Semi-live Pre-opening cruise Symphony of the Seas

bfa7c5d973650e14c540729aef27a85f.jpgThey called this piece A guy who's not supposed to be onboard until November, yet here he is...

2beebe9f8aa015fd05b025d5d58c5669.jpgBreakfast in the park

e31edff6b499f3144cd8f9b0d61ab2c2.jpgThe Easter display. There's chocolate bunnies every where now.

20d48dcd548fe3c71d85e9297d9e91f3.jpgCompass is real and actually turns. Future cruisers be warned this may be the last time you see this as I walk away in a whole new direction

8acb72d36ed17205df6efafc9431d949.jpgLoyalty Desk

cb3d5859a8524a8bad09476851c8e470.jpgTold the best joke ever to this window, and he cracked up

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. It’s looks amazing and can’t wait to board on Saturday. Ahh it’s Saturday and i haven’t even thought about packing. Look forward to more reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I apparently suck at taking pictures of rooms on the cabin crawl. But we saw 2x Central Park Balconies, ours and one on 14, a junior suite, a boardwalk balcony, an ocean view balcony, and an owners suite. The family in the owners suite also took us up to the sundeck and the suite lounge/coastal kitchen.

ab464d36fd3e3bb105626e9c47ca7ce7.jpgSuite sundeck bar. With all the money you pay for suites and get this line at the bar, disgusting

9db30a116e21243d9510e40ddc46993f.jpgAll these chair hogs up here. Despicable

c29d3e44ba0ca88768a123228318c699.jpgAs they look down on us all

2799f76aad9154e7c3a747575c78a280.jpgThese look comfortable, if only there was space to try one

e9a207cdeef3af2338df4d0ee16dbfbd.jpgAnd they do get a great view, so I guess it might be worth the splurge and crowds

Hello,

Is ROOM service breakfast FREE ?

Enjoy your Cruise, thanks for the report !

For us, depature in 12 days ;p

Good afternoon Barriaux!

Continental breakfast room service is free!! American breakfast as room service has a few of $7.95 plus service fee. We have enjoyed continental breakfast on our CP balcony quite a bit.

c33d8241de98285e8acfd56cf00de7c2.jpg

b19e20d63036d5fe5b6201f0324308ff.jpg

Hi on 12229 in a few weeks on oasis is the balcony a lot bigger and have you been disturbed by staff as their is reported go be a staff area attached?
Polperro,

We have not noticed any sort of disturbance from the crew area. The only exception is there was some noise from a loose item the first night when we had some decent side to side motion. The service area closest to us is an ice machine room. I'll check deck 12 today to see what is there. Presumably it would be the same on Oasis.

e0d75802b4233e000e34e1deb4f48c49.jpgLooking towards the living wall

2ec901a4f1fe423f4d66a53e17a5b655.jpgLooking rearward. We had our entire cabin crawl group of about 10 on here and everyone had plenty of elbow room. If we had more sun on our level I'd probably ask our room steward for a lounger or two

Polperro,

We have not noticed any sort of disturbance from the crew area. The only exception is there was some noise from a loose item the first night when we had some decent side to side motion. The service area closest to us is an ice machine room. I'll check deck 12 today to see what is there. Presumably it would be the same on Oasis.

e0d75802b4233e000e34e1deb4f48c49.jpgLooking towards the living wall

2ec901a4f1fe423f4d66a53e17a5b655.jpgLooking rearward. We had our entire cabin crawl group of about 10 on here and everyone had plenty of elbow room. If we had more sun on our level I'd probably ask our room steward for a lounger or two

Thanks appreciate the response. Enjoy your cruise

Hi on 12229 in a few weeks on oasis is the balcony a lot bigger and have you been disturbed by staff as their is reported go be a staff area attached?
Polperro I just stopped by 12229, and there is another cabin closest to the service area. Can't picture the deck plans of Oasis vs Symphony so I can't tell you for sure if O has it or not. Cabin in question was 12227.

