Project Runway?

BlueHerons

There is no real 2nd, 3rd, 4th here, so I'll put them in my order.

Leanne (Scorpio) partner is Emily.

rate_509_leanne.jpg

A sculptural "exoskeleton" around a soft inside dress - representing the hard outside and soft inside of a scorpion.

Easily a winner here, but she's not as much as a showman as Jerell.

And I suppose they can't really give her three in a row, and she had immunity anyway.

As I've been calling it for weeks now, she is really using the show and advice from Tim to grow into her potential. I look forward to her work in the long term as a designer.

Joe (Aires) partner is Daniel

rate_509_joe.jpg

What I think is cool about this one, is that it's actually separates.

It's a skirt, a bustier, and a jacket, and yet it all looks like one complete full length gown.

Aires is a fire sign, so this is fire going up the dress.

Very successful, and I like it. I really like the proportions on the skirt. But, I'm not sure how much of this is really Daniel and not Joe. It looks much more like Daniel, or maybe they just really worked well together and Joe really listened and took suggestions and ideas from Daniel (unlike some others who did not play well together - ahem).

Korto (Aquarius) with partner Kelli

rate_509_korto.jpg

And I really wish we could see the back here, as it was the best part.

A beautiful sculptural cascade of fabric that looked both like a waterfall and air swirling.

Note how we didn't see Kelli after a while in the edits?

One part of the drama, is that she got really sick so Korto was left to do everything construction-wise herself.

So the dress wasn't even her full vision.

And yet, she's still in the top!

There's some non-complaining for ya!

Kenley (Aquarius) with Wesley

rate_509_kenley.jpg

Well, she followed the colors that it said represented Aquarius.

And it is "out there". So she gets points for taking risks.

But, the top and bottom aren't even cohesive to me.

Look at the difference in how Jerell used all the different trims to make all his different fabrics become cohesive.

That's not here.

Then she loses it in front of the judges, and yet - they save her?

Huh?

Producer manipulation was going on big time in this episode's judging.

At least it's not boring, it is somewhat avant garde, and it is wearable.

Terri (Leo) with Keith is auffed!

rate_509_terri.jpg

And it's her bad attitude that does it.

Way worse behavior and fighting with Keith (we didn't see the worst of it).

Bad design, she really fell on this one.

Karma came back and slapped her hard, because Keith really could have helped her on this one.

How is this not the perfect time to use Keith's strips and pieces techniques to represent fire or lion manes in an avante garde way?

Duh! Terri. Duh!

Instead she originally uses faux fur (costume, boring, obvious) then tries to fix it with that leftover plastic red stuff.

As much as I love her past designs, the producers really had enough!

Bad witch indeed!

PS The Producers also like their winners to be somewhat "grateful", and she already thought she was too good for the show - and her winning was a foregone conclusion in her mind.

Blayne (Libra) with Stella is also aufed!

rate_509_blayne.jpg

In a surprise double elimination. I knew and heard that there was going to be a double elimination, but I thought that they were teaming the remaining designers together (so one team of two would be off).

I thought I got bad info, but now that I saw the show it makes sense.

At any rate, what can we say about Blayne and his outfit - except Bye-licious!

But, I thought Sleathah was really supportive and adorable.

That's it for now!

Comment away!

Looking at the picture of Joe's design and remembering Heidi's comments abut Kenley's low boobs -- Heidi was dissing the wrong dress.

Unlike a lot of you guys, I like both Kenley and Terri. Terri has been robbed a couple of times IMHO. And Kenley's esthetic -- while totally not mine -- is fascinating and works better than expected.

Stella was just as nice as can be. I really came to love Stella the person, though not her clothes.

Re avante garde: Is that even really possible in fashion, where it is about commerce as much as anything? It's not like people purchase a fashion to put on display, like a painting. If they do, it's usually vintage.

Fashion may just be too constrictive a creative outlet to really be avante garde. It was telling that Kors said the top half of Kenley's dress looked like one designer and the bottom another. Yet, it was outrageous to us.

Just musing here.

I preferred both Joe's and Leanne's creations to Jerrell's...I would have chosen Leanne first, followed by Joe...Korto and Jerrell were a tie in my judgment

Blayne's last place finish was one of the most justifiable so far...design-wise, I thought Suede should have been voted off before Terri...I think Terri was voted off purely because of her attitude

Kenley was right in the middle--neither good nor truly bad

any ideas about next week's challenge?

So CJW, can't you spill any more details about the edited "behind-the-scenes" drama? We need the scoop!!!!:D

At least Kenley did listen to Heidi and make some changes to her dress. Maybe that's what saved her. I was truly not fond of her design (or her stubborn attitude!) for this one. I do agree she's done some nice work in the past -- but so has Terry.

I preferred both Joe's and Leanne's creations to Jerrell's...I would have chosen Leanne first, followed by Joe...Korto and Jerrell were a tie in my judgment

Blayne's last place finish was one of the most justifiable so far...design-wise, I thought Suede should have been voted off before Terri...I think Terri was voted off purely because of her attitude

Kenley was right in the middle--neither good nor truly bad

any ideas about next week's challenge?

I think Blayne should have been removed after the horrible diaper thing he made on episode one.

I think Korto has been robbed twice; the drag queen episode and the seatbelt coat.

So Jennifer Lopez was supposed to be the guest judge for the finale, but has cancelled due to a "foot issue."

So the new "guest" judge for the finale is....TIM GUNN!!!

I also just saw this on the internet. Did anybody tell J.Lo that she didn't have to actually WALK the runway???? :confused: All she has to do is sit in the chair??? Can't quite figure out how a foot injury would impact that, but anyway, I'm glad Tim will be there; I wish we could see more of him on the show anyway.

I also just saw this on the internet. Did anybody tell J.Lo that she didn't have to actually WALK the runway???? :confused: All she has to do is sit in the chair??? Can't quite figure out how a foot injury would impact that, but anyway, I'm glad Tim will be there; I wish we could see more of him on the show anyway.

My guess is that she just hurt her foot which prevented her from making it to the runway show in Bryant Park - maybe it's in a cast or the doctor told her to stay off it for a few days. (Or maybe she's just playing diva again).

I just watched the show last night with my daughter.

The only thing that would have made the show any better for me was if they would have tossed Jerrell as well. I almost came out of my chair when they announced he won the challenge.

Seeing the former contestants just reminded me how much talent was tossed out before the really bad work was recognized for what it is.

The Bravo web site has photos posted from today's runway show from all the contestants. Don't go there if you don't want to know, but from looking at them, my vote is for Leeann.

I would agree. And when I was looking at Suede's collection, I kept wondering "How did Keith get back in the competition?" :rolleyes: