Med B2B September or October?

Steve H

Have booked the Reflection Italy and Greek islands Sept 30th 2019. I am thinking of making it a back to back either Sept 18th for another 12 days in the Western med or going Oct 12 in the West. Med. We are wondering about the weather in Oct opposed to doing both in Sept. any thoughts? Have a cabin on hold for two days on Oct. trip.

Have booked the Reflection Italy and Greek islands Sept 30th 2019. I am thinking of making it a back to back either Sept 18th for another 12 days in the Western med or going Oct 12 in the West. Med. We are wondering about the weather in Oct opposed to doing both in Sept. any thoughts? Have a cabin on hold for two days on Oct. trip.

We did a med cruise at end October last year - was still quite warm. But the best part was the places we visited were not crowded. Places like Eze and Lucca were very pleasant to visit, trains were not packed etc. That is why we would consider an Oct cruise in the future.

Additionally, the weather is unpredictable. The week in October could in fact be nicer, although the days will be a bit shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The booked cruise is likely to have warmer weather than a western Med Cruise. If it was me I would choose the cruise before the one you have booked. That’s still quite late in the season so places won’t be as packed as in high season but the weather should be more predictable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When it comes to weather you never know but I too would book the first cruise to make it a back to back.

September is one of two of my favorite months to visit the Med.

It is less crowded then the summer months and not hot or humid.

Keith

I have started a cruise in late October or early November from Rome and the weather has been quite warm. I really don’t think the weather will be that big of a deal in October. As other posters have commented, the later you cruise to those ports, the less crowded they will be. High season hotel rates typically end on October 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think you made a good choice. It used to be significantly less crowded in September than in the summer months, but now not so much.

September in the Med can also still be very hot. A few years ago I boarded a cruise in Athens near the end of September and it was 100 degrees at the Acropolis that day. :eek: