On land dress code during land/sea cruise tour

baxley

If you're asking about Alaska land portion, this June will be our 4th time there and they are not too formal. Some women were wearing dresses and skirt/tops, more casual type, but many (me included) just wore nicer tops than the t-shirts I usually wear during the day. Hope this helps.

If you're asking about Alaska land portion, this June will be our 4th time there and they are not too formal. Some women were wearing dresses and skirt/tops, more casual type, but many (me included) just wore nicer tops than the t-shirts I usually wear during the day. Hope this helps.

What is your observation on board for formal evening? Are most men in suit coats? Thank you.

I was wondering if people dress nicer for the evening meal on the land portion of the trip. Do women wear any dresses? Could I get by with just nice tops? Thanks.

If you are asking about the land portion of a Yukon cruisetour......unless you purchased the meal plan you will in most locations decide where you will have dinner. There are very few places where you would dress for dinner on land as you do on the ship.....possibly an upscale eatery in Anchorage. The meal plan will cover meals in HAL properties (or possibly Princess) and like the rest of Alaska and the Yukon they are very informal. I would not even take a dress on the land portion.

What is your observation on board for formal evening? Are most men in suit coats? Thank you.

Gala Nights are now just smart casual which translates to a few tuxedos, about 50% suits/jackets, and the balance collared shirts on my cruises.

Dress in a manner that pleases you not your fellow passengers.

I was wondering if people dress nicer for the evening meal on the land portion of the trip. Do women wear any dresses? Could I get by with just nice tops? Thanks.

Your nice tops will be just fine, but don't forget the nice bottoms too.

It can be cold in Alaska

Sandra