Specialty Dining $50 Cabin Credit?

How does booking your reservation when you have the $50 cabin credit work? Do you have to pay for the meal upfront or just the difference? How do you make reservations for 2 different cabins that have the credit?

Thanks in advance for your help!:):):):)

any kind of cabin credit/onboard credit needs is to be onboard the ship, you can not use it book dinning in advance

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know how to make reservations for multiple people in multiple cabins in this case so that we can get reservations together as well as everyone use their credits?

I also have a question on this subject. I have never had OBC in the past and have never used a specialty restaurant. For my upcoming cruise, I have a fair amount of OBC. When you book your reservations online ahead of time, is that when you pay or is the charge just added to your shipboard account? I would think the later because some of the restaurants are not just a flat fee. The price depends on what you order, I think. If it's just added to your shipboard account, couldn't you use your OBC to pay at the end of the cruise? Just wondering because I'm new to this. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know how to make reservations for multiple people in multiple cabins in this case so that we can get reservations together as well as everyone use their credits?

One person makes a reservation for the total group. Just book a table for 4 or 6 or whatever your group size is.

How the meals are paid for is done when you are presented the bill. One person could charge it to their room (I.e., using on board credit). Others could use a meal package. Just like splitting the bill at a restaurant. Each person could do it differently.

One person makes a reservation for the total group. Just book a table for 4 or 6 or whatever your group size is.

How the meals are paid for is done when you are presented the bill. One person could charge it to their room (I.e., using on board credit). Others could use a meal package. Just like splitting the bill at a restaurant. Each person could do it differently.

These are all dining credits, so will they charge the person setting up the reservation prior to sailing upfront?

what are dining credits?

never seen them before

• Internet Package
    • Stay connected while at sea with an Internet Package Time Plan of 100 minutes.
    • ADD

[*]

• Photo Package
    • Strike a pose and enjoy Free Photos! Includes 10 free prints per stateroom.
    • ADD

[*]

• Shore Excursion Credit
    • Explore more at each port of call with a Free $50 Shore Excursion Credit.
    • ADD

[*]

• Specialty Dining
    • Bon appétit! Enjoy a Free $50 Dining Credit.

• Internet Package
    • Stay connected while at sea with an Internet Package Time Plan of 100 minutes.
    • ADD

[*]

• Photo Package
    • Strike a pose and enjoy Free Photos! Includes 10 free prints per stateroom.
    • ADD

[*]

• Shore Excursion Credit
    • Explore more at each port of call with a Free $50 Shore Excursion Credit.
    • ADD

[*]

• Specialty Dining
    • Bon appétit! Enjoy a Free $50 Dining Credit.

thx.

which promo is this?

thx.

which promo is this?

It is tied to the 3 day Bahamas out of Port Canaveral on June 1st. This is the first time that I have seen this but I guess it may be pretty standard on shorter itineraries. I have only had the 3 day specialty package, so am unfamiliar with whether or not the meals will need to be prepaid at booking the reservation for Teppanyaki.

I am actually asking these questions on behalf of a friend on this sailing because I couldn't answer it and hoped someone who has taken the 3 day with the credit could help. They are in a balcony and got to pick 2 of the choices, but as you can see the dining package is just a credit towards the meal price.

I think from the prior answers, in order to get reservations prior to sailing, they will have to pay up front, but I do not understand what happens with the dining credit that is specifically for dining and not a *general* on board credit.

If your doing the ncl sky you still get the perks listed above since the sky is all inclusive. The 50$ obc is added like a regular obc. Past passengers I have booked were able to you it just like regular obc if they didn’t want to use it towards dinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums