Classic Alcohol Package: Can you get an IPA?

CruisinPoodle

Sam Adams Rebel IPA is in the classic package. There are one or two other IPA's which might be available for $14, so you pay the difference of $3. On our recent cruise they had Dogfish 90 Minute IPA and Rogue Dead Guy Ale(not an IPA but quite hoppy.)

Sam Adams Rebel IPA is in the classic package. There are one or two other IPA's which might be available for $14, so you pay the difference of $3. On our recent cruise they had Dogfish 90 Minute IPA and Rogue Dead Guy Ale(not an IPA but quite hoppy.)

Unless there has been a change the Classic package limit is a$9 so a $14 IPA would incur a charge if $5+ 18% for a total of $5.90.

Unless there has been a change the Classic package limit is a$9 so a $14 IPA would incur a charge if $5+ 18% for a total of $5.90.

This is why we always upgrade to the Premium pkg, well, and along with the better red wines the wifester liked. :D

On our recent Solstice cruise a few weeks ago, the limit for classic package was $11 for all drinks. There was no additional tip added to the drink price difference. So a $14 drink cost you $3.

I thought the limit for beer on the classic package was $6.00, $8.00 for mixed drinks and up to $9.00 for wine. Has something changed?

I thought the limit for beer on the classic package was $6.00, $8.00 for mixed drinks and up to $9.00 for wine. Has something changed?

I think those are the price limits for the Standard package, priced below the Classic package and not always mentioned on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our recent Solstice cruise a few weeks ago, the limit for classic package was $11 for all drinks. There was no additional tip added to the drink price difference. So a $14 drink cost you $3.

For Australia/NZ departures the gratuity is included within the base price, so instead of the classic package limit being $9 it is $11. Also when paying the difference, there isn't an additional 18% gratuity to add, it's already in the price.

It depends on which part of the Celebrity web site you are viewing. If you click the "Learn More" link describing the Classic Package, you will see:

Enjoy all the spirits listed in the Standard Package PLUS elevate your experience with the additional brands listed below. Includes beverages up to $9.

But if you click on a similar link during the room booking process, you will see the $6, $8 and $9 scheme you describe.

By the way, I tried to copy the text from the booking process in order to post the exact wording, but every time I try to book a room, I get the "An error has occurred" message and cannot proceed. Looks like they aren't taking many reservations today. Way to go, Celebrity IT!