Is the Lemonade being phased out?

4_THE_HALIBUT

I would speculate that they just ran out. Cranberry juice is not a cost effective replacement to inexpensive powdered lemonade.
The lemonade comes in refrigerated cartons (like half gallon milk cartons) of concentrated liquid, if you've ever seen them refilling the machines.

I imagine the cranberry "juice" was actually cranberry "cocktail" (sugar, water, flavoring, and little to no actual juice, like all the others "juices" in the Lido deck dispensers at breakfast--so not hugely more expensive than lemonade, but still not in the direction of cost cutting that Carnival is going with everything else.

In all likelihood, the vendor either ran out of or didn't send provisions that the ship ordered for turnaround day, and this was a temporary substitution. It happens sometimes, like no bloody mary mix on the first leg of my last Elation B2B[emoji24]

In any event, if you believe the fruit punch was taken away for carpet staining issues (vs. those who say because it was a free mixer for smuggled alcohol), it wouldn't be logical for Carnival to now go to cranberry juice.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

So FTTF people will now have to pay extra for lemonade? Wow what will be next

That's not a bad idea! Maybe start making new lines for drink station: Diamonds & Platinums line- free. FTTF line -swipes your card, 50 cents/ glass. All others - $1/glass.

Then we could extend that to the buffet lines. D & P- Free, FTTF- $2 /plate, All others- $5/plate.

We could keep this going for all sorts of things. Extra towels around the pool, Blue Iguana Cafe, Guy's Burgers, etc.

Maybe if we save enough money, they can give D & P a free Steakhouse perk.

That's not a bad idea! Maybe start making new lines for drink station: Diamonds & Platinums line- free. FTTF line -swipes your card, 50 cents/ glass. All others - $1/glass.

Then we could extend that to the buffet lines. D & P- Free, FTTF- $2 /plate, All others- $5/plate.

We could keep this going for all sorts of things. Extra towels around the pool, Blue Iguana Cafe, Guy's Burgers, etc.

Someone should make that suggestion to JH and tell him all the D and P's on Carnival think it is an outstanding idea and if we do not we will never sail on Carnival again.;). that would make his day

pretty soon it’ll be “bring your own food” ;)

Yep, they will continue to drop fares to lure more people in, and charge for more and more that was formerly free.

I can just see myself packing a week's worth of ramen noodles in my bags, ready to board my week-long holiday which set me back $49.99 per person. With every sip of noodle broth, I would savor the savings ;p.

Yep, they will continue to drop fares to lure more people in, and charge for more and more that was formerly free.

I can just see myself packing a week's worth of ramen noodles in my bags, ready to board my week-long holiday which set me back $49.99 per person. With every sip of noodle broth, I would savor the savings ;p.

And to think that JH used to make fun of RCCL for charging for stuff that used to be included. He cannot do that anymore.

However he can still tell us about the brilliant new things that are giving to us that cost extra.

And to think that JH used to make fun of RCCL for charging for stuff that used to be included. He cannot do that anymore.

However he can still tell us about the brilliant new things that are giving to us that cost extra.

He can still make fun of the RCCL Flow Rider, which is to a Cruise what a mechanical bull is to a nightclub.

I would speculate that they just ran out. Cranberry juice is not a cost effective replacement to inexpensive powdered lemonade.

Actually it’s a very thick syrup. Discovered that on the Splendor last week. No water to the drink station up by the BBQ one afternoon.

Steady now. Diamonds already get a one time lifetime free specialty restaurant.

JH giving Royal a hard time about nickle-and-dimming, say it ain't so.

John Heald just had a question about whether people enjoy the complimentary lemonade. Trending to 74% positive. I actually like water and sometimes bring little mixers for my water bottle.

Prevailing among comments are those that seem to take exception to his use of the adjective “complimentary” instead of “included.”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums