Escape - Brat Pack going away?!

mkmaj

Mine is still showing and I don’t see an email 6/24 Cruise. What/who is the sender of the email or subject so I can search?

Norwegian Cruise Line <donotreply@ncl.com>

My email arrived on 3/27. If you didn't get one, maybe the time you booked is fine and isn't changing.

Edited by LrgPizza

Received an email from my Travel Agent on this, and she contacted her BDM, and she forwarded the response to me.....

I trust this email finds you well.

That is correct, After Midnight and For The Record have been cancelled for April22, 2018-July1/8

I reached out to our Sales Service Team in regards to the program during that time window.

I will let you know as soon as I hear back

Received an email from my Travel Agent on this, and she contacted her BDM, and she forwarded the response to me.....

That is correct, After Midnight and For The Record have been cancelled for April22, 2018-July1/8

I reached out to our Sales Service Team in regards to the program during that time window.

I still call BS. This happens every single time a ship changes locations. Sure, the show times have been canceled, but simply to reschedule them to different times as the schedule for this new itinerary is put together. So yeah, they have been canceled, but it doesn't mean what people think it means. This is not anything new.

I still call BS. This happens every single time a ship changes locations. Sure, the show times have been canceled, but simply to reschedule them to different times as the schedule for this new itinerary is put together. So yeah, they have been canceled, but it doesn't mean what people think it means. This is not anything new.

to lessen the confusion, i think NCL should reword their emails and communications. It would of been much much nicer if the email they sent out last week said the shows were being reschedule instead of just canceled.

to lessen the confusion, i think NCL should reword their emails and communications. It would of been much much nicer if the email they sent out last week said the shows were being reschedule instead of just canceled.

They did. Here is what mine said:

"Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and Norwegian Escape for your upcoming cruise vacation.

Our records indicate that you have made reservations for FOR THE RECORD on XXXXXXXXXXX at 10:00 pm.

We have made scheduling changes and would like to inform you that this show time is no longer available.

Please go to www.ncl.com to book an alternative show time. Or you may visit the Box Office once on board.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."

......and I received this today, guess I'll hold of on any reservations till we board:rolleyes:. I didn't include the screen shot as it has personal info

For the Record and After Midnight has only been cancelled on selected days during the mentioned cruise. It is still available during the cruise though.

The Choir of Man has been added to the sailing as an entertainment show. Below is the show description for The Choir of Man and also a screenshot of the reservation, showing the entertainment availability on the June 3, 2018 sailing on the Escape.

picture?folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=836793&uid=image002.png%4001D3CD93.A4206770

• 2 weeks later...

We chatted with the production manger on the Eacape this morning

Choir of Man is the new resident show in the Supper Club. It will be a paid dinner show like the Cirque and the original For The Record on other ships. It will have a 9 person cast. They have signed a 3-year contract to appear on the Norwegian Escape. This replaces the rotating guest performers. The show is currently being installed (pub under construction - below).

For the Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight continue as the shows in the main theater.

bb706630215c94f68a32a8aa2a2bb8ac.jpg

Choir of Man is the new resident show in the Supper Club. It will be a paid dinner show like the Cirque and the original For The Record on other ships. It will have a 9 person cast. They have signed a 3-year contract to appear on the Norwegian Escape. This replaces the rotating guest performers. The show is currently being installed (pub under construction - below).

For the Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight continue as the shows in the main theater.

Thanks for getting more info on this!

Awesome- thank you for the information! !

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

what do they have in the supper club now it is still closed with no shows due to the construction

Hope they continue with the free dinner show[emoji41]

That’s the point. The ship is returning to the way it use to be with Paid shows vs the [not so great] guest performers and complimentary dinners.

The production manager explicated said that they were discontinuing the guest performers in the Supper Club.

For those that don’t remember, the Supper club never use to have free dinner shows until they kicked Million Dollar Quartet off the ship and For the Record was moved from a paid show to a free show in the main theater. It has taken 3 years to replace the paid show.

Edited by BirdTravels

what do they have in the supper club now it is still closed with no shows due to the construction

They have [the last] complimentary dinner show with The Fly Boys. And other shows. The picture above was Day time with construction workers building the set and off to the side, lighting techs installing and programming lighting. A complete list of shows this week is shown below.

5d4ad79140f366a393b2601fcabb5143.jpg

And other activities. For example, tomorrow night there are no shows in the Supper Club, but there are two sessions of Escape the Big Top (escape room)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun Fact: I spoke with the cruise director tonight. He said that they were going to put on performances of After Midnight and For the Record during the empty repositioning from Miami to New York so that the crew can see the shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between the dining package and the Haven restaurant, I can’t see us paying for a family unappetizing-looking meal here considering the other (much better looking) options. It stinks since the clips of them online actually looked pretty fun.

Between the dining package and the Haven restaurant, I can’t see us paying for a family unappetizing-looking meal here considering the other (much better looking) options. It stinks since the clips of them online actually looked pretty fun.

thats how i felt when i saw the Cirque show on the Breakaway. The show was good but the dinner part was meh and not good. I wish NCL had a show only without the dinner part

We're sailing in June and Choir of Men now shows up in MyNCL in the entertainment section. There's a bunch of shows throughout the week in the Supper Club, and I was able to book one. There isn't a charge for it though - it's showing up as $0. Sounds like a fun show!

We're sailing in June and Choir of Men now shows up in MyNCL in the entertainment section. There's a bunch of shows throughout the week in the Supper Club, and I was able to book one. There isn't a charge for it though - it's showing up as $0. Sounds like a fun show!

it shows up as $0 for me too but it in the bottom it says something about

Price includes an 20% gratuity and specialty service charge.
. i think the 0 dollar is an error and when you are on board, they will charge you whatever the price is depending on if you have the dinning package Edited by shof515

We just booked Choir of Man in the Supper Club for our May cruise. It was offered 5 nights at 6PM and 8:30PM, which to me would indicate a dinner is involved, but there was no charge.

I think we will enjoy this. My only issue is that I HATE that song called Some Nights, and every time I google them, that is what comes up most. If it's their big thing, I will scratch my ears out.