Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Curt,

Thank you so much for posting Malan's photos!!! Wonderful stuff!

I always liked his designs alot and this show was great. There's alot there for retailers to buy and alot of interesting things for the magazines to editorialize with.

Note to all............

The Runway show is NOT EXACTLY what you'll see in the stores. First of all, stores pick and choose which ones they want. Then hemlines are lowered, necklines are raised and see through things might be lined.

So don't take Runway looks and think the same thing is going to be in the stores, it's not! Designs are modified so they can be worn in public.

Wow! Malan's show rocks! Thanks, Curt, for sharing.

Do any of you know where to get an eyeful of Jay's collection?

Re the reunion show...

It did depress me that all those designers seemed not to understand a lot of what Tim said. The first rule in any creative occupation is to feed your head. The more you stuff in there, the more you have to draw on.

Keith is an utter jerk. He couldn't even keep his story straight. First it was not in the contract, then the producers confiscated and later planted the books. He could have used this opportunity to say he blew it, or didn't read the contract closely, or something "mitigating." He just made himself look worse.

I would love to own the top Uli wore.

Just another 30 minutes and we'll see who is crowned the winner of season 3! :D

Hi Bsan:) we won't find out the season 3 winner until

next Wednesday. Tonite is Part I......next week is

THE FINALE......we all have to wait......

Really? I thought the winner is scheduled to be announced next week. Of course, with all the reruns maybe I already saw the first part of the finale and am just spinning around confused in re-run world.

Golfergal, we were posting at the same time;)

You didn't miss part I...it is tonite. And you are correct,

Part II is next week with the winner coming on that show.

Really? I thought the winner is scheduled to be announced next week. Of course, with all the reruns maybe I already saw the first part of the finale and am just spinning around confused in re-run world.

Golfergal, we were posting at the same time;)

You didn't miss part I...it is tonite. And you are correct,

Part II is next week with the winner coming on that show.

Tell me YOU'RE KIDDING!

No, not kidding...TV guide had it printed that the Season

Finale is a 2 part episode.

I can't remember where else I read it or heard it...but I

have known for quite a while the season doesn't end tonite.

One more week for all of us.

Hope you are not mad I posted that:confused:

I don't know if he did the work or not. I can say that I wasn't that impressed with the photos of his clothes from fashion week, especially the green and white striped dress, but when I saw it close up on tonight's episode I was very impressed with the details on it.

I hope it truly is a case of jealousy and not cheating. The other contestants were right, he didn't really have that great of sewing skills in the challenges (I'm talking about the actual sewing itself) so it is kind of funny that he can turn out that many perfectly sewn garments.

(And wrp96 keep checking on "my thread")...

Here is the deal...

Jeffrey WON two challenges in a row based on his hand sewing skills...

#1 He won the "design your own outfit for you jet-setting", and the reason that he won that (just slightly) over Michael that week, is that the sewing and construction was "immaculate" in person...

#2 He won the "Haute Coture" challenge right after that...

Haute Coture means "High Sewing", so it was supremely based on how well they hand sewed, and again, in person, Jeffrey's outfit was above and beyond anyone else's in the hand sewing and construction capacity.

This is all a "manipulation" by Project Runway producers, and editors to give you a "cliff-hanger" for next week...

He already showed (and showed well) at Olympus Fashion Week...

If there was an "actual" problem that the producers found, he would not have shown.

It's all a bunch of "false/editing" to give more dramatics...

Just sayin'

CJW;)

Good morning,

The concept of live television and keeping the viewers watching.

Well, they must have found something because they had

a "clip" of next week at the end of last night's show....Tim told

the 4 of them something and you could see Jeffrey crying in

Uli's arms......:rolleyes:.

So for television they made up all the dramatics.....and he

did make it anyway?

Why am I not surprised?

"It's all a bunch of "false/editing" to give more dramatics...

Just sayin'"

Good morning,

The concept of live television and keeping the viewers watching.