Happy Monday Glitterati!

The tier of "Royal Signatures" in not on any bar menu. Though, we have seen plenty of people order drinks that are not on the menus and receive them since most of the staff is prior RC employees. I don't know where it has gone, but did ask the staff at Boleros one visit why all the menus for each bar were essentially the exact same. They stated to keep it simple when rolling out the ship then they will start to separate them out.

As for the bottle of red, yes! It was a CP perk as was lunch at our choice of either Jamie's or Johnny Rockets! We have met many people in other CP balconies who all received the perks and many are UK based citizens.

I hope this helps you out!

Macon and Shane

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Morning!

Thank you so much for this info, its big help! I just dont want to be in a situation where i dont know what is included in the drinks package and what is not!

Fab, i was worried we would be missing out on the perks as my travel agent did not believe it was a thing! Lunch at JR's it is then! And a lovely bottle of red to sit and drink whilst people watching!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise! :D

I've not seen Barbeque Baby Ribs or Mushroom Risotto on any other RC MDR menu.
Thanks for the clarification. Pretty sure I was reading one of the updated threads on the mdr menus, but then couldn't remember if it was a new one or not.

I can say that mushroom risotto was good, but nothing to write home about. But then again I get spoiled with local risotto we can get closer to home.

e8d874a92baff6d17d0d353034e83575.jpgSo then this one would be presumably new as well?

d1099a0976fa2f194ed1efab517528ab.jpgDinner Menu,

We will be onboard in January, I have not been on a Royal ship for many years.

The dinner menu has a big selection to choose from. Is this the same menu selection each day?

Some cruise lines on embankment have a ship tour before Muster Drill. Is there a ship tour?

Edited by phabric

We just paid our final payment for July 1st sailing as well. 3 months to go - so excited!

I have a few general questions. This is our first time on a "big new ship". I wondered if the activities have a fee? Things like rock wall, miniature golf, flow rider, laser tag, zip line, ice skating, the big slide that has the monster mouth - lol.

One question about the beverage package. Does everyone in room have to get the alcohol package and can you purchase later in the cruise. Our last day is a day at sea and would be nice to have but most days we will be gone off the ship and don't think the package would be worth it. We are also in a 2 bedroom grand suite and get to go to coastal kitchen where I read we get free beer and wine with dinner and I believe they also have a lounge with complementary drinks for a few hours each day. Anyone have experience with coastal kitchen? Thank you and sorry for all the random questions.

We just paid our final payment for July 1st sailing as well. 3 months to go - so excited!

I have a few general questions. This is our first time on a "big new ship". I wondered if the activities have a fee? Things like rock wall, miniature golf, flow rider, laser tag, zip line, ice skating, the big slide that has the monster mouth - lol.

One question about the beverage package. Does everyone in room have to get the alcohol package and can you purchase later in the cruise. Our last day is a day at sea and would be nice to have but most days we will be gone off the ship and don't think the package would be worth it. We are also in a 2 bedroom grand suite and get to go to coastal kitchen where I read we get free beer and wine with dinner and I believe they also have a lounge with complementary drinks for a few hours each day. Anyone have experience with coastal kitchen? Thank you and sorry for all the random questions.

So all the major attractions you listed there are indeed free. The only one I have seen so far that is an upcharge is the escape room, which is unavailable for our cruise so I can't comment on price. If I recall, the price on other ships is $15 or $20. I'm sure someone who has done one can clarify.

As far as beverage packages, everyone over 21 must have a deluxe package if one person buys one, however the royal replenish and the soda packages can be bought for individuals. The royal replenish is like the deluxe package minus alcohol, and you can not pay the difference to add alcohol. Although we are not in a suite, when we visited the lounge/kitchen on deck 17, the concierge, Raj, explained to us that from 11-11 beer, wine and sodas are complementary and they do a nightly open bar from 5:30 to 8. I heard that coastal kitchen was kind of slow on the first morning, but it was busy and the crew is still learning the ropes.

