Stateroom and grandchildren

ewt715

Hi Folk

We (grandparents) are taking our Son daughter inlaw and a 2 year old granddaughter and a three year old granddaughter on a Disney cruise.

We (grandparents) have cruised on Disney in the past and have a silver level.

We are considering adding the 2granddaughters to our booking In that way we can book activities afew days earlier.

When we board we plan to send the grand-kids to there parents stateroom where they will be for the rest of the cruise

Would there parent be able to go to guest relations and get keys for the parents stateroom?

I can not picture a 2 and 3 year oldgoing back and forth to the staterooms by themselves

Look for advise from other who may have done this.

Is doing this going to screw up the stateroom attendant

Our reservations have been linked Ihave been advised that we will be all eating as a group

Any advise will be gracefully accepted

Looking to avoid any pitfalls

Thanks

The biggest issue is that a form will have to be signed to allow their parents to take them off the ship.

The easier thing I think would be to have you and DIL in one room and your DH and son in another for booking.

Honestly I am not sure it will make that much difference waiting the 15 days.

I can't speak to the special circumstances of doing this with children vis a vis the paperwork, but we do it with our adult children all the time, since they are silver and we are platinum. My wife and I split between the two rooms and then when we board, we go to guest services and make the adjustments on our KTTW cards with no hassle.

Book yourself in one room and your husband in the other room (since you are the return cruisers) That way they will get a castaway club gift in the other room as well and you will have the ability to book everyone at the same time. They don't care where everyone sleeps and if you get joining rooms just leave the door in the middle open.(or if you can switch keys around like PP said do that!) Both the parents will be on the cruise so you don't have to worry about special paperwork. Have fun!

We took our inlaws and put one kid in their room and one in ours since our kids had cruised before, that way the inlaws got the castaway gift in their room too!

Hi Folk

We (grandparents) are taking our Son daughter inlaw and a 2 year old granddaughter and a three year old granddaughter on a Disney cruise.

We (grandparents) have cruised on Disney in the past and have a silver level.

We are considering adding the 2granddaughters to our booking In that way we can book activities afew days earlier. That would mean that each grand parent must be in a separate room. Putting the kids in your room won't make the parent's room silver level. They would still be first time cruisers (booking activities at 75 days out).

When we board we plan to send the grand-kids to there parents stateroom where they will be for the rest of the cruise Be aware that each person must attend the muster drill for the room they are actually registered in. But, the kid's can sleep in the room with the parents (as long as there is bed space).

Would there parent be able to go to guest relations and get keys for the parents stateroom?Yes, but that key will only be a door opening key, not the actual KTTW card that's used onboard the ship and for debarking/reboarding in ports.

I can not picture a 2 and 3 year oldgoing back and forth to the staterooms by themselves

Look for advise from other who may have done this.

Is doing this going to screw up the stateroom attendant The gratuities for the kids would be charged to your room.

Our reservations have been linked Ihave been advised that we will be all eating as a group

Any advise will be gracefully accepted

Looking to avoid any pitfalls

Thanks

My responses in red.

It works IF everyone cruises as planned. If someone has to cancel due to illness or whatever, this can make a huge mess.

Otherwise, as above. They will straighten out the KTTTW cards after boarding at Guest Services or issue a blank "mom key" that will open the door only (not good for charging or getting on or off the ship.) Bottom line--happens all the time.

The key to it working is having one person of the highest CC level possible booked in each room. If one is platinum, it must be an adult in each room to get the complimentary Palo.