Silversea Promotion Events

Master Echo

Quite some years ago SS used to organise promotional lunches on a regional basis in the UK. The first one I attended was at the 5 star Midland Hotel in Manchester, where free food and drink was provided as a prelude to a marketing presentation by Aris Zarpanely, the then European VP.

Then SS organised an annual golfing weekend at Gleneagles in May, which was attended by Venetian and Gleneagles members. Naturally this weekend was not free, but equally the hotel's facilities made it attractive for the non golfer.

Since Anita Hobdale departed the London office last year, it is noticeable that no golfing event has been organised for 2018. The regional marketing lunches fizzled out several years ago, unless I am just not being invited!

Is this yet another example of SS cutbacks?

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Sounds like some smart marketing!

We’ve been sailing with SS since ‘08 and I’ve never even heard of such events here in the states. Not to say they never had any, but we certainly weren’t invited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silversea recently held a lunch in the Morrison Hotel in Dublin.We were invited but unfortunately unable to attend. I remember they have been held possibly last year also in the Morrison Hotel and The Merrion Hotel prior to that.

We were invited and asked to attend an afternoon presentation by Silversea earlier this month in Glasgow. It included a 3 course lunch plus a choice of either a wine or whisky tasting. A charge of £20/head was made. Unfortunately it was cancelled due to poor weather.

The lunches are still held in Perth Western Australia. I have attended many. They are held in the best hotels and the food and wine always the best available. There is always a presentation of any upcoming events in the Silversea world and is usually introduced by the Manager of the Sydney office. Delightful day which I always look forward to and surprisingly of all the guests attending I have never sailed with anyone there. Bring on another!!!:D

Last one we were fortunate to b e invited to was for a Silversea Celebration Lunch to recognise 20th birthday of Silversea Cruises in 2014.It was held on the Silver Cloud whilst berthed at Tower Bridge,London between cruises.The Lunch was prepared by Michelin Star chef Michael Caines who at the time was based in Cornwall England.He brought on his staff and prepared a four course lunch which was outstanding for a full Main Dining Room comprising all Silversea top Management ,senior staff and fortunate invited guests.A memorable occasion and a good marketing excercise with many of the prominent travel companies represented as well as a handful of UK celebrities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums