Norwegian Dawn - April 2019

Gampy1967

I am seeing a lot of message threads about not sailing on a cruise right before it goes to dry dock. Does anyone know what is going on with the Dawn in April 2019? I am on the Dawn for the 3/24/19 sailing out Puerto Rico for 7 days and then the Dawn is not scheduled for anything for April 2019 but has cruises starting back up in May 2019. It just underwent a major refurbishment in 2016 so I am surprised they would take it down for a month so soon. Any recommendations/suggestions?

I believe the GEM is doing the Boston-Bermuda cruises in 2019.:cool:

So the Dawn is just going to take a month off before moving to NY? Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering what is going on with the Dawn for a month or if this is normal. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
The Dawn went through dry-dock/upgrades in 2016 so it usually is another 5 years before they schedule another one. I wonder if she will be chartered during that missing time period?

That would be my first thought. I can't imagine her going into dry dock so soon. It does appear none of us really know, but I will add just one more thing: to my knowledge the only disaster in reference to pre dry dock was the Sun this pass spring. I doubt NCL will make the same mistake again

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what has me perplexed is no roll call for the April 7 sailing?? I followed the directions and nothing added....I am sure there are folks on that sailing...that come on here.....so Im just wondering?  My free airfare promo  has my flights booked and as well I purchased two beach days in Costa Maya and Cozumel....so if something unravels I hope for plenty of notice....

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sailed---never again on this ship.  It needs some serious work. Had an electrical fire on deck 10 with many evacuated to the top deck.  Elevators out.  We had consistent problems with the toilets as did others.  One complained of a sewage smell in cabin deck 8.  Another couple no a/c in interor cabin deck 10...no resolve other than some chocolate covered strawberries??Why go on??? Will I sail on Norwegian again?? Maybe.....a newer ship.....Food was very good.....everything else ok....some great crew some not...to be expected....and really lousy entertainment ( did not go to any shows but heard Elements was great).