Project Runway?

BlueHerons

First there's the fact that "models on stilts" is exactly what designer's sketches usually look like. hahaha

Then the usual drama and foolishness that comes from pairs.

And obviously some of the models really knew what they were doing on stilts and others looked like escapees from The Labyrinth.

Then Kim Kardashian. What?? And when she said -- (roughly) It looks like when they made clothes out of the curtains and bedspread in The Sound of Music in the Elizabethan era. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She got it wrong 3 different ways. Dope.

Oh, and there was nothing Victorian about Viktor and Bert made. It was strictly 1776 farthingale time.

Joshua made the most insightful comment of the show when he noted that the costumes were all in the bottom and the ready-to-wear was in the top.

I watched both the preview and the first episode. I thought a couple of the "unremarkable" designs were actually the best.... Becky and Victor did cute little dresses that really looked like they could be bought in a store.

A couple of designers who's samples I liked were axed in the first four but sometimes my opinion is way off the judges'.

I actually didn't like Anthony's skirt at all..... changing from feathers to that block of lace didn't eliminate the whole "pubic" image that Tim warned him about.

Either way I am happy the show is starting again.

love your avitar under your name. where did you find it ??

Models on stilts. And whose bright idea was this? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really couldn't understand the "love" for the design with the chiffon pants and blouse with the "bedazzled" collar. Looked very matronly to me....

I didn't think any of them hit it out of the ballpark. Bert behaved obnoxiously (IMO); too bad the other guy got called out for it. :confused:

Hopefully we will get back to something resembling "fashion" this week.

Models on stilts. And whose bright idea was this? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really couldn't understand the "love" for the design with the chiffon pants and blouse with the "bedazzled" collar. Looked very matronly to me....

I didn't think any of them hit it out of the ballpark. Bert behaved obnoxiously (IMO); too bad the other guy got called out for it. :confused:

Hopefully we will get back to something resembling "fashion" this week.

im with you. that pair of pants and blue shirt was hidious. why they thought it was so great went way over my head. bert better get into the 21st century or he will be '' auuufffttt ''. too me the best ones this yr are the girl that admitted she just started sewing 4 months ago and the one that won this week. i really like their stuff so far. i think this year heidi might be grasping for things for the designers too do. good news though, she isnt pregnant yet. wow, she can pop them out and stil have a great body. what will be new on the show next is the big question though . i cant wait too see it this week :D

Edited by dustyroad

I agree that the chiffon pants were drab.... especially in that color. I am thinking they scored high points because they seemed to mask the stilts the best. The winner did happen to be my favorite though, if I could say any of them was my favorite, I agree that the Parisian design was the best.

I agree that the chiffon pants were drab.... especially in that color. I am thinking they scored high points because they seemed to mask the stilts the best. The winner did happen to be my favorite though, if I could say any of them was my favorite, I agree that the Parisian design was the best.

Agree about the chiffon pants. YAWN. Maybe they looked better in person.

No comments yet about the Nina Garcia episode?

I absolutely loved the dress Heidi wore in the opening of that show. LOVED IT.

Designing for Nina turned out to be an exercise in boredom. The winner did a very good job, however. Nina did not look very likable, did she?

I think the producers are hiding Oliver in the middle of the pack on purpose. Not that I'm in love with him (besides his too-cute face), but he's been pretty unseen/unheard from. That leads me to think he's going to go far.

Anyone have candidates for the top designers?

Actually I thought some of the unremarkables should have been in the lower 3.... Oliver's looked like she was wearing a heating pad and Joshua 's model resembled a super hero or video game character. Still, the hideous award rightly went to Julie, who'd also been in the bottom 3 twice before so they really had little choice.

The winner made no sense to me.... Nina said she liked basic, understated tones so I don't know how the gold lame managed to win, though I do think the top was sharp and well made.

Too early for me to have an opinion on the top designer, even for my own taste and I haven't really warmed up to anyone's style yet.

And I agree that Heidi's dress was totally cool!

I dont remember Heidi's dress, so I must not have been that impressed.

I was fairly disappointed with the challenge, but Nina has never seemed to me to be all that fashionable in her own personal clothing. Well dressed, yes, but not so much fashion forward. She knows fashion, I like her opinions, yet when I think of her I don't think of anything other than a basic black outfit.

She's just not a stand out like Heidi.

No one stands out for me yet, I want to like Oliver, but he hasn't blown me away yet, no one has. Let's hope for great things to come!

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that I thought the last couple of challenges have yielded some pretty lacklustre efforts. I've been pretty indifferent to most of them, and also annoyed at all the "personality" edits. (Enough already, your core audience is watching for the fashion, not the "reality show" theatrics).

However, last night the team challenge blew me away. Well, one team's results did -- Team Chaos. Was their stuff good, or what?? Loved, loved, loved the long dress and also the beautiful jacket. Really liked the short dress too. Even the shorts were cute though the top paired with them wasn't all that.

