Our First RCI Cruise! HOTS Departs Today. Join Us?

L1211

We've been doing pre-dinner drinks there. Will have to check. Have not seen any ala carte options at speciality venues.

It wasn’t something that they advertised, we had to ask. It was also later (8pm) and they had run out of or were getting low on one of the deserts so there were only a couple to choose from.

Ha! That makes me feel soooo much better!! Clearly not just me. Loved it. Just didn't get it.

There is another ice show which is more fun and playful than this one. It is called iSkate and you do not need reservations. It is well worth going to it. As for this ice show, we too left wondering exactly happened in front of us.

Ok. 1887 was amazing. The talent level was outstanding!!! They announced this troupe was just formed. It was their 1st of 600 performances and they blew me away. But can someone explain that story to me???

They are a new cast that just did their first performance, and you were a part of it. When we saw Greese a few weeks ago it was that casts’ 2nd performance on stage. I hope that helps to explain it.

No one bothered to tell me what country my salt was mined in and they seem to have only one variety. Yes, 150 Central Park may have spoiled me...

You have be laughing out loud. My mother in law loved 150 CP, and it spoiled her too. 150 took her over the edge of her food coma.

Good morning! Sea day. I love a good sea day. Perfect weather. Look what I found at the Park Cafe. Salmon! Take that NCL!0a09176c37dd6b60f1372ec30eb4ea11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn’t something that they advertised, we had to ask. It was also later (8pm) and they had run out of or were getting low on one of the deserts so there were only a couple to choose from.

Ken and I were there together when we did this. I called it a drive by dessert. Well worth it, if they have any extras.

L1211, you might ask if they have a plate of noodle shrimp as well.;p

Onion bagel, salmon cream cheese, smoked salmon that melts in your mouth, capers, red onions, crispy arugula and a drizzle of olive oil. Heavenly!!! No if drinking a good Chardonnay at 10 am wasn't a sign of problems...

Onion bagel, salmon cream cheese, smoked salmon that melts in your mouth, capers, red onions, crispy arugula and a drizzle of olive oil. Heavenly!!! No if drinking a good Chardonnay at 10 am wasn't a sign of problems...

Got to love the bagels and lox from Park Cafe along with the salmon cream cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh my. Watch shopping. The DH lost his Tag a few years ago. Oh my. 2a1d2bed3902198d57e9a322663d9556.jpg

So the new smart watch from Tag did not get good reviews... actually they called it a nice $300 watch that retails for $1500. Except it's $1700 here. I'm going with nope on the new smart watch from Tag!

Oh that's tempting!!b3e1d7a934ca90d7cb3d19e565864ea5.jpg

MMMM. Memories.

74692e5f847b38ebdff7090976442158.jpg

Late night entertainment and bar food- score big for NCL. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this cruise and will sail RCI again. But I cannot believe this is Dazzles at 12:30 (those of you thinking afternoon- not so). Wow. I'm used to NCL deck parties that start at 11:30 PM. Then wings at O'Sheehan's about 3AM. Seems to be a very different vibe on RCI. Not bad but very different. Way more laid back.

98018e6d5ac407e02462336859d890ab.jpg

Is there a secret society party that you need a code to enter??? Were Cruise Life Rick's pics all taken well before midnight?? Feels like I'm missing something...

You just need to show up with CLR, knock twice and you are in. In all honesty I think RC cruisers typically do not stay up as late as NCL cruisers.

After our nights out with Rick and the Rat (Yorkvillain) we would stop at Sorento's late at night, and that was the only time it tasted decent. They do have individual made pizzas but we never waited for them to be made. I wish the Dog House was open late at night, that would be great. A throw back to my University days, street meat after a night of drinking.

I have never sailed on NCL but I have read many live CC reviews. I have always thought that RC needed an O’Sheehan’s type of venu for after hours drinkers. The photos posted of wings, fish and chips, etc... would suck me in and absorb some of the alcohol too.

Ken and I were there together when we did this. I called it a drive by dessert. Well worth it, if they have any extras.

L1211, you might ask if they have a plate of noodle shrimp as well.;p

I'm soooo doing it! Not just the best desserts on the ship but outstanding by any standard. And it just thrilled the girls, which isn't easy to do... we've made some buddies there by coming in for pre-dinner drinks. Will see if they can hook us up! Thanks all, much appreciated info. And Id totally take the shrimp for dessert!!!

