Upsell offer Ruby Princess

amindu

Hi Folks, i received an up sell offer for $199/person from category BB (Balcony) to ME (Mini Suite). After i did some math and what the prices were when i booked this seems like a very poor offer, as the savings are less than $100 if i had originally booked the ME category when i booked BB. Also, right now you can pretty much get an ME for less than what i paid for the BB. I declined the offer, but wanted to know if i was missing anything as far as the economics of the whole thing, and if anyone had ever been upgraded for free given that the current price of the ME was lower than what you paid. Sailing is in 6 weeks. Thanks

Edited by amindu

You don't say how long your cruise is so if it's a short cruise, that price does seem high for the upgrade. We were offered a $299pp upsell for an 8-day cruise from balcony to mini-suite and I got a good laugh at that. The fare would've been exactly what we could've paid had we booked the mini from the beginning. It was no great deal at all, so your $199 (if for a 7 day cruise) is certainly better. If enough people don't upsell, they'll offer the move for free eventually. But, it seems there are always people anxious to part with their money despite whether it's a good deal or not.

You don't say how long your cruise is so if it's a short cruise, that price does seem high for the upgrade. We were offered a $299pp upsell for an 8-day cruise from balcony to mini-suite and I got a good laugh at that. The fare would've been exactly what we could've paid had we booked the mini from the beginning. It was no great deal at all, so your $199 (if for a 7 day cruise) is certainly better. If enough people don't upsell, they'll offer the move for free eventually. But, it seems there are always people anxious to part with their money despite whether it's a good deal or not.

Hi yes it is for a 7 day Alaska Cruise. The mini-suite cabin (Dolphin deck) would be all the way forward while the Balcony cabin is mid-ship Aloha Deck

Hi yes it is for a 7 day Alaska Cruise. The mini-suite cabin (Dolphin deck) would be all the way forward while the Balcony cabin is mid-ship Aloha Deck

If you see a mini that's in a good location for you and it costs less than you paid for the balcony...call Princess and see if you can switch.;)

Otherwise, I vote for stay where you are.

If you see a mini that's in a good location for you and it costs less than you paid for the balcony...call Princess and see if you can switch.;)

Otherwise, I vote for stay where you are.

Hi if I switched would I lose my perks that I received when I signed up which were free gratuity and extra OBC from Princess.

But, it seems there are always people anxious to part with their money despite whether it's a good deal or not.

Yup.

Hi, regarding the upsell, what is your sailing date on the Ruby? I am looking for an upsell like you described.

Hi if I switched would I lose my perks that I received when I signed up which were free gratuity and extra OBC from Princess.

I would think if you're taking the UPSELL then no you shouldn't loose any of the perks but if you call and ask for the current deal that will net you a $0 charge, then maybe. All you can do is call and find out. Would like to hear how you made out? I'm on an Alaskan cruise that departs in just over 2 months from now. I'm in an OV and was hoping for an upsell offer to a balcony. However, paid so little for my OV that I doubt I'll get a balcony offer but who knows, it could happen.

I would think if you're taking the UPSELL then no you shouldn't loose any of the perks but if you call and ask for the current deal that will net you a $0 charge, then maybe. All you can do is call and find out. Would like to hear how you made out? I'm on an Alaskan cruise that departs in just over 2 months from now. I'm in an OV and was hoping for an upsell offer to a balcony. However, paid so little for my OV that I doubt I'll get a balcony offer but who knows, it could happen.

for an alaskan cruise, would imagine balconies are in high demand so even if any are available near end, doubt it'll be much of a deal

I took an upsell offer couple weeks ago for an April Mediterranean cruise and paid 480 cdn each through upsell offer to go from an OV to BB

for an alaskan cruise, would imagine balconies are in high demand so even if any are available near end, doubt it'll be much of a deal

I took an upsell offer couple weeks ago for an April Mediterranean cruise and paid 480 cdn each through upsell offer to go from an OV to BB

Agree, it's a stretch to think an upsell offer will be in my future, knowing how much balconies are valued in Alaska. Right now, even with the big sale going on, it will be nearly $900 each to upgrade ourselves to a balcony and just not worth it to us. Have a great time on your Mediterranean cruise. That's one I have on my bucket list of places to cruise.

Was offered an up sell from a BA midship balcony on Caribe to a M1 Club Class Mini on an 11 day Med cruise for $179 per person. Took it in a heartbeat!

I don't blame you! I'd take that deal as well. Only time we've been offered an upsell was on a 5-day cruise - from mini suite to a suite for $330/person. We thought that was a bit high for that short of a cruise.

Was offered an up sell from a BA midship balcony on Caribe to a M1 Club Class Mini on an 11 day Med cruise for $179 per person. Took it in a heartbeat!

this is a great offer, i would have taken that as well. I asked for M1 but i was told that it is only on the ME cabins, which was just too high for that price point.

this is a great offer, i would have taken that as well. I asked for M1 but i was told that it is only on the ME cabins, which was just too high for that price point.

We were offered a ME a week ago and turned it down. They must have really wanted our BA badly. This is on the Crown BTW.