Getaway/Haven-question re: usage.

mmpgoodtogo

Hello all! We are booked on Getaway in May. We were lucky enough to book an excellent Haven suite on deck 9, aft and are thoroughly excited. I was reading reviews today about Getaway and one slightly unhappy guest mentioned that, "We have discovered that one can pay a fee to use Haven facilities while having a lower level cabin." Is that true? I haven't seen that anywhere... possibly they were confusing it with the beach club passes?

Thanks!

I stayed in room 9316 this past Feb-March. You are going to love that balcony!

I was off the boat a week before I rebooked the same room: )

What you might have read is you can bring invited non Haven guests into the Haven restaurant to join you for a meal. But they will have to pay a fee of 25$.

Hello all! We are booked on Getaway in May. We were lucky enough to book an excellent Haven suite on deck 9, aft and are thoroughly excited. I was reading reviews today about Getaway and one slightly unhappy guest mentioned that, "We have discovered that one can pay a fee to use Haven facilities while having a lower level cabin." Is that true? I haven't seen that anywhere... possibly they were confusing it with the beach club passes? Thanks!

Mostly #FakeNews

Haven guests can bring non-Haven guests into the Haven restaurant if they pay for the meal.

On the Epic, the Haven sundeck is called the Posh Club. Non-Haven guests on the Epic only, can purchase entrance to the Posh Club. They normally sell around 10 passes. And it does NOT provide access to any of the other Haven facilities on the Epic (lounge, restaurant, outdoors restaurant, courtyard, gym, etc.).

What you might have read is you can bring invited non Haven guests into the Haven restaurant to join you for a meal. But they will have to pay a fee of 25$.

Even with the $25pp, many CC members are reporting that the concierge will deny the request for non-Haven guests to dine in the Haven restaurant.

It isn't always guaranteed that they will be allowed.

I felt like the reviewer likely had some bad info. And I do now recall reading the info about restaurant guests but that was of little use to me on that trip as we don’t plan to utilize that (sometimes) allowed feature.

To be honest I read that review and thought the reference was geared to some other haven perks like the courtyard etc.

Thanks for the replies.

I stayed in room 9316 this past Feb-March. You are going to love that balcony!

I was off the boat a week before I rebooked the same room: )

We were so excited to get this cabin. I’ve watched a YouTube video room tour 100 times. At least!

Even with the $25pp, many CC members are reporting that the concierge will deny the request for non-Haven guests to dine in the Haven restaurant.

Yes it does vary. On the Caribbean Getaway cruise, we were not allowed to bring a guest in the Haven Dining room. On the Baltic Getaway cruise, we were allowed to bring a guest to dine in the Haven Dining Room. The Haven Dining Room manager made the decision. But not to use any other facilities.

I believe that for a very short time there was the possibility of paying for Haven access if staying in a non-haven cabin. NCL quickly realized their error and stopped the program. So the review may have been correct at the time, but it is not correct now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had an aft suite on Getaway last September. Only went to the Haven for drinks or dinner. It is amazing back there! I cannot remember which deck we were on, but the balcony was huge! its also convenient to run down the stairs to the Waterfront. have a great trip!!

I believe that for a very short time there was the possibility of paying for Haven access if staying in a non-haven cabin. NCL quickly realized their error and stopped the program. So the review may have been correct at the time, but it is not correct now.

I never heard this, if anything I have always been of the understanding that they are very, very strict about The Haven. It's an example of one that NCL does incredibly well.

I never heard this, if anything I have always been of the understanding that they are very, very strict about The Haven. It's an example of one that NCL does incredibly well.

It was offered for 2 weeks on one ship (Epic?) if I recall correctly. There was an uproar from suite passengers and it was quickly cancelled. If you search the forums you’ll likely come across some old posts describing what happened. I for one am glad it doesn’t happen anymore.

Perhaps the denials have to do with capacity. I was on Getaway a few weeks ago during Spring Break, and The Haven Restaurant was full for most meals, given that there were more families.

Not really fair to make Haven guests wait or turn them away because seats are sold to non-Haven guests.

The whole point of paying double or triple what a non-Haven cabin costs is for the lack of crowds in the Haven, much less chair-hogging, more personal service, etc. If I could pay $2.5k for a balcony for two vs almost $9k for Haven for two, I would GLADLY pay a couple of $hundred extra to use the Haven - and so would probably half the ship, which would completely undermine any market for the huge upcharge for Haven cabins! I'm glad NCL didn't go this route!

It is simple. There are many options for haven and non-haven folks to dine together… And we have actually done this.

They can dine together in the main dining room or one of the specialty restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums