Am desperate!! Need some help! Quick!

luvs2beachit

Need some of the pro's to direct me

We had 5 rooms booked for the Holiday Inn in Hollywood but they notified us that the hotel had sustained significant damage during the hurricane and that they were canceling our reservations because they realized they would not have the renovations completed by our check in date. I am now trying to find 5 rooms for jan 13 checkout jan 14 in a decent hotel. The local ones that Trent and Bequa have recommended are all sold out. We are willing to travel to other locations within a reasonable distance but am not sure what they are ie. Plantation etc.

Initially wanted it on or near the beach now just want clean and safe!

Thanks for any info you guys can supply

Hi,:) I had made a suggestion but it seemed to disappear:eek:

Will try again! I am not sure where you want to stay exactly...north,

south of the port?

But I do know there is a Holiday Inn on University Drive. It is

Southwest of the port.

It is near Joe Robbie Stadium(actually ProPlayer now) and near

Calder Racetrack. It used to be called "The Holiday Inn @ Calder".

If you go to the Holiday Inn website I am sure it is listed. It is on the

Dade/Broward county line.

Maybe Trent and Bequina can help too.

Good luck with your search.

But I do know there is a Holiday Inn on University Drive. It is

Southwest of the port.

It is near Joe Robbie Stadium(actually ProPlayer now) and near

Calder Racetrack. It used to be called "The Holiday Inn @ Calder".

If you go to the Holiday Inn website I am sure it is listed. It is on the

Dade/Broward county line.

Maybe Trent and Bequina can help too.

Good luck with your search.

They lost the Holiday Inn franchise it's now called El Palacio or something like that. Real nasty. Understandable why they lost HI name.

Start checking the suburbs, ie Plantation, Davie, Weston, Sunrise etc. They're all within 20-30 minutes from the port.

I have 8 rooms at the Amerisuites in Plantation, Florida. They do offer free shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier the next morning. They also offer a free breakfast buffet. I did want the Amersuites in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, but they couldn't give me non-smoking rooms for my date, the girl I spoke to at the Amersuites main reservations number suggested the one in Plantation. As long as they have the shuttles, we're fine with it. Perhaps that may help you. Good luck.

The Ramada Plaza Beach Resort on Galt Ocean Mile in Fort Lauderdale is showing availablity thru Expedia for 5 rooms at $149. Might even be cheaper direct booking. I have stayed there several times and it is in a very nice area of condos, right on the beach with a nice pool area. Lobby is cozy, valet parking is cheap, and rooms are acceptable, certainly for one night. Not far from all sorts of shops, restaurants, etc. You could do much worse.

Howard is right - we live on Galt Ocean Drive and the Ramada is OK. The area is great - you can walk out at night - a great Greek Restaurant a short walk away, a supermarket and other amenities and restaurants. Plus, you are on the beach!!!

They lost the Holiday Inn franchise it's now called El Palacio or something like that. Real nasty. Understandable why they lost HI name.

Start checking the suburbs, ie Plantation, Davie, Weston, Sunrise etc. They're all within 20-30 minutes from the port.

Bequia, thanks for that update. I had no idea about the changeover!

I remember back in the late 80s (yes, that long ago) the hotel

was really nice!

I was living west of there for about 3 years and it was always

busy during football season!

..and if going west doesn't work (Sunrise, Weston, Plantation), i would suggest you go north, to the North Ft. Lauderdale area off 95 - a nice Westin and Marriott off the highway, and then more up the corridor to Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Coconut Creek, etc...

Of the western suburbs, Weston is the farthest west, but is a beautiful, safe, community with tons of independent restaurants and shopping, and very few chains. I love it.

We sailed out of lauderdale in Nov and we stayed at the holiday inn express. The rooms were fine, we had free shuttle as well as free breakfast. The rate was around 80 per night. Not bad and we were right accross the street from a plaza that had a grocery store as well as a liquer store for the last min. refreshments. Hope that helps. Sharon

Thanks so much for all the information on the various locations and hotels.

I was getting crazy trying to find something decent that wasn't booked. All of the hotels that are frequently mentioned on this board ie. Extended Stay, Amerisuites, Holiday Inn Express etc were all booked. I am very grateful for the Ramada suggestion.............I was able to book the 5 rooms for 139 ea. which was a good price compared to many I checked. And it has it's own beach!!! What could be bad about a beach!!!!

Thanks again............you guys saved the day!

Judie

Judie, Glad you found the 139 price. Last time I was there, valet parking was $6 and they will charge you $1 for the safe in the room. There are lots of good restaurants on Commercial Blvd, which is just north of where you are. But really you are not far from anything. Have a great cruise.

Archived