Qsine on Reflection

tx121

Qsine on Reflection has been turned into Little Chef Petite which is a animation show where the small chef prepares your meal. I think it is in a trial run. Kind of disappointed since we were looking to try the fusion foods. It is $25 this cruise for the little chef petite. Hopefully it is worth it. Qsine is also not part of the dining package either for this cruise.

Why does Celebrity always change the places we like?

First the specialty restaurants on the M Class are turned into Tuscan Grille (not an upgrade if you ask us) then they take away Bistro on 5 and now Qsine?

I hope this is just a one off. We really like Qsine.

We experienced it last week on Reflection. At our table of 6 I think there were only 2 of us who had seen the preview videos online. The biggest disappointment was the menu - obviously it is a fixed menu because the video is of the La Petite Chef preparing it; they did offer an alternate for each item at least.

Bouillabaisee soup or French onion soup

Roasted half lobster or Pan roasted sea bass

Filet mignon or Sauteed chicken breast

Rice pudding brulee or Chocolate cake

Vanilla ice cream sundae or fruit sorbet

Of course, food is subjective so take anything I say here with a grain of salt - I didn't find the bouillabaisse very tasty. I love cioppino and would have preferred that. The lobster and filet mignon were both very good. Then there were 2 desserts - creme brulee rice pudding and ice cream. I can't eat either of those being lactose intolerant so I took the two alternates here. I loved the animation for the creme brulee rice pudding, but no one at our table liked the actual dish.

Other feedback from our table is that we all would have preferred a salad course over two desserts. Our travel companions said their grandkids would love the video, but would eat almost none of what was offered on the menu.

For $25 it was worth trying. None of us would have paid $55 for the experience. On the feedback card, in addition to some of what I said above, I said that this experience was a "one and done" unless they provide a second menu with another set of animations, something that should be easy enough for them to do.

We experienced it last week on Reflection. At our table of 6 I think there were only 2 of us who had seen the preview videos online. The biggest disappointment was the menu - obviously it is a fixed menu because the video is of the La Petite Chef preparing it; they did offer an alternate for each item at least.

Bouillabaisee soup or French onion soup

Roasted half lobster or Pan roasted sea bass

Filet mignon or Sauteed chicken breast

Rice pudding brulee or Chocolate cake

Vanilla ice cream sundae or fruit sorbet

Of course, food is subjective so take anything I say here with a grain of salt - I didn't find the bouillabaisse very tasty. I love cioppino and would have preferred that. The lobster and filet mignon were both very good. Then there were 2 desserts - creme brulee rice pudding and ice cream. I can't eat either of those being lactose intolerant so I took the two alternates here. I loved the animation for the creme brulee rice pudding, but no one at our table liked the actual dish.

Other feedback from our table is that we all would have preferred a salad course over two desserts. Our travel companions said their grandkids would love the video, but would eat almost none of what was offered on the menu.

For $25 it was worth trying. None of us would have paid $55 for the experience. On the feedback card, in addition to some of what I said above, I said that this experience was a "one and done" unless they provide a second menu with another set of animations, something that should be easy enough for them to do.

Thanks for your feedback. I love lobster and filet mignion so I will be happy with those. For $25 I guess It’s “worth” the experience. I agree if it was $55 I don’t think I would book it. Looking forward to our upcoming meal in a few days!

As a vegetarian who was looking forward to Qsine on our next Reflection cruise, I find this change very frustrating. Why do so many specialty food experiences have to be so vegetarian-unfriendly? Meat 1 or Meat 2 is not a choice.

We are just off Reflection and enjoyed Le Petit Chef....we giggled from start to finish. We found the food fine!

We believe that on Cruises from now it will be regular Q’sine most nights and just Le Petit Chef on evening chic nights....

If you speak to the M’D of any of the speciality restaurants as you book they will offer vegetarian and other options for guests with any allergies or intolerances. Whilst alternative foods may not fully match the ‘story’ I am sure you could still enjoy!

As guests who found the Q’sine menu a little ‘stale’ we are glad alternatives are being trialed.

Go in with an open mind and you will enjoy!

Is everyone sat at the same table together or in your party?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Separate tables for 2/4 or more but there is a presentation to all, first course, presentation, second course etc so delivery is in two services....we were impressed by the efficiency of the service....

Separate tables for 2/4 or more but there is a presentation to all, first course, presentation, second course etc so delivery is in two services....we were impressed by the efficiency of the service....

Watched the video !!! Crazy ! My hubby was more impressed than i was ! Wonder whether it will happen on our Med cruise on Silhouette in Sep

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the last cruise and tried Little Chef also. The presentation is fun and 'cute', it made us chuckle a few times. I would agree it's a once off though, the menu is very limited, the alternatives are from the MDR everyday menu (which is poor considering its a fee venue).

I would also agree kids would get it more than adults but the menu would put them off. The general consensus around the ship was it was worth doing once (at $25 and definitely not $55 as suggested it will be) and Qsine is a better option

Between what I've read in other threads and also calling Captain's Club, the Petite Chef is being tested on select nights on some ships. Most nights things will operate as usual.

I'll be on Reflection on 4/27 and will report back based on first hand experience.