With the other team, I'm not sure if it was the poor decisions made re: the prints or the personalities, but their stuff was un-awesome.

Still, this did give me some hope that we might see some better clothes in upcoming challenges.

I agree about the reality show theatrics.... in fact they seem to be doing a lot more "team challenges" just to stir up drama. It looks almost like Burt is supposed to be a male Wendy Pepper of sorts, partially there to create some conflict.

My favorite was Oliver's jacket also, and I was sure either he or Anthony Ryan's gown were going to win....maybe they chose a tiebreaker since they couldn't decide.

I hope the challenges stay back in the higher spot they are in now, I agree that the last two have been yawners. Also, I am getting tired of challenges for Heidi.... I know they like putting her in the work room but enough already.

The drama is boring. I didn't fast forward through it because I wanted to see if (is his name Joshua?) had anything meaningful to say. He didn't he was just having a temper tantrum. Fortunately he got over it, albeit with a dramatic apology. The joining of the hands scene I thought they may have broken into kumbaya at the end. I am in admiration of Tim Gunn to recognize and try to break the tension with the group. Or perhaps the producers staged it, who knows?

I thought the winning team had some great clothes and other than the shorts outfit, I could see it all in department stores. But wait...aren't we supposed to be seeing runway designs on this show? I liked Anthony's design the best, with a few tweaks (slightly longer skirt) I would wear that.

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say that I thought the last couple of challenges have yielded some pretty lacklustre efforts. I've been pretty indifferent to most of them, and also annoyed at all the "personality" edits. (Enough already, your core audience is watching for the fashion, not the "reality show" theatrics).

However, last night the team challenge blew me away. Well, one team's results did -- Team Chaos. Was their stuff good, or what?? Loved, loved, loved the long dress and also the beautiful jacket. Really liked the short dress too. Even the shorts were cute though the top paired with them wasn't all that.

With the other team, I'm not sure if it was the poor decisions made re: the prints or the personalities, but their stuff was un-awesome.

Still, this did give me some hope that we might see some better clothes in upcoming challenges.

My jaw dropped when Team Chaos took the runway. They did a true show that really worked together. And they were very smart -- their prints were really little more than textures. which made them much easier to work with. I felt like Anya did deserve to win. That dress was really special plus she came up with the kaliedescope (sp) idea. A gown is usually going to out shine a short dress. And, while Oliver's jacket was stunning, it was the one piece that looked out of place to me.

But Joshua should have gone! If only for his overarching decisions re theme, prints, etc. Not to mention the print he personally developed.

I am not a Bert hater, I feel bad for him. As the only player substantially older, he came in with a major target on his back. Plus, he strikes me as still very much in grieving for his partner. Studies have shown (and reality shows confirm) that younger folks will automatically be against older ones. He's closed out and not doing anything to make it better -- that we're seeing at least. Fashion wise -- he's sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes neither.

I'm starting to like the level headed Kimberly for the long run. Subject to shange, of course.

Thank goodness for computer episodes. finally caught up.

Joshua totally redeemed himself. Loved that dress. Also loved Viktor's.

I do get po'd when designers start complaining about designing for real women. They were pretty lucky with this lot, tho.

Oliver seemed to have a lot of "deer in the head lights" moments.

I have to say that when you think about this program, these guys are probably turning out some of the worst looks of their lives -- no time to think, no time to shop for materials (I can't speak to the budget being lousy or not), no time to experiment, no time for proper construction. Frankly, it's rather amazing they turn out stuff as good as they do.

And I'm now having doubts about Kimberly. Anya seems to be be the only likely final three candidate.

I was totally underwhelmed by the whole episode. Personally, I thought Anya should have gone for her awful sewing skills, sorry, I didn't care for her "win" dress from the week prior, either. I'm just not as impressed with her as other people seem to be. No one has come to the forefront as yet for me, fairly boring season so far.

I know what you mean about Bert, but he just doesn't seem to be trying to get along with anyone. Some older contestants have come to the game with good attitude, think of Sweet Pea and Peach. While I understand grief all too well, you cannot have it affect your everyday life and your work. I don't dislike him, I do think other contestants have been picking on him a bit. Especially Joshua and Anthony Ryan...but I do have to state the producers always edit the show for maximum drama. Tired of it, let's move onto another back story, or better yet, let's see some real design work for a change ;).

Edited by Happy ks
too many comma's

It was an odd episode and an odd challenge. It would be nice of the producers to throw them a challenge once in a while that was actually within their realm of prior experience.....:rolleyes: Does someone at Lifetime have a vested interest in promoting the Sheepdogs?

As far as the designers go, I'd put Laura and Viktor among the top. Possibly Anthony Ryan, although he's kind of "off again/on again". Ultimately I think they'll oust Joshua due to his inability to edit himself enough.