Drink package offered by norwegian

lovebarbie

Hello,

I have a question on the 2 perks offered by Norwegian, that is included in your rate. Which are the best value? I thought the $50 per cabin shore excursion sounded like a good deal (I am stopping at 8 ports), but found out it's limited to only 4 ports, and it would only be $25 each person. About the DRINK PACKAGE, is it limited to certain alcoholic beverages? For example, I like to occasionally have a slushy tropical drink. Are those allowed for free with the drink package, such as a frozen daiquiri or pina colada? What about the tips? The travel agent I talked to said that if you choose the drink package, they will still charge you $17+ per day for tips on your bill, no matter what amount you drink. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks!

Hello,

I have a question on the 2 perks offered by Norwegian, that is included in your rate. Which are the best value? I thought the $50 per cabin shore excursion sounded like a good deal (I am stopping at 8 ports), but found out it's limited to only 4 ports, and it would only be $25 each person. About the DRINK PACKAGE, is it limited to certain alcoholic beverages? For example, I like to occasionally have a slushy tropical drink. Are those allowed for free with the drink package, such as a frozen daiquiri or pina colada? What about the tips? The travel agent I talked to said that if you choose the drink package, they will still charge you $17+ per day for tips on your bill, no matter what amount you drink. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks!

any drink up to$15 and if it's over that, you just pay the difference + 20% tip on the difference. No daily limit other than what you can drink without becoming falling down drunk. Never had a drink all week that went over the $15 dollar, and we were ordering some good call brands. And yes, you pay the gratuity on the price of the package $89 * 20% * days of cruise.

Edited by KarlChilders
add info

. And yes, you pay the gratuity on the price of the package $89 * 20% * days of cruise.

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your reply. I just didn't quite understand the reference to $89 ?? Are you saying it's $89 to buy this package normally? They told me it would save $319 with the package.

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your reply. I just didn't quite understand the reference to $89 ?? Are you saying it's $89 to buy this package normally? They told me it would save $319 with the package.

$89 is the 20% gratuity on the cost of the package if you purchased it.

Hi Karl,

yes, the package if purchased is $89 plus 17.80 gratuity per day for the length of the cruise.

$89 per day, plus the gratuity amount, is what NCL currently charges for the Ultimate Beverage Package when they sell it, and 20% is the gratuity amount they add to it.

If you choose the UBP as an amenity included in your fare, you don't pay the daily rate for the package, but you do pay the daily gratuity amount.

I'm going on a 14 night cruise soon, and I have the UBP as one of my amenities. I did not pay the daily amount (the $79/day, which was the rate when I booked) but I paid $199.08 gratuity for the 14 day package. This gratuity amount was included on my invoice, so it has already been paid. The gratuity breaks down to $14.22 per day, or 18% per day for the package (rate when I booked.) Thus, when I'm aboard the ship, all my drinks (up to $15 cost) will be free and the gratuity is already covered as well.

So, if you choose the UBP, you will get the package free (no $89/day charge), but you will still pay the gratuity amount - you'll see it on your booking invoice. Hope this helps!

Judy

At the time you book the cruise you are charged for the gratuity. $17.80 USD per person per day. On the cruise you are not charged unless your drink is above the $15 limit. If you drink more than one drink a day this option makes sense.

The drink package as a free perk is a great deal. You can get two drinks at a time from any bar or restaurant on board. Each drink can be up to $15. If it is over $15 you pay the difference.

You will see an additional charge on your booking for "Choice Promotion Service Charge," which is the gratuities for your drinks. For my upcoming cruise on the Gem in June, it is $249.20 for the two of us, so $124.60 per person.

Considering the package alone would cost $89/day per person plus gratuities we are saving something like $1246 total for the two of us. Definitely the best deal of any of the Free at Sea perks if you are a drinker!

Basically, the drink package is worth $623 per person on a 7 day cruise (more for a longer cruise!). Shore excursion credit (if limited to 4 ports) is only worth $200. Even if you could use it at all 8 ports, it would only be worth $400.

Hello,

I have a question on the 2 perks offered by Norwegian, that is included in your rate. Which are the best value? I thought the $50 per cabin shore excursion sounded like a good deal (I am stopping at 8 ports), but found out it's limited to only 4 ports, and it would only be $25 each person. About the DRINK PACKAGE, is it limited to certain alcoholic beverages? For example, I like to occasionally have a slushy tropical drink. Are those allowed for free with the drink package, such as a frozen daiquiri or pina colada? What about the tips? The travel agent I talked to

said that if you choose the drink package, they will still charge you $17+ per day for tips on your bill, no matter what amount you drink. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks!

The first time I had the drinks package from Norwegian was on a 7 day trip and I paid nothing. The next time, the trip was 12 days and we were charged for the taxes and gratuity. I think the amount was around $180 CAD each. This included fancy cocktails, wines, sprits and liqueurs. It did not include water or specialty coffees but still a great value.

I recently cruised with Royal Caribbean for 9 days and the drinks package was $530 CAD each including water and special coffees so quite a difference. My next cruise is with Princess and their package is much more expensive than that. There are reports of poor selection of wines by the glass and many being sold out. I will be taking a pass on that one.

To pay the gratuity's on the free at sea package, yes every time! I will be paying 900.00 more on my upcoming Carnival cruise for the Cheers Package than I am for my NCL Bliss cruise next year.

And yes I will pay the difference if the drink is over 15.00.

It's called "choices "!

Same here. Have not read where it is limited.

Terms and Conditions (Cut and Pasted from NCL.com)

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

States nothing about limiting to 4 ports. I'm a little concerned about OP's statement because we are scheduled for an 11 nighter with 6 ports and a 15 nighters with 8 ports and selected this as one of our "free at sea"

I called and spoke with NCL customer service and confirmed that this is the current terms, however, I am not 100% convinced that it is accurate. Can someone please verify if they do have a cap of 4 ports on this perk?

Thank you!

States nothing about limiting to 4 ports. I'm a little concerned about OP's statement because we are scheduled for an 11 nighter with 6 ports and a 15 nighters with 8 ports and selected this as one of our "free at sea"

I called and spoke with NCL customer service and confirmed that this is the current terms, however, I am not 100% convinced that it is accurate. Can someone please verify if they do have a cap of 4 ports on this perk?

Hello, my travel agent originally told me that, but then later she looked into it more and couldn't find it saying a 4 port limit. So I'm unsure also. Who is "OP" statement? Based on the policy you posted, doesn't sound like it's limited.

At the time you book the cruise you are charged for the gratuity. $17.80 USD per person per day. On the cruise you are not charged unless your drink is above the $15 limit. If you drink more than one drink a day this option makes sense.

If I choose the package, I will definitely take advantage and drink more, LOL, though I'm not normally a big drinker. My agent told me that since we are booking as a group, we will NOT be charged the gratuities on the package. If that holds true, then it is great! Totally free drinks and gratuities for this package choice. A group is 8 cabins or more.

Hello, my travel agent originally told me that, but then later she looked into it more and couldn't find it saying a 4 port limit. So I'm unsure also. Who is "OP" statement? Based on the policy you posted, doesn't sound like it's limited.

OP means Original Poster - you.

Hi Karl,

you will be charged $17.50 per day for gratuities if the UBP is one of the perks offered. It is well worth it if you are going to drink more than a few drinks a day. the shore excursion, not such a great deal in our opinion, but if it is included we take it.