavitation (this varies depending on the speed of the ship). Personally we would be very happy with either location :). As to the cabins near the bow, besides being very far from the Lido....some folks do not like forward cabins because of the risk of ship movement in rough waters. If the ship were to get into some long swells and started to pitch, you would certainly feel this more up front. On the other hand, we like forward cabins because they are far from most of the heavy machinery, engines, props, and tend to be quiet (except when they are using the bow thrusters entering or leaving ports.

Hank

Thanks for the info, I moved just to avoid the potential for motion sickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been in those Caribe deck aft cabins on the sister ships Emerald & Crown. Never felt any motion. Did feel the thrusters when operating. Plenty of photos of Caribe deck balcony cabins on line. Note the extended balcony half covered. Also photos may show 4 chairs, but for some time now the balconies have only had two chairs and two foot rests.

We’ve been in C731 on the Emerald and the Star. It is a great location with easy access to the Terrace Pool. It’s between cabin decks so very little noise. We, also, did not notice any engine or propulsion noise to speak of. Also, the balcony is a plus.

We’ve been in C731 on the Emerald and the Star. It is a great location with easy access to the Terrace Pool. It’s between cabin decks so very little noise. We, also, did not notice any engine or propulsion noise to speak of. Also, the balcony is a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

Location near the terrace pool was another selling feature. I’m glad I switched.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been in that cabin on the Ruby as well as the one next door.

We always take cabins in that location. Nice and quiet with few people walking by.Easy to run up to the buffet for a snack. We always do fixed dining and it is aconvenience being not far from the aft elevators going down to the dining venue.

As far as vibrations.I really don't notice any. maybe if we were on a lower deck but not on Caribe.

I have been in that cabin on the Ruby as well as the one next door.

We always take cabins in that location. Nice and quiet with few people walking by.Easy to run up to the buffet for a snack. We always do fixed dining and it is aconvenience being not far from the aft elevators going down to the dining venue.

As far as vibrations.I really don't notice any. maybe if we were on a lower deck but not on Caribe.

Thank you for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/

Location near the terrace pool was another selling feature. I’m glad I switched.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You did the right thing! I’ve done forward and aft cabins and much prefer aft for the reasons already stated and also for the ability to pop up and view the wakeview any time I wanted. :):):)