DIY iced coffee on board

Smokeybooks

Anybody have some favorite ways to whip up yummy iced coffee with what is available on board (and maybe some carry on flavoring)?

We always get a large plastic glass from a bar, fill it with ice, then fill it it with hot coffee. We add sweetener and cream, et voila!

I love the vanilla ice cream idea.

Wal-Mart sells cans of Bustelo, "Cafe con Chocolate", which is a chocolate flavored cold coffee. We use a Tervis tumbler and mix one of those cans with ice and creamer, and had a very good coffee drink for only $1.67 per cup.

And, since it comes in a can, you can bring 12 onboard!

CeleBrat

At home, I make cold brew iced coffee in my fridge overnight. It has a better flavor than hot-brewed coffee poured over ice.

I’ve got a special pitcher for it, and it’s made of plastic. Search amazon for “takeya cold brew coffee maker.” If you have room in your suitcase and you’re very serious about your coffee, you could bring ine if those along with a can of ground coffee and brew it in your fridge overnight. The only part that might be a hassle is cleaning out the used coffee grounds.