Well, they must have found something because they had

a "clip" of next week at the end of last night's show....Tim told

the 4 of them something and you could see Jeffrey crying in

Uli's arms......:rolleyes:.

So for television they made up all the dramatics.....and he

did make it anyway?

Why am I not surprised?

"It's all a bunch of "false/editing" to give more dramatics...

Just sayin'"

His crying could go either way: he was relieved he was found innocent, or he was ashamed and devastated that he was found guilty and knows he's out now.

I'm just a little concerned that he had NOTHING to do and all the other contestants were working like "working ants" trying to finish up. He was completely finished, which lends credibility to what Laura said. Also, remember they said he had said he was busy working on his personal line too while he was completing his collection.

So I don't know about Jeffrey. A part of me wants it to be true because I don't really like him, but him breaking down crying lends much to the imagination.

We will see next week.

For the third straight week I fell asleep during PR. Looking forward to the re-run, which I'm sure will run over and over and over until next week. I HATE secrets so keep posting!
LOL, Terri you're gonna have to change your User name to the Disney character "Sleepy." (Hey I may have to start a "Snow White and Seven Dwarfs" off topic thread.)

I probably stay up way too late to be healthy. ;)

So who do you all think will win? They have such big hopes for Michael, and I agree his work this whole season was really good. But, what little we saw last night didn't impress me. Maybe he will improve with each one as they come out on the catwalk. Laura's clothes always look so perfect, but they told Kara Sahn (sp?) in season 1 that they "didn't want perfect". Uli's clothes are really colorful and unique and surprises each time. But I'm not so sure about her final 12 pieces. As for Jeffrey, he is just off the wall so much. But, is that what they are looking for? While voting is between the on screen judges, if you read the fine print when the show is going off, it says something about the producers having a say in what's being shown. I think this is the case in any reality show. They didn't want Rupert kicked off the island too soon because he was viewer favorite. The whole point in a tv show is that the audience wants to watch it. I think in all reality shows, the producers sway opinions to get a certain result. Just my opinion. They don't want the show to be predictable.

--Jo

Hi Jo,:)

Call me cynical......but the end result is already fixed, In my opinion.

I do agree they want viewers to watch;) and seems we do what

they want...the ratings for ALL these shows are very high.

And in the end...isn't that what its all about? Ratings....and

of course the almighty $..they are intertwined.

If they didn't get good ratings they would not have been

brought back for another season.

Oh, from the beginning I have wanted Michael to win

and my feelings have not wavered.:)

I'm from Atlanta and there was an article in a local magazine about Michael. Apparently he tried out for Season 2 (I think he already said that) and the judges -- particularly Tim Gunn -- said he was promising but not yet mature enough as a designer. He said Tim still wasn't completely sure he was ready for Season 3 either; however, the others did so he was in.

Much as I love me some Michael, I wonder whether he might have faded a bit at the end just because he's had less experience and may not be mature enough (skills-wise) to put an entire collection together. When Tim visited, he commented that it had to seem like a cohesive group of work. From what we've seen so far and the runway photos from the Olympus show, I'm not sure he was able to pull that off.

I agree the Jeffrey thing is probably all a lot of hooey. I wasn't that impressed with ANY of their handsewing skills on the show (possible exception of Laura), but as Curt points out, he DID win the couture challenge. And I think that even when the other designers were looking at his rack of clothes, Uli even said that it wasn't so perfect.

We shall see! I have to admit that Jeffrey has grown on me. Were it not for the unfortunate "mother" incident, I think he'd be much better liked!

Uli even said that it wasn't so perfect.

We shall see! I have to admit that Jeffrey has grown on me. Were it not for the unfortunate "mother" incident, I think he'd be much better liked!

Yep, Uli did point that out. You know sometimes it seems that so much is covered in the show you wonder if they were coached. :p

I definately agree about the Mother thing. Jeffrey's clothes are interesting and if he's not disqualified, we will see what happens. He and Laura makes the show more interesting now that the others are gone.

Cruisemom42, what's the inside street buzz in ATL on Michael?