Playing Golf

Cebse

St Thomas has a beautiful course, Mahogany Run, but it is still closed from the hurricane. St Martin has Mullet Bay but I wouldn't recommend it. Puerto Rico has many good courses, Rio Bayamon, Dorado, East Golf, but I don't know their condition post hurricane.

Is anyone aware of any services that provide golf excursions including taking care of booking tee times and arranging transportation to and from the course. I have often thought this could be a nice niche market, like shoretrips, but specializing in golf.

Caribbean's not the greatest golf destination. After cruising around Hawaii and Mex Riviera have been spoilt for choice with port calls each having several international standard courses nearby. Our next cruise around Grand Cayman/Cartagena/Aruba/Curacao/Bonaire has slim pickings with either one or zero international standard courses at each.

Despite being a golf tragic, I don't find myself caring too much as the non golfing alternatives are so good.

That said, am keen to hear about anyone's golf experiences at these ports of call!

• 4 months later...