Curacao - Mega 2 berth (what's there?)

kokopelli-az

We will be on the Celebrity Equinox in a week, docking at Curacao's Mega Pier Terminal (Berth 2). Is there anything at this pier? How far to town or the floating bridge? Last time we were in Curacao we were docked very near the floating bridge, but I understand the Mega Pier is further away. (Hope it's an easy walk; one person will have a scooter.)

The Megapier is where alot of ships dock now. It is on the back side of the Renaissance hotel. There are "shops" set up at the pier under tents. It is maybe a 10 minute walk to the Queen Emma floating bridge through the Rif Fort- I see lots of cruisers with scooters going through the Rif Fort.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

There are now 2 berths for big cruise ships in Curacao. The (original) Mega Pier (which was considered fairly new) and the new-in-late-2017 Mega Pier 2 (aka Tula).

Pier 2 is just a bare pier. Construction is still being finished. It currently has a few tents on shore for meeting folks under. It has taxi and excursion start points. It is about a one-ship-length walk to the (original) Mega Pier. I believe it was fully paved or concreted between Mega 2 and Mega 1, so there should be no issues with a scooter.

https://www.baminternational.com/en/projects/mega-cruise-pier-ii-curacao

http://curacaochronicle.com/tag/mega-pier/

There are now 2 berths for big cruise ships in Curacao. The (original) Mega Pier (which was considered fairly new) and the new-in-late-2017 Mega Pier 2 (aka Tula).

Pier 2 is just a bare pier. Construction is still being finished. It currently has a few tents on shore for meeting folks under. It has taxi and excursion start points. It is about a one-ship-length walk to the (original) Mega Pier. I believe it was fully paved or concreted between Mega 2 and Mega 1, so there should be no issues with a scooter.

https://www.baminternational.com/en/projects/mega-cruise-pier-ii-curacao

http://curacaochronicle.com/tag/mega-pier/

Yes there are 2 berths there. When I have been in the port area with 2 ships in port at the Megapier, yes I live here, passengers from both ships were coming out of the same area towards the Renaissance hotel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry the rest of my previous replay did not post - not sure on this but if the passengers from Berth 2 are coming out the same way as Berth 1 passengers, then Berth 2 passengers should be able to shop at the tented area by Berth 1

Yes, I believe that berth 2 passengers can walk down to berth 1, either to shop there in the berth 1 "village", or continue walking on to the Rif Fort & Renaissance areas.

We left berth 2 directly via taxi with fairly little walking. But our return-to-ship taxi dropped us off at the "normal" entrance to berth 1. We walked the length of the berth 1 parking lot (past/thru the 3 round shopping shelters/tents), then we had the choice to continue walking down to berth 2 or there was a golf-cart shuttle that would assist folks to berth 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not worry about your person with the scooter as it is paved all the way. Short flat walk from the mega piers to the floating bridge. An easy port to DIY. Lots of tour vendors at the pier. If you’ve never been! Consider a brief 90 min island tour. The driver can drop you by the bridge and then you can spend time in town

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back an old post. I was wondering if anyone knows where Princess ships dock and if port-side balconies will have a view of the floating bridge? I know it's hard to know which side the ship will face but I wanted to see if maybe at this port there's a pattern. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, jujuyu211 said:

Sorry to bring back an old post. I was wondering if anyone knows where Princess ships dock and if port-side balconies will have a view of the floating bridge? I know it's hard to know which side the ship will face but I wanted to see if maybe at this port there's a pattern. Thanks!

Normally they are at the main pier or the Mega pier (same location) but it does depend on the number of ships in port.