Help Requested - Room on the Royal

Ash_11

Hello cruisers! My sister and I will be taking a 12 day on the Royal in May and I could use your help.

I need to pick a room. We got "upgraded" to a deluxe suite facing off the back of the ship on the Dolphin deck. My concern is that it is directly above a stage used for karaoke. Otherwise, I think I would be very happy with this cabin. Does anyone have any experience on the Dolphin deck, being directly above evening entertainment? I seem to remember running across someone complaining about it.

I've scoured the reviews and can't find specifics about that location.

I rejected the upgrade, but they don't have anything left in the class we chose. So my alternatives are to wait on the unknown, or downgrade to DD or DE on Dolphin or the Aloha decks.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Edited by Ash_11

Hello cruisers! My sister and I will be taking a 12 day on the Royal in May and I could use your help.

I need to pick a room. We got "upgraded" to a deluxe suite facing off the back of the ship on the Dolphin deck. My concern is that it is directly above a stage used for karaoke. Otherwise, I think I would be very happy with this cabin. Does anyone have any experience on the Dolphin deck, being directly above evening entertainment? I seem to remember running across someone complaining about it.

I rejected the upgrade, but they don't have anything left in the class we chose. So my alternatives are to wait on the unknown, or downgrade to DD or DE on Dolphin or the Aloha decks.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Dolphin deck is two decks up from the Vista Lounge, Emerald Deck is between you. The stage is also a bit forward from the absolute back of the ship, your cabin would not have been over it. Zero noise on Dolphin from the lounge on Promenade aka deck 7.

And no way I would personally have turned down a suite over the potential for some noise an hour or two a night! That's me though, some folks are more noise adverse.

What is your actual category you're originally booked in? Suites start with S, so being bumped down to a Deluxe Balcony cabin is a major, major downgrade - hopefully they're compensating you also..

Unless by "suite" you're simply meaning deluxe cabin, not an actual suite... Please clarify.

The aft facing deluxe balcony cabins are great as they have larger than standard balconies and are very quite - except the ones directly before the Buffet... Not quite as private as the side cabins as aft is tiered, so those above can see the outer edges of the balcony...

Personally, I'd try to get that deluxe aft suite back! Or even aft deluxe balcony cabin, as the larger balcony, quiet locale and great wake views l combine for very relaxing and peaceful location. .

Otherwise, if you're taking rhe downgrade to DD or DE, I'd personally be waiting for the unknown - it's likely a cabin in your original category will become open again, ie perhaps something slightly better..

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Deluxe Balcony cabin? In any case Dolphin deck is two decks above the Vista Lounge, and you will not hear anything.The Vista Lounge is used in the daytime for art auctions, sometimes bingo, movies. In the evening there may be a band, ballroom dancing, an entertainer such as a comic or singer. Karaoke is held in Princess Live.

Deluxe Balcony cabin? In any case Dolphin deck is two decks above the Vista Lounge, and you will not hear anything.The Vista Lounge is used in the daytime for art auctions, sometimes bingo, movies. In the evening there may be a band, ballroom dancing, an entertainer such as a comic or singer. Karaoke is held in Princess Live.[/quote]

On our most recent Royal sailing (disembarked March 20), karaoke was held both in Vista Lounge and Princess Live.

In the past, when there was Voice of the Ocean, the "auditions" aka karaoke was done in Vista.

Absolutely agree though, Dolphin deck won't get any noise from any of rhe Vista activites, there's an entire deck of cabins between, plus stage is not set all the way aft, there's "behind the scenes" space too..

Shoot! I made a mistake! I meant on Emerald deck, not dolphin. So we don't have a floor in between us. Would you still take it?

I mean a "Premium deluxe balcony". Thanks!

Edited by Ash_11

Shoot! I made a mistake! I meant on Emerald deck, not dolphin. So we don't have a floor in between us. Would you still take it?

I turned this Suite down at Christmas for the very same reason. The year before we were directly above the piano in Crooners and it was AWFUL. I will never make that mistake again...not even for a suite! I sail with my elderly Mother so we are both in bed by 11:00. I guess if you're a night owl, or flying in from somewhere with a time difference, you might not consider it a disadvantage. Your call. And then there are still the soot issues on Royal aft cabins......

Yeah, I likely would, especially if it was aft facing. The aft views are wonderful, and the balconies are bigger than those down the sides. And deluxe balcony cabins are great with the small sitting area....

The only reason I would turn it down wouldn't be due to potential noise, but rather if it was closer to the starboard side - which is the smoking side aft on the Promenade deck (7)... You may get some wafting cigarette smoke... Not a big deal overall to us, but it would be more of a consideration than the potential noise from Vista for an hour or two each night..

What was your original category??

Just a note: I was "upgraded" to a mid-aft inside from a forward inside on the Regal last month. I called and told them that I didn't want the upgrade, since I wanted to stay closer to my sister. The customer service rep assured me that she was able to get me back in my original room, but that it wouldn't show up on the cruise personalizer as it was very close to sailing. My luggage tags showed the mid-aft now.

I arrived at the ship and I was in the mid-aft - so much for cs assurances. It was the worst cabin I have had on a cruise ship as it was designed for 4 and had the beds that hang from the wall, so that my husband and I had to stoop every time to get into the bed. We had a few hard head hits and sore backs by the time the cruise was over. The cruise was great, but our "upgraded" cabins not so much.

I know I should have marked the do not upgrade, but I did want the possibility of an upgrade. I am not so sure anymore though.