Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Probably, just thought it was a bit two-faced.

May have been but it's the first time she's kept her mouth shut.;)

Definitely agreed with the top 3 and how they were basically ranked and with who they sent home, would've switched how the other two were ranked though.

I agree with the way things went down. However, can't say that I care for Heidi's "look".

I'm rather bored with Gretchen's racer back on many of her clothes. Isn't that rather passe'? Guess I just never cared for the racer back at anytime.

Much ado about nobody ... Ivy is doing herself no favors either .. she is a good seamstress but not a good enough designer to do that and I was disappointed in April for backing her up. Oh well .. drama was probably needed about now

Since I work at home, I pretty much live in comfy knits (ok sweats) and I did like some of the designs. I did think that Andy won this .. but I question April's lingerie for this line... move on from that look April!

I like a couple of Mondo's pieces as well.

Christopher is not memorable .. he never seemed to stand out in the crowd and I actually had to go back a look to see what he has done in the past..the orangeman was right about how cheap these looked.

Oh and .. I miss Cassanova .. that smile and his attitude was great last night!

I think that was an inappropriate challenge: make clothes that look like my drab, boring line (OK, maybe if I'd had more time to study Heidi's line, I might have felt different -- nah, probably not). Great plug for Heidi's line, terrible challenge for the final 6. These folks are supposed to be doing their thing, not Heidi's. I think April came closest to staying true to herself.

Totally agreed with the judges decisions. Andy and Mondo were close, but it wouldn't do to have Mondo win three times in a row. And Andy did do some awesome sewing.

I can't really remember anything about Christopher's clothes. Did he ever have a win?

Ivy? What a b****.

Gretchen? What a busybody, know-it-all.

Heidi? What a diva.

As a big bodacious woman, I could totally have worn everything Mondo made, tho. Wish they were out there to buy.

Any one know what Mondo's name really is? Surely he's not named "World War?" LOL

I think that was an inappropriate challenge: make clothes that look like my drab, boring line (OK, maybe if I'd had more time to study Heidi's line, I might have felt different -- nah, probably not).

Her new line is on Amazon today and drab is right .. don't like it at all

I just read a lot of your book blog and it is wonderful. As a huge reader myself I must say i agree with many of your reviews (probably why I found it so entertaining !) I got a Kindle last year and I am finding it has opened up a whole new array of authors through the "free" books section. They are often a debut author (who will be on there for a few days and then on the buy it list) or the last book my an author that is coming out with something new or a who knows why its on there book .. but at the price of free I am really broadening my reading horizens! I have bookmarked your blog and will be watching it from now on :)

I just read a lot of your book blog and it is wonderful. As a huge reader myself I must say i agree with many of your reviews (probably why I found it so entertaining !) I got a Kindle last year and I am finding it has opened up a whole new array of authors through the "free" books section. They are often a debut author (who will be on there for a few days and then on the buy it list) or the last book my an author that is coming out with something new or a who knows why its on there book .. but at the price of free I am really broadening my reading horizens! I have bookmarked your blog and will be watching it from now on :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Then on top of it, when someone says they're "done talking" it's a dead giveaway that they have no real basis for any accusations. What was that business of Gretchen talking on the QT to Michael C after all she's said about him? She should have been AUFED for her attitude alone, which was the worst tonight.

I agree about the attitude - I would have preferred to see her go than Christopher (not that I like his line at all, either) and I really thought she might, after the attitude she gave Heidi. Do we think maybe the judges are keeping her around for ratings, since virtually all the show's viewers hate her?

As for her talking to Michael C., though - I think it's just a case of hating Ivy more than she dislikes Michael C. I get that. It doesn't mean she isn't two-faced, I'm just saying, I think that might have been her motivation.

Oh and .. I miss Cassanova .. that smile and his attitude was great last night!

OMG, I know... design aesthetic aside, wouldn't it be great to just hang out with him?

I think that was an inappropriate challenge: make clothes that look like my drab, boring line (OK, maybe if I'd had more time to study Heidi's line, I might have felt different -- nah, probably not). Great plug for Heidi's line, terrible challenge for the final 6. These folks are supposed to be doing their thing, not Heidi's. I think April came closest to staying true to herself.

Totally agreed with the judges decisions. Andy and Mondo were close, but it wouldn't do to have Mondo win three times in a row. And Andy did do some awesome sewing.

I can't really remember anything about Christopher's clothes. Did he ever have a win?

Ivy? What a b****.

Gretchen? What a busybody, know-it-all.

Heidi? What a diva.

As a big bodacious woman, I could totally have worn everything Mondo made, tho. Wish they were out there to buy.

Any one know what Mondo's name really is? Surely he's not named "World War?" LOL

As usual, I agree with everything you said. Except I'm pretty sure Mondo DID win three times in a row, and last night would have made four if he'd won... that would have been really insane. I actually liked his line better than Andy's, but I liked Andy's designs as well, so I'm not unhappy with the results.

I actually really liked April's looks, but not for what the challenge was - they looked like neither activewear nor anything that would sell on Amazon. I'd like to see the first look made from a dressier fabric for an evening dress.