And for a bonus I'll throw in some pictures of the lounge area

ea1e009cdcd4741e526afbb340a5baf8.jpgCoastal Kitchen area

6c8df0ddd1b39e5bb6128bd0b99fcb5a.jpgMore dining area

83b5303cf1ede05a3b79c0f0ec27db0d.jpgSuite lounge

d6263939bf9157a09a3a3eeacaa0f718.jpgContinental breakfast area, also 24 hour self serve espresso machine and snacks throughout the day

ad7553b7ff8293eb67ea2affc5b62bba.jpgSuite bar

4c08234a55f7a8b799e86f3fb7935f6f.jpgAnd the center view

We will be onboard in January, I have not been on a Royal ship for many years.

The dinner menu has a big selection to choose from. Is this the same menu selection each day?

Some cruise lines on embankment have a ship tour before Muster Drill. Is there a ship tour?

Dinner menu has a selection of rotating appetizers, main courses and deserts and the bottom four options on each column are the ones that repeat.

I am not sure if there was an official tour, but there was plenty of staff wearing yellow "Ask Me" shirts, so I presume they would either give an actual tour, or a guide map based tour. While she is massive, she is well later out and is very easy to navigate, with plenty of maps and street signs to guide you.

Amazingly I don't have a single picture of one, so thats getting added to my to do list

Awesome! I have always though Royal ships lacked a sports bar. Where is that located?
Playmakers is on the boardwalk, in place of where Sabor is on the other three, and stretches down the length of the boardwalk. There's a good number of tvs, fun little games like Jenga, Connect four and a table top bean bag toss. There's also a small arcade down there with. All the games were priced around a $1.50 and you use the seapass card. Except for the shuffleboard tables, those take dollars.

02f95843808c1d03273cd9a3da1cba5c.jpgJenga. I eventually sent the tower tumbling

0e5c57394e467f637532a6396d4a0e40.jpgI ordered a chicken sandwich which was delicious. It comes with Playmakers fries, which have Parmesan cheese and what they said was a Cesar dressing. I still think it was mayo.

9213f7b801d5457b188d609694b19e7e.jpgMacon had the 12 BBQ wings. We actually got 10, but we were pretty full so didn't mind. And they were better than ones I had at Buffalo wild wings. I'm sure that's blasphemy to some, but oh well.

Thanks for the all the info and pictures!! One of many questions I have for Playmakers.....do they have a schedule or listing of the day's/night's games that they'll be televising?....and do they have sports packages that show more than 1 game at a time? TIA.

Thanks for the all the info and pictures!! One of many questions I have for Playmakers.....do they have a schedule or listing of the day's/night's games that they'll be televising?....and do they have sports packages that show more than 1 game at a time? TIA.
They do show what major games they'll be showing that day posted on one of the tvs. They show mostly European soccer during the day, and they have shown the NCAA basketball games. Usually we get the highlights or a replay because the live game is after midnight. I did see them also show nba games. They do have some sort of package as different tvs will play different games and ESPN.

Phabric,

The food at Playmakers is additional, my sandwich and fries was $9 and the 12 wings was $8

We are sailing away from Naples now, so just a few more pictures from yesterday and today

b6597d624a0e0b848e24ed1fc5be87df.jpgThe volcano in twilight

82ca694dc1a525e9ab6e0d8457a66e44.jpgCatch up on the games of the day while taking a dip in the hot tub. Plus mood lighting...

8c04a95cd6391443d1831d98a87f01fa.jpgThis piece is coming along nicely

afc248cc64b04c60bbecfb20b5d08404.jpgWe think it'll look great when it's done, especially at night

a63406bcf6374419e460f2f11f7bdfe4.jpgThe Cacophony of the Stairs

ebcdb7effaee76fc8de687cee8212be9.jpgIt'll shatter glass, eardrums, and small children