Just back from Seaside - 3/17 sailing in YC

Fredric22

Was there a cabana reserved for you (no charge) like there would be on Meraviglia?

Any idea as to why there is no chaise lounger in the bedroom (as shown in the rendering/drawing)?

No idea why there is no chaise lounger. However, with all of the seating in the suite, I highly doubt we would have actually used it. I will say, that area did look a bit empty so perhaps something else can fill the space. I couldn't find a place to store the luggage that was out of the way, so we just stacked it up and put it in the corner of the bedroom.

Luggage wouldn't fit under the bed? It did in our room (not a Royal Suite).

No idea why there is no chaise lounger. However, with all of the seating in the suite, I highly doubt we would have actually used it. I will say, that area did look a bit empty so perhaps something else can fill the space. I couldn't find a place to store the luggage that was out of the way, so we just stacked it up and put it in the corner of the bedroom.

I am so happy to hear that it is continuing and not just a one off!!! -

That's one of the reasons why I asked. I wanted to know if it was done just for you or if it is now standard operating procedure.

Now, if I can manage to get that table/chairs setup on the balcony when I get there...:cool:

Nope it would not! I think the bed in the Royal Suite is different. It was definitely comfortable though!

actually in our Royal Suite, we were able to lift up the bed and place all the luggage underneath - no issue...

Now, if I can manage to get that table/chairs setup on the balcony when I get there...:cool:

I leave that for you to accomplish - have the same royal suite booked 16024 for 2 weeks in December as well - good luck with that.....LOL!!!!!

i saw some pictures where they placed a tacky card table on the balcony with folding chairs - i personally would rather not have if it was going to be this - the original pictures showed this beautiful dinette with 6 chairs - maybe they are on back order,,,,sorry another LOL!!!!!

We were in RS 16037 Jan. 6, 2018 and even the butler didn't know about the bed being raised to store luggage underneath. Actually, it is the mattress that can be lifted up and not the frame attached to floor. Also, the tops of the storage units near the couch and chairs in LR can be lifted for more storage. That is where we put our small carry on pieces.

We didn't ask for a table for the balcony due to the weather for most of the cruise. And yes, a folding table with folding chairs were provided for a friend in the other RS. With the topsail and one pool area, we never felt the need for the table.

i saw some pictures where they placed a tacky card table on the balcony with folding chairs - i personally would rather not have if it was going to be this - the original pictures showed this beautiful dinette with 6 chairs - maybe they are on back order,,,,sorry another LOL!!!!!

The folding chairs/card table thing won't do...nope.

Here's what I've been telling myself......

The manufacturer of the chaise lounger made it in the wrong color (the attractive color in the CGI video) and now has to make them all over again. Once the loungers are taken care of, the work can begin on the table/chairs for the balcony. Everyone has been so focused on "the smell" so little things like furniture have fallen behind. That makes sense, right?:halo:

What I really don't understand is there is some very nice furniture being stored (not used) in a cabana on the pool deck. I saw nice chairs, tables, etc. in there all stacked up. Why not just put some of that furniture on the RS balconies!? It isn't like the Yacht Club pool area has a lack of chairs. This really makes 0 sense to me.