Heidi is horrible. I can't believe how she talked about Mondo's "attitude" after she was so incredibly nasty to him. The way Heidi dealt with Gretchen - that was constructive criticism, actually more of a suggestion, and Gretchen got all crazy. The way she dealt with Mondo was just plain mean, and his reaction, although far from ideal, was understandable - and was actually gracious compared to Gretchen's.

Edited by Princess422
typo

I've been browsing and enjoying SeaBunny's book blog too! There's a lot there, so I have it bookmarked so I can keep coming back to it. I am looking forward to reading Super Sad True Love Story - what a great review. And I've been wanting to read Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities for a while now, but it's not yet available on my Nook, but I'm waiting to see if it pops up because I'd rather get the ebook than buy a hard copy.

That was totally OT, so to bring it back :D - have read Tim Gunn's new book yet? I think it looks pretty good, not solely about fashion but also about life, and manners, as I understand it.

Just looked at Andy's cute little dress on Amazon and it looks terrible there! She should have gotten him to do the styling as well as the design.

After someone on the show mentioned Andy's things looking a little Halloweenish all I see are skeletons and I can't get beyond that.:p

Few of her clothes look worth the money to me.

FEW???:D

Edited by iheartbda

Interesting goings on this week here in Portland. Seth Aaron, Jay Sario and Jonathan Joseph Peters will all be showing collections at Fashion Week.

http://www.oregonlive.com/living/index.ssf/2010/10/a_solar_power_theme_is_the_bac.html

Not sure if I will get there Saturday night or not but I do know there will be video available so I will post it here next week.

Would love to see the show if you can post it. Thanks! I think Seth Aaron is a fabulous designer and would love to see what he's up to.

I take issue with the writer of this article.....

>>>>>But let's crack open that mossy stereotype and let in a breath of fresh air: Portland is home to a busy, growing community of fashion-conscious, do-it-yourself designers, and has been for years. That scene has gained national attention, thanks to Portlanders and a Vancourverite competing in recent years on the cable fashion design show, "Project Runway." <<<<<<<

DO IT YOURSELF DESIGNERS???

What are they in her opinion, little homemakers who stay at home and whip up a skirt in order to save money?

Could the writer of the article insult these designers any more? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Edited by Jane110

do it yourself designers???

What are they in her opinion, little homemakers who stay at home and whip up a skirt in order to save money?

Could the writer of the article insult these designers any more? Not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

lmao!

If that's the case, than at one time I was a fashion designer. Maybe I was famous and didn't even know it.:D:D:p:D:D

Would love to see the show if you can post it. Thanks! I think Seth Aaron is a fabulous designer and would love to see what he's up to.

I take issue with the writer of this article.....

>>>>>But let's crack open that mossy stereotype and let in a breath of fresh air: Portland is home to a busy, growing community of fashion-conscious, do-it-yourself designers, and has been for years. That scene has gained national attention, thanks to Portlanders and a Vancourverite competing in recent years on the cable fashion design show, "Project Runway." <<<<<<<

It's not a video .. but at the bottom of this you will find pictures of all the designs from the 4 past PR contestants (didn't realize that Gordana was showing as well)

http://pdxneatsheet.com/neat-event/portland-fashion-week-photos-seth-aaron-henderson-solarworld-collection-closing-night-preview-pdxneatsheet-2010/

It's not a video .. but at the bottom of this you will find pictures of all the designs from the 4 past PR contestants (didn't realize that Gordana was showing as well)

http://pdxneatsheet.com/neat-event/portland-fashion-week-photos-seth-aaron-henderson-solarworld-collection-closing-night-preview-pdxneatsheet-2010/

Great, thanks so much Kathy.

We stopped in NYC en route to Europe in late August, and discovered our hotel was across the street from the Atlas, and a block from Mood Fabrics. So to escape the heat we visited Mood (everything and more...) and then happened to see Casanova texting someone furiously near Times Square. A very PR day in Manhattan...

Mood:

20100816_12a.JPG

Casanova at Times Square:

20100816_44b.JPG

Trip report on Fodors: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/trip-report-fringe-movements.cfm

More photos: http://gardyloo.us/August%202010.htm

How did I never notice this thread before? :o

Did anyone else enjoy Ivy losing again vicariously through Christopher?

And GO MONDO!

Even though his fashions aren't my style, I think he is incredibly talented and has a warm refreshing humility

How did I never notice this thread before? :o

Did anyone else enjoy Ivy losing again vicariously through Christopher?

So much so that I question whether I can still consider myself to be a "nice" person. ;)

I loved how Cassanova told Gretchen she should lose the weird biker shorts (she refused) and then they tore her apart for them.

Evil thought one .. Ivy must be fit to be tied now that Michael C is showing at Fashion Week ..

Evil thought two .. Really ???? Gretchen ??? How ??? Why ???

My happy thoughts .. I just don't see how Mondo can lose .. he is so much more creative than the others.

April .. now we have a lingerie like look that only Cruella De Ville would wear if she knew no one was going to see her

Andy .. edgy but still the same as everything else he has done

Gretchen .. just say no

Michael C .. wearable if you are young and daring enough .. make that back with a little more coverage and it would work on a cruise

Mondo .. I like him better when he does color but I still would wear that in a heartbeat.