I am booked and paid for for an NCL Cruise in October third cruise with them next year I am definitely going to try Royal Caribbean pictures are amazing

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Forums mobile app

Hey KPM, excited for you!! The facilities are both incredible. We collectively like the layout of the NCL Away class 678 Ocean place with the open atrium between the dining and entertainment decks. We also like NCL's Waterfront. We think you see much more of the ocean there. But, we aren't big pool and sun worshippers and I known the pool deck is much better here but we don't use it much. Tons of activities on both ships though.

Back at the jogging track. Much too much food that needs to be worked off.

To quote the motivational signs on the course - One more lap or maybe three. Then tonight's dessert can be guilt free. Did someone say Wonderland???

Back at the jogging track. Much too much food that needs to be worked off.

To quote the motivational signs on the course - One more lap or maybe three. Then tonight's dessert can be guilt free. Did someone say Wonderland???

Hey I just left the track....missed you again not that I know what you look like so we probably passed each other!

MMMM. Memories.

74692e5f847b38ebdff7090976442158.jpg

You just need to show up with CLR, knock twice and you are in. In all honesty I think RC cruisers typically do not stay up as late as NCL cruisers.

After our nights out with Rick and the Rat (Yorkvillain) we would stop at Sorento's late at night, and that was the only time it tasted decent. They do have individual made pizzas but we never waited for them to be made. I wish the Dog House was open late at night, that would be great. A throw back to my University days, street meat after a night of drinking.

I have never sailed on NCL but I have read many live CC reviews. I have always thought that RC needed an O’Sheehan’s type of venu for after hours drinkers. The photos posted of wings, fish and chips, etc... would suck me in and absorb some of the alcohol too.

I knew it had to be a knock or handshake that was not available in MY cruise planner!!! Yep, followed the three-headed dragon was it??? You guys seemed to find more trouble than we've encountered. The DH reminds me it is spring break and the average age of kids is quite young. This is not the ship of the college partier and that is not a complaint. Took the oldest DH on a carnival 4 day cruise just a few weeks ago. Happy to report I survived!!!

But we do like to feel like we're having adult nights out and not dancing with others' children at bars. That kinda kills the adult night out vibe for me. Totally enjoyed late night comedy last night! Haven't nailed late night dining yet.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Have loved your reviews!!

Hey I just left the track....missed you again not that I know what you look like so we probably passed each other!

Too funny! It was hopping today. Another beautiful weather day!!!

I'm loving every second of your trip!!!! I'll be on HOTS 7/7. Your cocktail habits are impressive - you are cruising right!

Thanks for the laugh!!! They are losing money on my drink package for sure!!!! Excited for you on your upcoming cruise. What a joy!!!! Thanks for coming along. Having fun sharing it.

There is another ice show which is more fun and playful than this one. It is called iSkate and you do not need reservations. It is well worth going to it. As for this ice show, we too left wondering exactly happened in front of us.

They are a new cast that just did their first performance, and you were a part of it. When we saw Greese a few weeks ago it was that casts’ 2nd performance on stage. I hope that helps to explain it.

We need to give the other show a try. The talent level is crazy good! So impressed with the venue too. Really well done.

Got to love the bagels and lox from Park Cafe along with the salmon cream cheese.

Just found it. Oh my... and I thought the egg white veggie omelette was good! Upped my breakfast game for sure!!!

I wanted to write my final dinner review then start Jamaica (spoiler alert on Jamaica, we LOVED our tour to Blue Hole!!). I think dinner in the MDR was about what I expected. Did not like the ambiance. The facility is lovely. But tables are close and based on luck of the draw you could be dining by the loudest guy in the room. Yep. We sat next to that guy. I think it would have bean loud regardless. Just the nature of mass-dining. It feels like a banquet to me and having had communications/conferences report to me at a couple of very large multi-national companies, I'm not a fan of banquet dining. So I know I go into it with that bias.

The service was good. Faster than expected. Bar service was super fast. Outstanding! Food was spotty. Appetizers ok to bad (hated the seafood cake) but entrees were great. Dessert not so great. I'd give it a B- service better than the food. Experience worse than both.

5beaf71f64255c7389f25a7746426432.jpg