Havana cabana end rooms noise from Ocean Plaza

mbe30

Hi, just booked 5201 on the Horizon, which is the end Havana Cabana. Looking at the deck plan, I’m unsure as to whether or not it shares a wall with Ocean Plaza. I worry about noise at night from the band. Does anyone have experience with the end Havana Cabanas on the Vista who can tell me if this was/is an issue? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look up "Jim Zim" on google - he did a report here on Cruise Critic and also a video on Carnival Vista. He complained about the terrible noise in their Havana Cabana suite - he says his exact room number on the video so you can see from his experience what it was like based on location.

We stayed in 5201 on the Vista last summer. The cabin was great. It does share a wall, but it is far enough away that you do not hear anything out of the norm or an annoyance. There is a door that separates the hallway and Ocean Plaza/public areas, it does help block out noise you hear in public areas.

Assuming the Horizon is set up the same...

It is a very convenient location and I would not hesitate to stay there again. We are booked again on the Vista this summer and 5201 was already booked, so we picked another cabin on the same side. If it would have been available I would have booked the cabin again. Enjoy the Horizon, the Havana area is well worth it.

The suites mentioned in the previous post are closer to the Havana pool and bar, than 5201. The bar hosts a live band in the evening, and I agree the suite would hear it more. But it was not an issue for us in 5201.

Contrary to what a lot of people comment on, there is no issue with privacy. We spent plenty of time on our lanai, with very few people walking by because of the locked gates that separate the public areas from the Havana area.:):) I know there is very little info. out there on this cabin, so I hope this helps.

How was 5239? That is the room we have booked.

Awesome.... By having access to your cabin from the outside (balcony/porch slider), save many steps going back to your cabin from pool/bar area. Was very quiet and the right side had a separate wall so when sitting on porch portion you had complete privacy on right side

Look up "Jim Zim" on google - he did a report here on Cruise Critic and also a video on Carnival Vista. He complained about the terrible noise in their Havana Cabana suite - he says his exact room number on the video so you can see from his experience what it was like based on location.

Thanks, I saw his post and video, which was one of the reasons why I was concerned. It seems that the suites and insides can hear the noise from the Havana Bar since they share a wall with the bar. I was hoping that this wouldn’t be the case with the Havana Cabana that we have booked. Thanks again!

We stayed in 5201 on the Vista last summer. The cabin was great. It does share a wall, but it is far enough away that you do not hear anything out of the norm or an annoyance. There is a door that separates the hallway and Ocean Plaza/public areas, it does help block out noise you hear in public areas.

Assuming the Horizon is set up the same...

It is a very convenient location and I would not hesitate to stay there again. We are booked again on the Vista this summer and 5201 was already booked, so we picked another cabin on the same side. If it would have been available I would have booked the cabin again. Enjoy the Horizon, the Havana area is well worth it.

The suites mentioned in the previous post are closer to the Havana pool and bar, than 5201. The bar hosts a live band in the evening, and I agree the suite would hear it more. But it was not an issue for us in 5201.

Contrary to what a lot of people comment on, there is no issue with privacy. We spent plenty of time on our lanai, with very few people walking by because of the locked gates that separate the public areas from the Havana area.:):) I know there is very little info. out there on this cabin, so I hope this helps.

Thank you so much! This is exactly the information that I needed! I just couldn’t tell from the deck plans whether or not we would be able to hear the music late at night from the Ocean Plaza, so I really needed someone with first-hand experience. We had a bad experience on the Glory a few years back with a room directly over the lounge. Stupid mistake choosing room on my part.