Small ship Greek Islands?

davemac44

We took a 7 day cruise with Katarina Line a couple of years ago and it was superb! It was 7 days, 16 cabins (32ppl + crew) from Split to Dubrovnik. The Company has 20+ small ships and caters to all levels of travellers.

We have done several big ship cruises and will never go back to them! Yes, they are cheaper, but you feel like cattle!

What we seek is something similar to the Katarina small ships...30-100 pass max.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Dave.

You might want to take a look at Variety Cruises. A few years ago we took a trip on Zeus Cruises (later merged into Variety) which was on a 20 passenger yacht (very reasonably priced) and it was a wonderful week.

Hank

Just to clarify that the MY Harmony is one of the vessels owned and operated by Variety Cruises (the company we mentioned in an earlier post. The link you posted is for a specific Cruise/Travel Agency...which is actually not permitted by the CC rules (we won't tell).

Many years ago when we were doing these kind of Greek Island cruises there were a few decent small companies (some with only 1 or 2 boats). But over the years many have disappeared and Variety kept buying up vessels from some other companies such as Zeus Cruises (no longer in business).

Hank

How about Star Clippers? Their smaller ships are about 140 passengers, they call on small islands, their service is certainly up to snuff, their cabins and facilities on board are superb, and their food is better than most of the large ship cruise lines I have been on.

Just to clarify that the MY Harmony is one of the vessels owned and operated by Variety Cruises (the company we mentioned in an earlier post. The link you posted is for a specific Cruise/Travel Agency...which is actually not permitted by the CC rules (we won't tell).

Many years ago when we were doing these kind of Greek Island cruises there were a few decent small companies (some with only 1 or 2 boats). But over the years many have disappeared and Variety kept buying up vessels from some other companies such as Zeus Cruises (no longer in business).

Hank

Oops...sorry, Hank, did not realize it was a travel agency. Don't know how I missed that.

Other options might be lines like Windstar, not quite so small, but still very small with only 149 to 310 guests. Star Clipper with only 227 guests, Crystal Yachts with only 62 guests.

Oops...sorry, Hank, did not realize it was a travel agency. Don't know how I missed that.

Other options might be lines like Windstar, not quite so small, but still very small with only 149 to 310 guests. Star Clipper with only 227 guests, Crystal Yachts with only 62 guests.

Agree. We have a friend that has really enjoyed Windstar. Crystal Yachts would be out of my personal price range :). But those are all larger than the kind of boats we enjoyed. Think of dropping anchor off of Zykynthos shortly after breakfast, and most of the passengers simply dive or jump off the bow to swim into Shipwreck Beach (only accessible by boat). Or perhaps docking (or swimming into Anti Paxos for lunch. These kind of days require a really small boat (perhaps no more than 40 passengers...with 20 being even better). Somehow I think that Crystal Yachts would tender you into these places on a gold plated tender....as you sip Champagne (if they don't do this,...perhaps they should consider the idea).

Hank