Is drink of the day still a thing?

landsear

We are trying to decide if the drink package is worth it. Is the drink of the day for a sligjsli cheaper price still a thing? How much does your average beer cost?

Yes, they still do the DOTD :) Beer was like 5-6 bucks + 15% if memory serves me correctly

I don't have the cost, but I remember it not being bad for domestic beer.

Yes the Drink of the Day is still a big deal. I am amazed at how many people get them in those huge cups as a souvenir. I would love to see them try to pack them home. :)

As for the drink package, just take your time, be realistic and do the math. I don't like the 15 a day limit for a couple of reasons. Some love the package.

I don't have the cost, but I remember it not being bad for domestic beer.

Yes the Drink of the Day is still a big deal. I am amazed at how many people get them in those huge cups as a souvenir. I would love to see them try to pack them home. :)

As for the drink package, just take your time, be realistic and do the math. I don't like the 15 a day limit for a couple of reasons. Some love the package.

not enough? :o

Edited by Oh Not Him Again

You only save a buck or two at best. Something like $7.95 instead of the normal 8.95. Not enough to make it a game changer.

Yeah, we took advantage of whatever drink Red Frog had on special most days, but still ended up spending over $700 on a 7 day cruise.

We are trying to decide if the drink package is worth it. Is the drink of the day for a sligjsli cheaper price still a thing? How much does your average beer cost?

Most beers are $6.25 for a 16oz. Some imports may only come in 12oz. Drafts are like 5.75 or 5.95.The red frog pint draft I think is bigger like 19oz and is 5.75. If your ship has the self serve pints I think those are $4.

So Cheers for the 2 of you would have been $840....so paying by the drink, you came out ahead of the game

Only if they would've drank the same amount in each scenario. I know when I am on a budget I am more likely to be mindful in what I spend rather than splurging when it is included in a pre-paid package.

Edited by ray98

Only if they would've drank the same amount in each scenario. I know when I am on a budget I am more likely to be more mindful in what I spend than splurging when it is included in a package.

Exactly! If we had Cheers we would have tried more drinks, would have done more specialty coffee and the bottled tea and/or powerade/vitamin water instead of the horrid lido buffet coffee/iced tea?/lemonade. We have Cheers for our upcoming cruise mostly because I know we would spend close to the price of it even being somewhat conservative with what we order, and it lets us not have to worry about our tab everyday, and DH is not queued up at the Sail&Sign kiosk to check it several times a day. It's not so much coming out ahead as it's having the freedom from not having to keep track of what your spending, which with that little plastic card, it's easy to loose count.

It's not so much coming out ahead as it's having the freedom.

If they would drop the policy that every adult in the cabin had to purchase the package, I would purchase Cheers for myself for that reason alone, even knowing I might not "come out ahead".

Exactly! If we had Cheers we would have tried more drinks, would have done more specialty coffee and the bottled tea and/or powerade/vitamin water instead of the horrid lido buffet coffee/iced tea?/lemonade. We have Cheers for our upcoming cruise mostly because I know we would spend close to the price of it even being somewhat conservative with what we order, and it lets us not have to worry about our tab everyday, and DH is not queued up at the Sail&Sign kiosk to check it several times a day. It's not so much coming out ahead as it's having the freedom from not having to keep track of what your spending, which with that little plastic card, it's easy to loose count.

Side note: you can check your account balance on the hub app now. Nice feature. Shows itemized charges just like the kiosk.

Side note: you can check your account balance on the hub app now. Nice feature. Shows itemized charges just like the kiosk.

Yeah, we didn't know about it until after we set sail, definitely going to have it this time!

Here is the wonderful drink evaluator to help you determine if Cheers is worth it. I did it in August and loved it and I'm doing it on our next one. I can prepay and not have to worry about the bar bill at the end. Order the most expensive thing on the menu. Or get a new drink if mine melts down or I don't like it.

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator (2).xls

Here is the wonderful drink evaluator to help you determine if Cheers is worth it. I did it in August and loved it and I'm doing it on our next one. I can prepay and not have to worry about the bar bill at the end. Order the most expensive thing on the menu. Or get a new drink if mine melts down or I don't like it.

You rock!!! Thanks for the drink evaluator, what a help ;)

These prices $5.95 for domestic beer and $5.50 for Strawberry daiquiri sem out dated? anyone else think so.

These prices $5.95 for domestic beer and $5.50 for Strawberry daiquiri sem out dated? anyone else think so.

Most of the 16oz domestics and imports are 6.25. There are drafts and some 12oz cans in the 5.75-5.95 range.