Project Runway?

BlueHerons

...like this one from Joe.

rate_runway_joe_507.jpg

I thought this was totally hawt and cute. Could have been higher up in the the scores, but I think that it was all around really strong designs this week - so it was just a judge mood or personal preference on these.

He also just had immunity, so I think they wanted to give others (Leanne, Jerell) the recognition for once.

(Wow, we have nicer judging? Strong designs, or Nina being out sick? Coincidence?:confused:;))

Terri

rate_runway_terri_507.jpg

This was pretty amazing as well. The fabric manipulation on the pants was cool, and the fit all around was incredible.

I could have seen this in the top three as well.

I seeing more and more "bad witch" edits, so maybe we are going to get some more of the Korto vs. Terri show? (And that's not a bad thing)...

(Let's have Korto vs Terri with Leanne coming from behind to win it all!;))

Bottom three, and I'm going to disagree with the judges a bit here.

I'll explain.

These are definitely the bottom three. I don't 100% agree with the placement or the final decision based on the actual designs here.

I think there was also a problem in the fact that Laura did not have advantage of past work (so you now have two judges - half the panel - relying on whatever Michael and Heidi told them, and add that to the producer manipulations and pushes).

I know that it was edited to make Keith seem far worse than he was (he's nothing compared to Santino!), so that everyone would feel okay about his exit. They do want to hang onto Sleathah and Blayne as long as possible - for TV purposes.

Although it's just getting to be toss up now on who goes. We've got a couple of weeks of clearing out the cannon fodder first - with a couple of surprises. But it's now a lot of housecleaning time.;)

That being said here's Blayne's

rate_runway_blayne_507.jpg

Just didn't fit, and I don't think it ever could with the construction.

He probably actually needed his drag queen back in order to fill this out and "work it".:D

Stella

rate_runway_stella_507.jpg

So, Sleathah uses the one challenge that incorporates a lot of leather-like fabrics...

...to not use any of her normal style or strengths in the one challenge that was perfect for her. She should have stepped up with a signature rock and roll car leather something - and this was the challenge for her to blow everyone else away!

But no, she decides to use seatbelts :confused::eek: to show her "soft and feminine" side? Couldn't she wait until there was some soft and feminine fabric in a challenge to show that then?

I know that for some reason the judges really unnerved the contestants in the last panels - and this week it really affected both Sleathah and Keith.

They were so desperately just trying to please the judges, they both lost sight of themselves in the meantime.

Therefore this outfit is terrible. It's ugly, it's not cohesive. The top has nothing to do with the bottom - and as far as I'm concerned the fit on the skirt is far worse than Keith's.

So she lives to amuse us at least another week. But I think this was the aufing that should have been, at least for this week.:(

Keith is aufed!

rate_runway_keith_507.jpg

And I think he deserved another week. Look at this dress.

Better fit than Blayne's. Better cohesive design than Sleathah's.

This is nice. This is wearable. It actually has thought.

They've told him every week, stop doing fringe. Show us something else.

So he does, and they slam him.

You also don't realize two things at this point...

#1 They're getting exhausted from lack of sleep and stress.

#2 They are up there on the judging panel for way way way longer than we see. That conversation went on for a far longer time than we saw, before he "lost it". The judges "pushed" him, and the producers were waiting for it.

They did the same thing to Andre in Season Two, because it made for great TV. It's like police interrogation. Grill someone long enough under the hot and harsh lights, and you can get a blowup or breakdown.

He was not one of my favorites, but at the same time, he did not deserve that edit he got. They edited snippets to create something that really wasn't there.

At any rate, I think he deserved one more week.

But, I'm not massively calling "unfair", because as I said before - I think we're just cleaning house of the bottom feeders now to make way for the real talent battles coming up.

Expect quite a few really close decisions in the weeks coming up.

;)

It is a strong group.

There you go!

Comment away!

Thanks for your patience.

Is anyone other than me beginning to get vaguely annoyed with all the product tie-ins on the show now? I mean, we've already had one challenge with non-traditional materials (food) and to have another one -- with the hyping of Saturn -- was a bit much, even though the challenge results were very interesting and much better than the first time around. Between that and the "Blue-Fly" accessory wall.....

Yup! Commericals arent bad enough, we now have to sit through product placement announcements!

Though in all fairness, if Blue fly is donating all those accessories, they deserve mention. So that one never bothered me.

Using car parts was a silly challange and seems purely done to make Saturn happy.

Keith is aufed!

rate_runway_keith_507.jpg

And I think he deserved another week. Look at this dress.

Better fit than Blayne's. Better cohesive design than Sleathah's.

This is nice. This is wearable. It actually has thought.

They've told him every week, stop doing fringe. Show us something else.

So he does, and they slam him.

You also don't realize two things at this point...

#1 They're getting exhausted from lack of sleep and stress.

#2 They are up there on the judging panel for way way way longer than we see. That conversation went on for a far longer time than we saw, before he "lost it". The judges "pushed" him, and the producers were waiting for it.

They did the same thing to Andre in Season Two, because it made for great TV. It's like police interrogation. Grill someone long enough under the hot and harsh lights, and you can get a blowup or breakdown.

He was not one of my favorites, but at the same time, he did not deserve that edit he got. They edited snippets to create something that really wasn't there.

At any rate, I think he deserved one more week.

But, I'm not massively calling "unfair", because as I said before - I think we're just cleaning house of the bottom feeders now to make way for the real talent battles coming up.

Expect quite a few really close decisions in the weeks coming up.

;)

It is a strong group.

There you go!

Comment away!

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the pix! You're the best!

I agree with you that Sleatha picked the wrong time to show her feminine side.

And I know what you mean by the excess brow beating and grilling and then showing us snippets. VERY unfair of the producers. I don't like being played for a stooge.

