Which scooter to purchase

22 hours ago, Billteg said:

I had no problems on the train, cruise

Ship, taxi (SUV or van is best but it does fit in most car trunks fine) or airplane with my Fold and Go.  It fills up to the size of a large suitcase. I understand on some newer aircraft you can store them in the cabin but on my flights they stored it before but I had no problems.  It's easy to wheel when folded up, like a suitcase.  Security was no issue at all. Should you buy a gold and go, please give my name as a referral and I get a small credit.. William Tegtmeyer.  I'm very happy with my Fold and Go.  The backrest does not recline but I find it comfortable.  I do have an extra pad on my seat if I'm going out and about. I tried a scooter and they are nice but not very convenient if you are a traveler.  I find the Fold and Go by far the best choice for me.  Good luck

Ordered last night and gave your name for the referral. 🙂

It really does seem to check every box on the list and it seems like a much better option than a scooter for planes, trains, taxis,  etc. If it doesn't work out then we'll hold YOU personally responsible ... KIDDING LOLOLOL

Spoke with them on the phone yesterday afternoon for about 45 minutes and they answered every question we had. Thanks for the advice on this. We get it next week and cruise later this month. 🙂

Will let you know how it goes.

Edited by NightOne

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Ordered last night and gave your name for the referral. 🙂

It really does seem to check every box on the list and it seems like a much better option than a scooter for planes, trains, taxis,  etc. If it doesn't work out then we'll hold YOU personally responsible ... KIDDING LOLOLOL

Spoke with them on the phone yesterday afternoon for about 45 minutes and they answered every question we had. Thanks for the advice on this. We get it next week and cruise later this month. 🙂

Will let you know how it goes.

I bought a Wheelchair bag by Vive thru Amazon.com which has been great for caring around stuff.. Quite roomy.  I think it's better than the holder from fold and go. I also recommend some type of hook such as a large Caribeener (I bought Hero clips, a little pricey but they are great for caring bags, even hooking a suitcase to pull behind the chair..I use 2).  Not sure how tall you are but I also got the armrest extension so it gives me a little more room for my arm to operate ,(I'm 6'1”, 300+ lbs) and I got the foot extension which makes my legs more comfortable but you may not need those extension but I do recommend the bag and hooks of some kind.  I also got the cupholder which is Handy for drinks... Thanks for the referral. Best of luck, bon voyage

7 minutes ago, Billteg said:

I bought a Wheelchair bag by Vive thru Amazon.com which has been great for caring around stuff.. Quite roomy.  I think it's better than the holder from fold and go. I also recommend some type of hook such as a large Caribeener (I bought Hero clips, a little pricey but they are great for caring bags, even hooking a suitcase to pull behind the chair..I use 2).  Not sure how tall you are but I also got the armrest extension so it gives me a little more room for my arm to operate ,(I'm 6'1”, 300+ lbs) and I got the foot extension which makes my legs more comfortable but you may not need those extension but I do recommend the bag and hooks of some kind.  I also got the cupholder which is Handy for drinks... Thanks for the referral. Best of luck, bon voyage

It is not for me personally.

We did get the arm rest extenders which they said they would install themselves before we get it. We also bought 2 carabiner clips, drink holder, and airline travel protector bag from them. Bag was kind of expensive but not when you compare it to the overall cost. I like how all the accessories can stay on it when folding and unfolding it. (obviously not the airline bag though LOL)

It all should arrive early next week. They said it was shipping today.

The only thing else I am looking into is some sort of security cable or lock to keep anyone from running off with it in ports.

I've had my travel scoot for many years. I have the original one without the automatic backup. I ride it right up to the door of the plane, they put it in the hold, and have it ready for me when the plane lands. They are a wonderful company to deal with and Tony, the owner will always answer questions.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:06 AM, NightOne said:

It is not for me personally.

We did get the arm rest extenders which they said they would install themselves before we get it. We also bought 2 carabiner clips, drink holder, and airline travel protector bag from them. Bag was kind of expensive but not when you compare it to the overall cost. I like how all the accessories can stay on it when folding and unfolding it. (obviously not the airline bag though LOL)

It all should arrive early next week. They said it was shipping today.

The only thing else I am looking into is some sort of security cable or lock to keep anyone from running off with it in ports.

Just a bike cable, i think I paid $2 for mine.