However, I do have to say that I really hated this piece of Keith's. It was ugly, uninspiring and not well made.

While I'm glad he decided to do something without fringes, this wasn't it. I thought it was a mess and while a few of his pieces were "ok", I just never thought he had talent.

I'm glad Laura was there, but Rachael Zoe? Ugh! Not qualified, in my opinion. Bring back Miss Sandra B!

Does anyone else think that Korta goes for an Asian feel in her designs? Just an interesting aside.

And, quit hating on the product placements, please! Without advertising (my biz, BTW) none of this is possible. Yes, it is cable (which you pay for), but advertising picks up most of the bill. We want to reach you. Why are Saturn car parts any worse than grocery items? Or stuff from the dump? Or a dress for Miss USA for the Miss Universe competition? Get over it!

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system. Without advertising there would be almost no TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, or websites. Even public TV and radio have a version of advertising (called sponsorships -- just like the early days of TV).

Don't hate the people that make all this possible!

Seabunny: of course, advertising is expected and pays the bills...but the time for advertising is during the commercial breaks in the show--or maybe a mention just before a commercial break...I am so used to it, though, that it doesn't bother me; however, I can see where it would aggravate some viewers

I don't get an opportunity to watch this ..But with CJW's reports I feel like I do .. great job.

Seabunny .. heck advertising is just a part of life . remember reeces pieces in ET ??? .. Not a problem unless it is tooo prominently a part of the show instead of the commercials.. I haven't seen this so I don't know if that is the case .. but I know people make a huge fuss about the coke glasses on the judges desk at American Idol .. and I never noticed them until I heard about the fuss.. so I guess it works on different people different ways.

I do think Korto ( is that right) has an asian influence but personally I can see my self wearing most of those designs. Jerell is growing on me though.

Seabunny: of course, advertising is expected and pays the bills...but the time for advertising is during the commercial breaks in the show--or maybe a mention just before a commercial break...I am so used to it, though, that it doesn't bother me; however, I can see where it would aggravate some viewers

Yes, exactly. I don't mind commercials (and if I recall Saturn already has at least 1 ad during each commercial break, including one really lengthy one where they ask a designer from a previous season to design something "inspired" by whatever Saturn car they are promoting....) but to have a Saturn spokesperson actually on the show touting how wonderful and "green" their cars are......well, it's a bit much.

Does anyone else think that Korta goes for an Asian feel in her designs? Just an interesting aside.

And, quit hating on the product placements, please! Without advertising (my biz, BTW) none of this is possible. Yes, it is cable (which you pay for), but advertising picks up most of the bill. We want to reach you. Why are Saturn car parts any worse than grocery items? Or stuff from the dump? Or a dress for Miss USA for the Miss Universe competition? Get over it!

Sorry. Just had to get that out of my system. Without advertising there would be almost no TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, or websites. Even public TV and radio have a version of advertising (called sponsorships -- just like the early days of TV).

I don't :)

I just record it on DVR and fast forward through the stuff! In my car, it's CD's only, never the radio.

Although, I am pretty much out of the loop when it comes to advertised products now :p

I don't

I just record it on DVR and fast forward through the stuff! In my car, it's CD's only, never the radio.

Although, I am pretty much out of the loop when it comes to advertised products now

LOL. I do the same thing! (Do listen to NPR, tho.) We only stop for a commercial if it catches our eye in FF. The only exception is the Super Bowl, when we FF the game and watch the commercials (we're not sports fans).

Saturn has been giving winners cars for ages on PR and using that in their commercials. I'm surprised it took this long to come up with an in-show tie in.

The reason that TV producers love reality shows is that they don't have to pay the talent/actors....unlike, say a show like Friends, or Sex in the City, or Raymond where you have a cast of characters whom all get paid big bucks!

Mood donates the fabric, Blue Sky donates the accessories, The Atlas donates the living quarters, Parsons donates the working space, and the "stars" of the show, the actors and the models don't get a dime.

Pay is for Tim, Nina and Michael and the crew, and it's a pittance compared to what actors in network shows make. The cost of this show is teeny compared to network shows where there is not product placement.

So the cry of "they need the money" doesn't cut it for me. :D

Just as an aside, when cable TV first came out, they PROMISED, that although the viewer would now pay to watch television, there would be NO commercials. That was their big carrot to calm the hysterical who thought that the concept of paying to watch television was absurd.

But now, even those that don't want to watch cable, can't even watch network without paying for a cable box. :(

LOL. I do the same thing! (Do listen to NPR, tho.) We only stop for a commercial if it catches our eye in FF. The only exception is the Super Bowl, when we FF the game and watch the commercials (we're not sports fans).

Same here. Superbowl commericals are more interesing to me than the superbowl.

Saturn has been giving winners cars for ages on PR and using that in their commercials. I'm surprised it took this long to come up with an in-show tie in.

I agree. But I thought they could have some up with a better challange for the Saturn tie-in plug.

The reason that TV producers love reality shows is that they don't have to pay the talent/actors....unlike, say a show like Friends, or Sex in the City, or Raymond where you have a cast of characters whom all get paid big bucks!

Mood donates the fabric, Blue Sky donates the accessories, The Atlas donates the living quarters, Parsons donates the working space, and the "stars" of the show, the actors and the models don't get a dime.

Pay is for Tim, Nina and Michael and the crew, and it's a pittance compared to what actors in network shows make. The cost of this show is teeny compared to network shows where there is not product placement.

So the cry of "they need the money" doesn't cut it for me.

I shouldn't have started this. sorry.

Really? So what does Tim mean when he says you have a budget of....? Is it just a guideline for the designers?

Just curious :D

Yes. It's a guideline so they don't go overboard with the buying and learn how to work within a budget.